April 24, 2014, 12:02:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help: Sharp Shot  (Read 1353 times)
Hatchet

Storm the Gates!

« on: October 03, 2011, 05:18:48 pm »

So I picked up a sharp shot today and let me say this has the worst ranges of any nerf gun ive used so far it is right on par with the BuzzBee Hunter =/. This is also my first dart tag blaster and sadly I have two on the way in the mail (Quick 16 and Swarmfire) but im worried after using the Sharp Shot. I opened it up and put in 2 nickels behind the spring but it didnt seem to help much at all. I cant see how this would even be useful in dart tag let alone hvz. Now I dont want to return it as I love the feel of the blaster I just wished it performed better. So can someone tell me what my blaster should be getting stock before any mods and maybe this particular one is just a lemon?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 05:23:53 pm by Hatchet » Logged

The Saviors

Primary: Stampede (12v)
Sidearm: Strongarm
skullface1818

The Tallahassee nerf mogul

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 05:26:19 pm »

worst ranges since the hunter....harsh burn dude -___-

IDK....sometimes the seal/spring on them blasters ARE defective. look into replacing the Oring if you care enough or just upgrade to something new.

Name: Aaron S. Zaslow
Role: FSU's Nerf mad scientist
Squad(current): legion of chaos
arms: To be honnest? most of emmn
I like stampedes

My youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/skullface1818?feature=mhsn

Rate/subscribe.
MoldySalsa

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 05:28:06 pm »

Though I don't actually own one myself, I've heard that pretty much all Sharp Shots get terrible range in their stock form. However I hear that once you knock out the AR, the range becomes pretty decent.

Purdue's "that guy wearing a skeleton mask"
Hatchet

Storm the Gates!

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 05:33:43 pm »

worst ranges since the hunter....harsh burn dude -___-

IDK....sometimes the seal/spring on them blasters ARE defective. look into replacing the Oring if you care enough or just upgrade to something new.

Should I just try to return it and get a new one and maybe it was defective? Also it was so weak that one of the 4 darts I put in it wouldnt even have enough power to be pushed out.

Post Merge: October 03, 2011, 05:35:13 pm
Though I don't actually own one myself, I've heard that pretty much all Sharp Shots get terrible range in their stock form. However I hear that once you knock out the AR, the range becomes pretty decent.

The only mod I was planning on doing for it was the nickel mod I was hoping to get like 25 feet with that alone at least. When I did just the penny mod for my maverick it felt significantly stronger.

The Saviors

vidboi

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 05:37:57 pm »

Should I just try to return it and get a new one and maybe it was defective? Also it was so weak that one of the 4 darts I put in it wouldnt even have enough power to be pushed out.

Sounds like it's definately defective =/ If you've still got the reciept it should be fairly easy to get it replaced.
Hatchet

Storm the Gates!

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 06:11:56 pm »

Alright well thanks for the info guys, I am definitely going to return it and if the next Sharp Shot I get performs just as poorly then im just gonna give up on it altogether. I will just stick with my Maverick or Scout as my sidearm.

The Saviors

SpookyLucaZ
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 07:19:48 pm »

I own one and the mods I did to get ATLEAST 45 happens to be:
Teflon tape under the O-ring,
Removed AR,
4nickels behind the spring,
and a little plunger padding to deafen the plunger blow.
Good luck and I hope you just got a defective one!

Moderator/Organizer/Founder of 'Insanity Wolves'
Hatchet

Storm the Gates!

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 04:40:29 pm »

Well I returned it a while back (replying late) and I ended up buying the one Coop772 had for sale haha. His looked awesome and I am sure it performs great for what I want.

The Saviors

Boom

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 06:03:53 pm »

Just got one yesterday, we had a Nerf War to Advertise for HvZ here, and one of the prizes was a Sharp shot, I got it, and like you said it was crap, I then popped open the sucker and saw the reason, the spring is weak(not even 1/4 the power of a Mavericks) I put my mavericks spring in it along with the original spring. Its accurate as hell I fired at a target 35 feet away, I only fired once, but the dart hit an inch away from center. When properly modded(AR removal/double spring/seal improvement) this thing becomes a BEAST! Though Its not made for long distance like a modded night finder.

torukmakto4: What do you mean I can't use it in a thunderdome? It's a Reflex for pete's sake!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.