April 23, 2014, 03:34:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Could use some ideas for Advertising...  (Read 3587 times)
wolfmetal45

Designated APC Driver

« on: May 21, 2011, 11:58:23 am »

Not quite sure if this belongsi n the High School thread, but since I'm shooting for my fellow students to play instead of tweens or elementary school kids.

I believe I could get 20 people from my high school to be commited to playing Humans VS Zombies every other week or so during this summer.  But I'd love to have atleast 70.  Now normally this wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that there's a fair amount of people who would deem this as "immature and a disgrace to the class of 2012" -damn student council Angry -

What tips do you guys have for helping me convince people who would normally think of this as a waste of time to atleast give it a chance? 

Everyone could use a little insanity, it keeps the creative juices flowing.
Newbs
* Game Organizer

You've got red on you

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 12:14:01 pm »

Well, if you don't already have one set up, set up a facebook group for your games. It can work wonders for getting people to know about the game.
And if they think it's immature, tell em that college students play it, etc. At some schools, professors play too.

Loadout
Primary: Berserker, centre barrel rebarrelled to take darts.
Secondary: Rebarrelled Big Salvo to take darts / Barricade (stock).
Sidearm: Badly Well rebarrelled Element (fixed it! Cheesy ).
MaxTemkin
* Administrator

One (1) Longshot Tall

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 01:36:53 pm »

First off, forget about bringing the student council on board. Those sound like the least fun people at your school.

I would focus on underground promotion for the game - maybe some awesome zombie posters in the bathroom stalls, and fliers with instructions to meet after school in a park with socks and a headband. From there, each HvZ player is responsible for bringing friends and passing out fliers next week.

Facebook is also pretty fantastic for things like this.

wolfmetal45

Designated APC Driver

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:28:05 pm »

Alright I've been showing the documentary to my friends and will do a little informational meeting and demonstration for my school's anime club (about 25 people).  I think that should be a god starting point.  And I like that idea of the 'BEWARE: ZOMBIE OUTBREAK (please check in at your local humansvszombies meeting or (our site) posters in bathrooms and such.

Also, I'll probably end up atleast a Moderator out of all of this.  Is it doable for a Mod to be a player as well?  I was thinking for missions I'd just hang back and let my teammates do any searching needed for objectives unless they REALLY needed help.  Plus shooting 'zombies' with NERF guns and socks is what drew me to the game.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:49:55 pm by wolfmetal45 » Logged

Everyone could use a little insanity, it keeps the creative juices flowing.
SpookyLucaZ
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 07:43:10 am »

for advertising, if your campus isn't a real jumpy school/campus( i.e. affraid of bomb threats from terrorists wielding nerf guns when your somewhere in ohio... Roll Eyes) i'd cover a big sheet of paper/poster with outlines of people in zombie poses with green(or red if you're daring) paint splattered over the bottom of it with all the info/HUMANS VS. ZOMBIES in big bold letters.  tell em that wont attract some attention!
as for making it seem not so 'childish' do as newbs said and explain who else plays the game,how many people across the world play it, and if that fails try and present it in a formal manner with somewhat of a speech to the dean/principal/WHOEVER is head of fun around there. point  out how responsible you can be and take charge as sure not to have anything happen that'd be unsavory for the administration.

Moderator/Organizer/Founder of 'Insanity Wolves'
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.