October 31, 2014, 07:27:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: High School HVZ Question  (Read 3481 times)
Loller65

MENTLEGEN...

« on: October 08, 2011, 10:56:29 PM »

After months of trying to get this together, we've finally done it. We've figured out how to play HVZ as high school kids. There's one problem. Location. We wanna use the high school as our battlefield. I'm talking the outside. There's the main building, a track complex, a practice football field, our football stadium (can't get into the stadium), several tennis courts and the parking lot. We want to do the games on the weekend, but we have this one big problem.

Do you think, as long as we stay outside and respect the property, the high school would let us use the grounds, provided they ever found out about or shenanigans? We wouldn't be destroying property, and we'd obviously be picking up our trash. So what do you guys think?

PRIMARY- Stock Longshot with 119 rounds
SECONDARY-Banded Nitefinder with 13 rounds

Proud Founder of MWHVZ
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 10:59:00 PM »

So the question is....??
Should you play there?

Still standin'...
Styrfe Primary+Abs. Panther masterkey
2'Blowgun Sidearm
Catastrophe
* Game Organizer

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 11:13:04 PM »

If you have a group of high schoolers that are going to be playing on weekends, you might as well find a park nearby. The odds of using a high school campus without any supervision and being approved for it...yea, they're not in your favor. s:

Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO
Game Administrator Spring '12 - Spring '13
Game Moderator Fall '13 - Fall '14 (semi-retired)
Alastir

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 11:48:07 PM »

And if you really want to play on the campus, talk to some school officials. Most schools have a form to fill out to use the facilities, and if you're polite, and know some higher-ups in the administration, it's a pretty simple process.

I was on really good terms with our school president and principle in high school, and when I asked about using our gym and practice field for a weekend game, they let me bypass the forms, and the principle actually volunteered to be our adult supervisor for the weekend.

I would recommend against playing without asking. You could find yourself in deep shit.

Moral of the story, be polite, talk to the school.
SlenderTroll

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 12:34:49 AM »

I would guess it wouldn't be allowed; most schools have a strict zero-tolerance policy on any type of weaponry, fake or otherwise.

Still, can't hurt to ask.

Main: Alpha Trooper
Secondary: Recon
Tertiary: Maverick
Backup: Nitefinder

Also socks. Lots and lots of socks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.