October 20, 2014, 07:17:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Penn State's Third Invitational!  (Read 10786 times)
Bob McAwesome

« on: July 20, 2011, 11:54:30 PM »

April 12 EDIT:

LAST MINUTE REMINDERS:
Orientation will be at 7pm tomorrow in 102 Thomas Building, running until 11pm. You will NOT need to be present for the entire event. There will be an exam next door, so please be courteous when heading in. See this map for parking details: http://i.imgur.com/FaHTg.jpg

Please print and pre-sign waivers! You MUST have a waiver signed and submitted to participate, even if you signed one last year. Waivers can be found here: http://urbangaming.org/uploads/documents/waiver.pdf

Bring some cash! We will be bringing last year's shirts to orientation, where they will be on sale for $5. All proceeds will go towards helping fund hotel rooms for people who didn't get housing. Get a cool shirt for cheap, and help your fellow players!

Blasters MUST have ORANGE TIPS, whether it's plastic or orange tape. We will have tape, but don't count on it lasting through several hundred people's worth of blasters. Also: no blowguns, no exposed metal on the barrels.

Socks can ONLY be packed with other socks.

Marshmallows are legal! No minis, though.

Any last minute questions/concerns can be sent to lee.moore@urbangaming.org.

March 22 2012 EDIT:

Entering the final stage of planning and all that jazz. We've got a basic headcount, but we need exact numbers now.

Have ONE player from your school send your roster to lee.moore@urbangaming.org. Changes to a roster can still happen, but I'm going to be doing the housing list very soon, and I'd like the count to be very precise from here on out.

Saying that you are 'attending' on the facebook page does not actually mean anything. I need your school's roster.

Don't forget that each player needs to print and sign our waiver. If you don't do this before arriving at orientation, it will only take that much longer. Make everyone's lives easier!

Also, notes on our blaster policy, as long as you're reading:

1) Colors -- Your blaster should look like a toy. Lots of orange and yellow plastic visible is ideal. Custom paint jobs are allowed, but the more bright colors the better.
2) Orange -- I believe this one is federal law, but the barrel of your blaster MUST be orange, whether it's orange plastic or orange duct tape. We will have a limited supply of tape at orientations, but don't count on it. PLEASE make sure your blasters have orange barrels before you arrive.
3) Pain test and modding -- If you have done ANYTHING to the internals of your blaster, whether AR removal or complete replacement, or if you've built something from scratch, it MUST be approved by our club officers. Even if you're using the exact same blaster as last year, it must be reapproved. To test it yourself, if it raises a welt/hurts a lot when shot at an arm from point blank range (<1 foot), it won't be approved.
4) No blowguns. (Unfortunate) Campus policy. Sorry.

Questions about anything should still be sent to lee.moore@urbangaming.org.

Here we go again!

Date: Saturday, April 14 2012.

Register here. One person from your school/group should do the registration for your school.

FAQ:

When is the invitational?
Saturday, April 14 2012. There will not be a rain date, so hopefully weather will cooperate with us.

How is housing going to work?
We are going to try to get our own club members to house people. There are a lot of us with apartments, so hopefully we'll be able to avoid having people stay in hotels. Keep in mind, though, that depending on interest, there might not be enough space with club members. Housing is not guaranteed.

Where is your campus?
We are located at Penn State's University Park campus, located in State College Pennsylvania. Zip code 16801.

Is there a fee to play?
Nope! The game is free.

Is there a limit to the number of people my school can bring?
Nope! We want the game to have as many participants as possible.

Do you have a rules set I can read somewhere?
Yes! Our standard HvZ rules can be found here. These are the rules for our standard game, and are slightly altered for day-long games.

Does my school need to be invited to play?
Do you play HvZ? Are you interested in playing HvZ? Have you heard about our invitational? You're invited. We want to have the biggest game we can.

Questions should be sent to me (lee.moore@urbangaming.org) or to the game director, Morgan Wardrop (morgan.wardrop@urbangaming.org).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:37:05 PM by Bob McAwesome » Logged

OZ-PSU Invitational Spring '10
MoldySalsa

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 04:01:04 AM »

One word:

YES.

Purdue's "that guy wearing a skeleton mask"
One Winged Angel
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 09:37:12 AM »

Hell yeah, but my attendance is still very uncertain this far out. I'll get back to y'all in 2012.

Quote from: aylatrigger
Explosives aren't really my style.  I prefer thermite.

Quote from: Markus
Well, at least I know I could handle getting shivved in prison now.
AWFS Bear

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 05:35:29 PM »

I would love to get in on this. I even checked when out Plays will be and so far it seems I'm free that weekend, but I"ll get back with it all once spring approaches Smiley
G-Laser

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 05:12:35 PM »

Can't verbally express my excitement, so I must post this:

[G-LASER} ------
  ||"

Penn State University Urban Gaming Club
Mzzkc
* Game Organizer

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 05:33:43 PM »

See ya on the 14th! XP
Chuck

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 06:38:13 PM »

Pretty sure if I said no that I'd just get kidnapped.  So... yeah.
jjj2576
* Game Organizer

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 06:38:46 PM »

I am so pumped for this :3

-The Jesse Jennings (Slippery Rock Moderator & Hopeful Romantic)

Primary: Modifed LongShot (Added Spring)
Secondary: Modified NiteFinder (PVC Barrel, AR's removed, Added Spring, Rubberbands)

[1:22:21 AM] Erik "Chuck" Norris: Voldemort's truer evil was making Turtles On Tour
Carnby

Faith. Aim. Speed.

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 10:12:53 AM »

Hello! What is this? I will be there!

Main Blaster: "Shifting Sun" Longshot
Secondary: "Blue Tiger" Alpha Trooper
Ammo- 35rnd drum x 4, 18rnd drum x 1, 18rnd clip x 2, 6rnd clip x 10
Hebbes

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 07:56:43 PM »

Only if it has some organization this time. The last game the mods were running around like chickens with their heads cut off.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:01:53 PM by Hebbes » Logged

Hebbes, Ohio University and Player and Admin for Thursday Night Nerf in Athens, Ohio
Mr. Three
* Game Organizer

13+ Game Veteran

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 04:21:46 PM »

Berea is down to bring some doom.

Berea College, KY
Proud member of Z Squad
Quote from: Dyslexda
Water on darts? Certainly would be banned
But now I'm mad that I got trolled so I'm going to ban you anyway.
Rico

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 01:33:10 AM »

Can't verbally express my excitement, so I must post this:

That dog needs more orange duct tape.

Post Merge: November 06, 2011, 01:38:24 AM
But, in all seriousness, Razor Flight will join the HvZ::Athens contingent for your 3rd Invitational!

We'll bring our A game, camo pants, salty language, and a smile  Grin.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 01:38:24 AM by Rico » Logged

HvZ::Athens
Captain, Razor Flight
(Retired) Co-Captain, Strike Team JCON

And they shall call us by our name: UNDYING.
TheTempestKing

Hell's Janitor

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 09:41:59 PM »

It seems likely the first contingent of players from UNC Chapel Hill will be making the trek up to State College!  The invitational comes about a week or two in the wake of our Spring weeklong, it's shaping up to be a good April.

"Reshman" - Tears of Blitzkrieg - UNC Chapel Hill
Primary: Reshman III (Rampage w/ blowgun)
Secondary: Stryfe
teek42

BLITZ squad organizer

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 12:10:24 AM »

ohhohmgz yes  Grin

Primary: SMG rapidstrike, MG rapidstrike, carnivore stampede, or Ertl pump action shotgun.
Secondary: Top rail blowgun (if applicable), sometimes a tetrastrike.
NnStar molle vest with paintball pod holsters and assorted pouches. Blue camo btu's.
The_Mysterious_Mustache

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 10:01:13 PM »

Binghamton University is planning to return again this year.

Last year was a bit of a train wreck. We didn't get housing done correctly (mostly on our part). How will the system work this year?
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.