December 12, 2017, 10:04:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vuvuzelas: Practical?  (Read 14042 times)
torukmakto4

Interstellar Caveman

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 11:03:40 PM »

Hope you know something about brass instrument physics (yes, a vuvuzela is a "brass" instrument even though it isn't even metallic)... that kind of bore geometry likely wouldn't sound good, and the resulting horn would have a different resonant frequency. You might be able to pull it off with a short (1') gun barrel as the throat of the horn. Regarding the mouthpiece, that has to get cut off and reinstalled at the mouthpiece end of the horn, which means that darts fitting through the throat is a non-issue. The mouthpiece would have to be removed for loading, possibly with a coupler.

"Are banshees legal in HvZ?"
Quartermaster, Florida 501st
All AC drives all the time from here on. Brushes suck.
My nerf blog
Boom

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 07:43:43 PM »

Yea, I couldn't find a horn of any kind here, so I'm just going with a cheap whistle. I'll be great for organizing the troops! And It requires a lot less lung power.

UPDATE: My collage bookstore just got a couple of them, so I bought one. Woop!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 06:51:52 PM by Boom » Logged

torukmakto4: What do you mean I can't use it in a thunderdome? It's a Reflex for pete's sake!
mcknightchris
* Game Organizer

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 03:07:21 PM »

The Horn has sounded! Prepare for the assault!

Semi-retired from HvZ due to leaving TAMU. Hopefully I can make it to some missions and invitationals.

Squad: CDC

Insanity is just another state of mind... lol
KingJulien

Dubstep Nerf

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 05:03:51 PM »

Topic of the month anyone? 

New and Creative
Tye Power

Z.E.U.S. Squad Leader

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 05:41:30 PM »

Seconded

Squad: Z.E.U.S.
Primary: Over-volted Elite Rayven
Last Resort: Socks
Equipment: Camelback
One Winged Angel
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 07:27:43 PM »

Seconded

Done!

Quote from: aylatrigger
Explosives aren't really my style.  I prefer thermite.

Quote from: Markus
Well, at least I know I could handle getting shivved in prison now.
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 11:07:22 PM »

I love you guys!

Loading Please Wait...
Sixth Kira

"I'll take this potato chip... and I'll eat it!"

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 05:26:58 AM »

THE VUVUZELA TOLLS FOR YOU!!!!!

If I ever use one of these at an HvZ game, I am so shouting that at the enemy, regardless of which side I'm on.

Wearer of the great and mighty longcoat. Worship my coat and all it stands for, gentlemen.

"Sir, how many darts does this blaster fire per second?"

"all of them"
Axiom

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2011, 10:03:49 PM »

Slightly on topic, but one of the veteran players in our game last round used a duck call. He kept it around his neck and it was the all purpose signal.

Also its shaped like a duck bill. So he was blowing it as a zombie to alert the horde, and a new human player just stood there looking at him waving his arms with this duckbill shaped call in his mouth while the horde swarmed her. It was probably the kill of the week.

Also, vuvuzela is not as practical or awesome as that horn.
Jkfyeung

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 03:50:39 PM »

Would this count as "Disturbing the Peace"?
Runhearn

Guns up!

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 12:46:09 PM »

Unknown, I used one a LOT last semester, cops were present most of the times I used them and didn't care.. So I'm not exactly sure, but I would check with your particular PD for either the area or the campus just to be on the safe side.

"Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest man in space. Essentially he theorizes that if we launch a nuke now into space with no particular direction it WILL eventually ruin someones day. Maybe not today, tomorrow, or in a million days, but eventually it will, and not just a huge rock's day either."
-???
hawkdanop

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2012, 10:45:34 PM »

Practical for zombies yes, deadly for humans. Not once, but twice at the last penn state invitational we were around a couple zombies. I say around because we were not surrounded by them, there were not enough of them to qualify for the term surrounded. Anyhow, some human blows his vuvuzela and starts calling out orders. Well, if you can imagine, as a zombie you dont hear a vuvuzela and think "hey, im not gonna go see wat that was". Needless to say a lot more zeds showed up and then we were "surrounded". Was it a coincidence maybe, w/e. Fast forward to the ending of the day when there r a lot more zombies then humans. We were held up behind some walls looking at the objective, no one has seen us yet. Not no more then 100 feet away, some human in a bigger turtling group blows a vuvuzela for god knows why, and draws the horde right into my squads hiding spot. Unless you got a plan, never draw zed attention to yourself. If your holding an objective and no zombies r there, don't send out scouts. If you have to, tell them to leave their blasters and dont send the ones dressed in camo. It doesn't change anything having a scout running back from 200 yards out telling u he saw zombies. What changes thing is if you send a scout out, a zombie sees them, calls more zombie, then procedds to follow the scout back to the main group. As a zombie weopon, vuvuzela is an awesome tool to quickly call reinforcments to a point. prolly nothing tops it
barbaraH3462

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2012, 07:25:59 PM »

Its high sound pressure levels at close range can lead to permanent hearing loss for unprotected ears after exposure with a sound level of 120 dB(A) (the threshold of pain) at 1 metre (3.3 ft) from the device opening.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.