May 27, 2017, 07:01:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: San Diego State University: The Zombocalypse  (Read 5270 times)
IVhorseman

« on: October 19, 2008, 09:46:35 PM »

The thoughts of this are only in it's infancy, but this is the kind of game I was born to play. If you also attend SDSU and live on campus, then holy mother of god am I glad to see you! reply to this and we can start organizing right away!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 09:11:54 AM by Sklover » Logged
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 10:17:10 PM »

Most of us don't go to SDSU, but we can help you start a game.

If you have any specific questions, or just need help starting a game,let us know!

Loading Please Wait...
IVhorseman

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 10:24:52 PM »

Right. I've looked around on the wiki before I made a thread that already existed.

This is really more for hoping against hope that someone in the area sees this and says "hey, I go to SDSU and I'd like to be in a game too!". Chances are slim, but not astronomically so.

Also, most of the crowd at this college would deem this "TOO NERDY AND COMPLICATED LOL" to play, and would go back to their game of beer pong. The lack of culture at this school is incredible.
Cweed
* Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 11:26:01 PM »

At the off chance you find one or two people from your school here, you're still going to have to do a lot of work "in the field."  This is not a game you can set up over an internet forum.  You can get a lot of help, good ideas and support here, but we can't plan your game, put fliers up and make sure your players follow the rules.  As I've said time and time again, organizing games of HvZ is the best thing I did in college.  You just have to understand how much work that is before you say "I want to start one!"  So the first thing you're going to want to do is find people to help you.  Find people who care about the integrity of the game more than having power over people.  Find people who wont get drunk and give away important plot information (I'm guilty of this, though). 

As far as your campus goes, Goucher's an extremely... tolerant school.  That said, we still have to put up with a moderate amount of trouble from the kids who are too cool to play ourselves.  Mostly just looks of disdain or people shouting "get a life, nerds."  It's not that our players are oblivious to how these people see them.  They've learned how to not give a fuck.  And if you're going to be setting a game up you need to lead the way and show people it's ok not to take themselves so uber seriously.  What I'm saying is, your school is going to call you nerds and question whether you have lives.  Accept that and learn how to take it in stride.  They'll be stuck in empty meaningless jobs chasing whiter picket fences and wider widescreen TVs, slowly counting the days until entropy wins over and they're released from their mortal coils soon enough.

Just kidding.  I mean, I can see how people running around with nerf guns screaming at each other could be a little annoying when all you want to do is go to class.   There are a lot of people on this planet who look down on college students running around pretending to be commandos.  You know what? You have no right to tell them they should feel otherwise.  The catch is that they really don't have a right to tell you not to pretend to be a commando.  The best way to make sure they don't have this right is to clear the game with your administration before you do anything else.

Keep us updated on how your game progresses.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 11:27:40 PM by Cweed » Logged
MaxTemkin
* Administrator

One (1) Longshot Tall

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 11:48:04 PM »

I go to SDSU and I WANT TO PLAY SO BADLY.

OH GOD I AM SO GLAD TO SEE YOU.

IVhorseman

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 01:04:43 AM »

I go to SDSU and I WANT TO PLAY SO BADLY.

OH GOD I AM SO GLAD TO SEE YOU.

Hooray! A half-baked plan works out in the end!

We should prooooobably meet up in person sometime this week to actually see if we can formulate a plan together. I'll grab the nerdiest people I know (oh how i will raid the SCA), and i guess you just do the same? You know, spark interest and whatnot.

When/where would you want to meet up? I'd like to get this down with ASAP, see if we can organize and start a game with like 30 players by year-end. I have class till two and work mondays and fridays till 6:30 and tuesdays from 6:30 till like 11. I'm free baaaaasically any other time. E-mail or AIM me (both in my profile) if you're interested
Cweed
* Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 02:02:24 AM »

Sorry, max is just being a jerk.  He goes to Goucher.  Well, he would, if he hadn't gotten a staff position on the Obama campaign.  They're full of liars, that campaign. 
IVhorseman

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 12:20:41 PM »

Sorry, max is just being a jerk.  He goes to Goucher.  Well, he would, if he hadn't gotten a staff position on the Obama campaign.  They're full of liars, that campaign. 

Damn, I was so happy for a while. Time to cry myself to sleep!
MaxTemkin
* Administrator

One (1) Longshot Tall

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 01:41:02 PM »

Well I'd call that a job well done.

Hey IVhorseman - hold tight. We're putting together a game guide that should help you start a game at your school.

mynameisjean

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 11:32:33 PM »

dude, i live in california.
HvZ Fresno
8: Undefined index: group_stars
File: /home4/humansvs/public_html/forums/Themes/default/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 302