May 29, 2017, 05:26:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Vuvuzelas: Practical?  (Read 12714 times)
Runhearn

Guns up!

« on: October 04, 2011, 08:55:38 PM »

Not sure if the topic has been done long before or not, or something roughly the same as it, but would a vuvuzela or other loud horn/ noise making object work to try and call advances, retreats, etc?  Thinking about making the blasts differ from long to short, and than the number for differing things.  Granted it would only really see use in large scale human v zombie skirmishes where it's more painstaking to deal with 40 humans screaming and shouting and 40 or more zombies doing the same thing, while trying to yell over both.  Thoughts or concerns?

"Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest man in space. Essentially he theorizes that if we launch a nuke now into space with no particular direction it WILL eventually ruin someones day. Maybe not today, tomorrow, or in a million days, but eventually it will, and not just a huge rock's day either."
-???
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 09:19:17 PM »

Gotta say the sound makes me want to drop kick a my little brony in the face but they are pretty effective against humans when zombies charge. While the humans are yelling and discussing what to do the sound overshadows them AND adds intimidation points.

"See you space cowboy..."
Primary: Minimized Demolisher
Backup: Socks/3' Blowgun
Alastir

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 10:07:29 PM »

Or get a decent whistle, and you won't necessarily let all the zombies know you are charging, because there could be a rec field or other sport area nearby that could have whistle sounds. Also, whistles are much less irritating.
mcknightchris
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 10:23:09 PM »

If you can, get a shofar. The use of it instantly sends your awesomeness rating to over 9000.

Semi-retired from HvZ due to leaving TAMU. Hopefully I can make it to some missions and invitationals.

Squad: CDC

Insanity is just another state of mind... lol
Boom

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 10:54:18 PM »

If you can, get a shofar. The use of it instantly sends your awesomeness rating to over 9000.

Lol, I can see it now, Men tonight we will not dine on brains, instead we will feast at the hall of Odin!
Varooom!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:56:07 PM by Boom » Logged

torukmakto4: What do you mean I can't use it in a thunderdome? It's a Reflex for pete's sake!
Sgt Biscuit

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 11:34:33 PM »

We definitely had one of the zombies doing this at at least a couple of missions in our game last week. It worked pretty well. Essentially he scouted out and, upon finding the human group, unleashed the fury of his vuvuzuela. It definitely got the horde to our hold location a lot faster than they normally would have. Combining this with scouting bike zombies could prove very effective...
gnomeofdoom
* Game Organizer

PVC Warrior

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 11:56:39 PM »

1) Zombie scout used a vuvuzela to inform other zombies who had set up an ambush in a parking garage below that humans were on the way.

2) Same guy while human was "batting" darts with the vuvuzela and getting farther ranges than most modded nerf blasters and blowpipes than I have seen. Granted, they were lobs, but my god can you hit darts far.

HvZ Alumni Player -SUNY College at Oneonta // HvZ Moderator and Graduate student - SUNY Binghamton // One day faculty advisor for HvZ at a university???

Weapon: Blowgun:
I've run out of space here to list them, so just go to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnomeofdoom314
KatanasPWN
* Forum Moderator

King Under The Mountain

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 12:13:26 AM »

Get a bulk order of vuvuzelas, give them to all the zombies, and have them use them when they attack, and swarm. Death vuvuzelas! Or you could give one to a special infected zombie that calls in the swarm.

Wolololo
Catastrophe
* Game Organizer

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 12:33:50 AM »

And then you have humans who counter by sending their own scout off with a vuvuzela and drawing the horde to where that scout is.

I think it would work, but only if you limit who is using them and how. If you have a lot of people using them, it'll just create more confusion (and noise pollution).

Also make sure your game can run with that as part of it. Your school might not like having vuvuzelas going off during the afternoons/evenings (if at all).

Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO
Game Administrator Spring '12 - Spring '13
Game Moderator Fall '13 - Fall '14 (semi-retired)
skullface1818

The Tallahassee nerf mogul

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 12:47:20 AM »

I gotta say, vuvuzelas en mas in game sounds like a STRONG platform for haters to get behind to ban the game........

Name: Aaron S. Zaslow
Role: FSU's Nerf mad scientist
Squad(current): legion of chaos
arms: To be honnest? most of emmn
I like stampedes

My youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/skullface1818?feature=mhsn

Rate/subscribe.
owyn_merrilin

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 04:20:05 AM »

We actually had a human bring a vuvuzela into battle in our Spring game. He mostly saved it for big battles during missions when the zombies already knew where all the humans were, but it was a huge morale booster. I'd definitely recommend a vuvuzela or two.
Sgt Biscuit

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 05:56:43 PM »

For some reason, all this makes me want is a blowgun inside of a vuvuzuela. Bonus points if you manage to maintain the functionality of both...
KatanasPWN
* Forum Moderator

King Under The Mountain

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 12:28:35 AM »

I was just thinking of that, or maybe make a barrel attachment for your blow gun so you can shoot darts as you play a war tune Tongue

Wolololo
Boom

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 12:44:00 AM »

Simple take that horn (I'm not even going to attempt to spell it's name) and connect it to a piece of PVC so you end up with a medieval looking trumpet, It should still make the right sound(or close to it) and it would be able to shoot darts too. the only problem is that the horn is like 4ft long and the best blowgun distance is 4 feet long, so you would have a 8ft long horn....I'd probably be best to carry them separately because firing a single Nerf dart would give your position away... not something you want if your just being a blowgun-ner.

torukmakto4: What do you mean I can't use it in a thunderdome? It's a Reflex for pete's sake!
KatanasPWN
* Forum Moderator

King Under The Mountain

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 07:35:06 PM »

Problem is Idk if darts can fit through the mouthpiece of the vuvuzela.

Wolololo
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.