November 23, 2014, 07:52:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: "Official" HvZ blasters sighted!  (Read 16167 times)
skullface1818

The Tallahassee nerf mogul

« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2011, 02:53:54 PM »

Indeed. It does seem promising......might pick one up at some point to see what I can get out of it......would be kind of funny if I could get the official HvZ blaster banned from my HvZ games ^_^

Name: Aaron S. Zaslow
Role: FSU's Nerf mad scientist
Squad(current): legion of chaos
arms: To be honnest? most of emmn
I like stampedes

My youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/skullface1818?feature=mhsn

Rate/subscribe.
mcknightchris
* Game Organizer

« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2011, 03:32:47 PM »

Indeed. It does seem promising......might pick one up at some point to see what I can get out of it......would be kind of funny if I could get the official HvZ blaster banned from my HvZ games ^_^

That would be HI-larious.

Semi-retired from HvZ due to leaving TAMU. Hopefully I can make it to some missions and invitationals.

Squad: CDC

Insanity is just another state of mind... lol
Bobololo

I Will End You

« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2011, 05:05:48 AM »

Somehow squeeze a titan tank in it haha

After seeing the internals, I think you could extend the draw just a little bit.
Modification wise, spring upgrade, and definitely replace those barrels... omg they look terrible.

The YouTube Channel
Quote from: Daniel Beaver
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
Long live the Horsemen and hail Satan.
skullface1818

« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2011, 08:36:32 AM »

I hate re barreling guns like those...the itnernet makes it look eay to get them apart, but in reality, the glue that holds emmn together is super strong Sad

I like stampedes

My youtube!

Rate/subscribe.
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2011, 04:16:25 PM »

Glue in blasters is a no-no for me. I almost hulk smashed my tech target because of how they pretty much super glued in the AR cap/piece... took me over 20 minutes just trying to open the thing(if you notice I don't own a dremel)
BTW are there any real outstanding features of this blaster? besides the pretty stickers...? Wink

Still standin'...
Styrfe Primary+Abs. Panther masterkey
2'Blowgun Sidearm
Bobololo

I Will End You

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2011, 06:27:25 PM »

Heat gun/ boil it. I love using my heat gun on glued up junk. Unlike boiling, no waiting, and takes seconds.

I don't see anything that really stands out, but I like the design and aesthetics.

The YouTube Channel
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2011, 01:29:30 AM »

Is there any confirmed glue in these things?

Honestly, it would be better if there was.

This gun is obviously derived partially from the AZ 8, which is itself mostly Buzzbee Tek patterns with some modifications. That cylinder seems to be based on the old Buzzbee Tek cyls that used pegs like a rocket launcher and had no real barrels whatsoever (loose fit, polygonal cross section). That suggests that it is likely to be a 2 piece and that the barrel pack will be easily separated from the backplate, glue or no. Easy is relative, because if it's a ONE piece cyl like the later Tek pattern with the cross shaped pegs, glue will seem easy as pie to deal with after you get done sawing and grinding out the old barrels while trying to avoid the rotation mech hardware and clutch spline in the center, and possibly failing and resorting to carefully fitted PVC parts and lots of epoxy to rebuild the backplate assembly. Don't ask me how I know that.

Really, I do hope there is a glued joint there.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone

"Our survival instinct is our greatest source of inspiration"
darknyght00

« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2011, 04:58:58 AM »

When I was trying to build my Octoshot, my AZ dart blasters had no glue whatsoever. I unscrewed the front of the turret expecting the next few hours to include plenty of quality time with boiling water but the piece just fell right out. It's too bad that was the ONLY easy part of that mod for me.

I do really want to see someone do something lawlzy with this blaster. Since the turret (most likely) rotates on priming rather than trigger pull, Salvofly internals are out. Perhaps something with Nite Finder internals (always classy) or an Air Tek tank...

Or, here's an idea: 8 rotating Automatic Inline Clips by Dyxlesic. It wouldn't be a pistol anymore but I think it would be sufficiently bad-ass. A PVC hard-tank could be integrated into a shoulder stock to both fuel the massive air requirement for what would basically be a Magstrike with 8 (pretty sure it's Cool built-in clips and help counter balance all the new front weight. I think we're onto something here...

Primary: Rayven (WIP: Overvolted 12.6v, locks removed, reduced trigger pull, ammo counter)
Primary 2: Stampede (WIP: Overvolted 16.8v, SGNerf SMG reduction, SGNerf upgrade kit, ammo counter)
Primary 3: Alpha Trooper (WIP: OMW Massacre kit- 5kg spring)
KatanasPWN

King Under The Mountain

« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2011, 10:35:03 AM »

Anyone seen any other blasters in the HVZ line yet?

Wolololo
Bobololo

I Will End You

« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2011, 10:34:58 AM »

Update!
http://www.nerfmodsreviews.com/2011/09/hvz-triple-shot-another-hvz-blaster.html

The YouTube Channel
mcknightchris
* Game Organizer

« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2011, 06:25:00 PM »

What wonderful news!

Semi-retired from HvZ due to leaving TAMU. Hopefully I can make it to some missions and invitationals.

Squad: CDC

Insanity is just another state of mind... lol
skullface1818

« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2011, 07:46:22 PM »

congratulations folks: we can now make HvZ octoshots.........: 3

I like stampedes

My youtube!

Rate/subscribe.
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2011, 07:58:51 PM »

HVZ octos would be cool... but I am willing to bet that a shotgun quad would actually have some HVZ applicability when fully overhauled. A fully worked-over octo is just another dangerous century rifle that gives every mod nightmares.

A mild octo is an option, but so is a shotgun Quadshot with a barrel job and springs.

I have a Quad (not official HVZ, just Airzone red), which I will be doing eventually. It will get spring work, because its stock spring is going into a pede build. I hope to get decent ranges in 3 barrel configuration. Plus... zombies and shotguns. Win.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone

"Our survival instinct is our greatest source of inspiration"
KatanasPWN

King Under The Mountain

« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2011, 10:38:10 PM »

I now have a reason to get a triple shot... But seriously this is the kewlest shit since minecraft, tits, or twinkies. I hope they either make more blasters in this series, make some gear in this line, OR bring this line of blasters back in the future.

Wolololo
Ozymandias

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2011, 10:55:53 PM »

Make an Octoshot and use inline clips. Problem solved.

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.