May 27, 2017, 07:01:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: Nerf Rayven  (Read 98696 times)
Brianherb1

« on: November 03, 2011, 03:33:33 PM »

So it look like nerf is coming out with a new semi autimatic blaster, similar to the barricade except that it takes clips.

Here's the lowdown.
http://urbantaggers.blogspot.com/2011/10/preview-nerf-n-strike-rayven-cs-18.html

Squad: Gold Squad
Primary: Rayven
Secondary: Raider
Last Resort: Sock
Equipment: S.W.A.T. Vest equipped with extra Drum magazine, three 18 dart magazines and a dump pouch
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 04:05:02 PM »

Most of us have been well informed as to its arrival on the nerf scene. In other threads such as the blasters,equipment,etc. thread there's been discussions as to how it works to when it'll be released for almost a month now...

"See you space cowboy..."
Primary: Minimized Demolisher
Backup: Socks/3' Blowgun
Bobololo

I Will End You

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 05:10:20 PM »

Old news is old  Roll Eyes

The YouTube Channel
Quote from: Daniel Beaver
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
Long live the Horsemen and hail Satan.
Brianherb1

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 05:20:41 PM »

I thought I'd start a thread because some people only casually browse the site, and aren't likely to wade through 80 pages of a thread.

Squad: Gold Squad
Primary: Rayven
Secondary: Raider
Last Resort: Sock
Equipment: S.W.A.T. Vest equipped with extra Drum magazine, three 18 dart magazines and a dump pouch
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 05:33:40 PM »

Its plausible. There has been past threads dedicated direct to blasters like the vulcan tenents and the stampede,LS,barricade,etc.

Boildown

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 06:56:41 PM »

I thought I'd start a thread because some people only casually browse the site, and aren't likely to wade through 80 pages of a thread.

I agree.  I thought about making a thread about it as well.  Most of the discussion has been in http://forums.humansvszombies.org/index.php/topic,1393.0.html I think but it deserves its own thread IMO.

I'm excited for the Rayven.  I love my Barricade, especially with my mods.  I'm not a fan of streamlines but in all other aspects a Rayven everything a Barricade is, but better.  I'll be getting at least one of them.

Ghost Reporting

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 07:58:25 PM »

I'm trying to think of a good integration mod for the Rayven.  Because the flywheels need to spin up before the blaster can shoot, I can foresee situations where a surprised human player might not have time to stun a zombie.  Integrating a small holdout using the tactical rails is one idea. 

On the other hand, since the Rayven can be operated with only one hand, maybe a sock in the other hand is all that is needed Tongue

"Somebody call for an exterminator?"
Primary: Alpha Recon (AT+ Recon stock, sight);  Holdouts: Jolt, socks, foam stress toys;  Undergoing Evaluation: None
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 08:00:52 PM »

I think either a jolt or 2 may help seeing as it shouldn't take too long to rev up. Something goofier though I can see someone doing is integrating a barricade into it...or on it! Come to think of it...MINE!! Tongue

torukmakto4

DANGER - Stored Energy

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 09:00:48 PM »

I'm trying to think of a good integration mod for the Rayven.  Because the flywheels need to spin up before the blaster can shoot, I can foresee situations where a surprised human player might not have time to stun a zombie.  Integrating a small holdout using the tactical rails is one idea. 

On the other hand, since the Rayven can be operated with only one hand, maybe a sock in the other hand is all that is needed Tongue

Well, a compact backup shot could be had any number of ways, but most would be difficult to implement in an effective manner. I think that to provide the necessary fast reaction, the backup would have to be operated by the Rayven trigger or a nearby second trigger. There may be ways to undersling an SSPB and mechanically link its pilot valve to the trigger; another idea is a Hornet tank or two (or 3, or 4, or...) placed somewhere convenient. That would require an air source (i.e. a pump would have to be integrated) and plumbing. However, preventing the backup integration from discharging if the Rayven was used would probably kill any attempt to use the existing trigger. A pinky button might do. Then there is the option of using a Jolt as a VFG.

However, my instinct tells me that a far better idea is to undersling something bigger than a backup shot and a lot more useful on a barrel extension.

Swarmfire?

Recon barrel extension with a Swarmy receiver hung on it and fitted with a pistol grip and trigger would do it. Bullpups are particularly suited to underslung stuff without creating an overlong weapon because the magazine and action are back behind the grip, out of the way. The complete system would be significantly shorter and more wieldy than my Swarmpede (which isn't bad to start with) and I think the Swarmy really complements the Rayven well. When I run my swarmpede, I end up firing the rifle in SA most of the time and switching Swarmfire when things get close and dirty and I need a lot of automatic fire ASAP. Rayven could do that perfectly... long range, SA rifle that requires some time to prepare for a shot, and a medium range SMG that can put up an immediate wall of foam if necessary.

Everything is better with a side of Swarm.

I also think the Rayven is going to prove to be an unwieldy beast. It looks tail heavy as hell, and I don't think the one-handed operation or the ideas of it being an ideal PDW or pistol replacement carbine are going to work out quite as people hope. I think a barrel extension is going to make a big difference in wieldiness by both balancing the weapon and giving the support hand somewhere to go. However, maybe that's just my pro-rifle approach coming through.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st

You are now entering The Dart Zone
skullface1818

The Tallahassee nerf mogul

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 09:51:55 PM »

I kinda want to carry two on my back, and when my swarm fire/stampede runs out of ammo....
go matrix on someones ass with uper-volted Rayven's.

that's just me however. IDK....it MIGHT look good on a stampede if it wasn't so unweildly.....It would DEFIENTLY go well with a blowgun.

Probably best blowgun integration blaster their is....not front heavy..easily one handed..lots of room for ammo to hold.

just saying.

Name: Aaron S. Zaslow
Role: FSU's Nerf mad scientist
Squad(current): legion of chaos
arms: To be honnest? most of emmn
I like stampedes

My youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/skullface1818?feature=mhsn

Rate/subscribe.
Ghost Reporting

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 10:53:09 PM »

Everything is better with a side of Swarm.

That sounds like a good idea Grin

I also think the Rayven is going to prove to be an unwieldy beast. It looks tail heavy as hell, and I don't think the one-handed operation or the ideas of it being an ideal PDW or pistol replacement carbine are going to work out quite as people hope. I think a barrel extension is going to make a big difference in wieldiness by both balancing the weapon and giving the support hand somewhere to go. However, maybe that's just my pro-rifle approach coming through.

From the combat video that Urban Taggers posted, the weapon doesn't look unwieldy.  However, I agree with you that it probably won't work well as a PDW or pistol replacement.  Spinup lag just doesn't make it ideal for defensive purposes, and for that purpose I'd rather have a blaster that can be primed and ready to shoot instantly. 

I consider the Rayven to be an offensive weapon.  One person commenting on Urban Tagger's review of the blaster said it was unpleasant being on the receiving end of that blaster. 

"Somebody call for an exterminator?"
Primary: Alpha Recon (AT+ Recon stock, sight);  Holdouts: Jolt, socks, foam stress toys;  Undergoing Evaluation: None
maniac55

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 11:09:09 PM »

Having a heavy tail end will actually make it more accurate from the point of reducing human error (this is of course assuming that the blaster is actually shouldered). And as for integration I think that it is going to make a great platform. Just use the surplus recon fronts you all have (yes the longstrike, longshot and spectre fronts too) and make several fronts.

This means that no matter what day of the week it is you can roll out with the blaster that can own. Swarmy fronts you can have a big and little Smiley

Training is constant, forever, and always.... be forever vigilant for the enemy is upon us

Primary: "Saint" Long strike
Secondary: "Devil" Raider
Side Arm: "Dirty Harry" Spectre
To Class: "Demon" Recon
Specialty: Stampede, "Bio-hazard" Power Strike
teek42

BLITZ squad organizer

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 09:24:46 AM »

I am reall excited for this. Clip system, simple mods to get VERY respectable ranges, and as for spin up time, i already have the hornet tanks set up and ready for integ. I hope they come out soon.

Primary: SMG rapidstrike, MG rapidstrike, carnivore stampede, or Ertl pump action shotgun.
Secondary: Top rail blowgun (if applicable), sometimes a tetrastrike.
NnStar molle vest with paintball pod holsters and assorted pouches. Blue camo btu's.
TheTempestKing

Hell's Janitor

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 11:45:45 AM »

It wouldn't be that hard to integrate something, it's compatible with barrel attachments and you can attach practically anything (Barrel Break <3)to the bottom of a Recon barrel. 

"Reshman" - Tears of Blitzkrieg - UNC Chapel Hill
Primary: Reshman III (Rampage w/ blowgun)
Secondary: Stryfe
SniperFox17

The Man Who Survived The Horde

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 11:56:38 AM »

Loving the bullpup design.

The Raptor and Zombie Defense Network (R.Z.D.N.)

No such thing as sniping in nerf?  Challenge Accepted.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.