April 17, 2014, 12:29:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We're making a book  (Read 5583 times)
MaxTemkin
* Administrator

One (1) Longshot Tall

« on: December 06, 2011, 12:31:29 am »

Hey HvZ players, we're working on a book about Humans vs. Zombies that will explain what the game is all about, its history, and feature writing, photos and art from games all over the world.

We are looking for writing and artwork that reflects the history, culture and aesthetic of Humans vs. Zombies overall as well as the unique dynamics of individual games.

WRITERS: Send us your HvZ-inspired writing in the form of essays, nonfiction narratives, short fiction, puzzles and mission storylines, and whatever else you’ve got! Please keep it under 5,000 words.

ARTISTS & DESIGNERS: Send us your HvZ-inspired artwork. We want to see promotional flyers, photography, paintings and drawings, mission props, and whatever else you’ve got!

Send submissions to [email protected] by Feb 01, 2012.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 01:16:41 pm by Sklover » Logged

TheGrandKababi
* Game Organizer

The Con-Man

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 08:02:23 pm »

I've sent the call out to all our players here, hopefully something good comes out of that 400 person group.

School: University of Victoria

Primary: "The Perforator" Reduced and spring modded Longshot
Sidearm: "Ole Reliable" AR and spring modded Recon
Last Ditch: "Never Reload" Foam KA-BAR
Equipment: Tactical vest with walkie talkie, headset and ammo pouch for 9 spare mags.
Spaztikko
* Game Organizer

BANNED

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 08:55:52 pm »

how long is short fiction? im mad keen!

If you'll excuse me, I have to go kick a puppy.

Nodnodnodnodnodnodnodnodnodnod......
Bobololo
* Forum Moderator

I Will End You

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 11:09:54 pm »

Awesome! I have a story that I would love to send to you guys. I'll start typing it up immediately for maximum awesomness Smiley

The YouTube Channel
Quote from: Daniel Beaver
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
Long live the Horsemen and hail Satan.
Norm

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 04:25:44 pm »

I've got my narrative typed up and ready to send. Is there any information specifically that you need submitted with it?

The elusive shadow darts between corridors in the dead silence.
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 01:08:50 am »

I've got my narrative typed up and ready to send. Is there any information specifically that you need submitted with it?
Good call, why don't you list your name (alias), school (location of play), and the games of HvZ that you have under your belt. Feel free to send any other information that you might want linked with the submission.

Loading Please Wait...
Chevalier Mal Fet
* Game Organizer

PREPARE FOR TROUBLE

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 01:48:31 am »

Anything and everything I've posted on the website is fair game, as well as the detailed memoirs I have of each game on Facebook (friend me, Brad LaPlante at Truman, if you can't find 'em). I do believe they're the most thorough day-to-day accounts of any game that I have ever encountered, certainly the most thorough at Truman's. I'll also talk to some of our other players for their blogs about the same incidents, we could recreate an entire game of HvZ from multiple perspectives.

Om nom, kiddos.

Screw those lists of blasters. Being a zombie is just better.
Mr. Three
* Game Organizer

13+ Game Veteran

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 08:43:32 pm »

forwarding this message to my staff and players Smiley

Berea College, KY
Proud member of Z Squad
Quote from: Dyslexda
Water on darts? Certainly would be banned
But now I'm mad that I got trolled so I'm going to ban you anyway.
JamesDarwin

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 03:19:24 pm »

This sounds like a great idea. I'm new to the group and that would be soooo helpful to newbies like me.
Mzzkc
* Game Organizer

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 11:10:13 pm »

This has been up for awhile now, and I couldn't help wondering if this is still happening/open for submissions?

I ask 'cause I've got a ridiculous pile of HvZ inspired stuff (essays, poems, stories, photos, missions, game outlines, advertisements, etc.) I can round up now that didn't exist/I didn't have time to pull together when the initial call went out.
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 09:18:39 am »

This has been up for awhile now, and I couldn't help wondering if this is still happening/open for submissions?

I ask 'cause I've got a ridiculous pile of HvZ inspired stuff (essays, poems, stories, photos, missions, game outlines, advertisements, etc.) I can round up now that didn't exist/I didn't have time to pull together when the initial call went out.
Awesome! please send it on to us. The submission email is [email protected]. Development on the book has been on hiatus over the last couple of months, but we hope to start pushing it again.

Loading Please Wait...
BluEncore
* Game Organizer

SCAD HvZ - VIGIL Eternal

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 10:42:53 am »

I heard that you guys are mostly looking for drawings and photos at this point. Is that so?

Honorary Member of Human Clan VIGIL
SCAD HvZ Gameplay Committee 2012-2013
SCAD HvZ Gameplay Coordinator 2014
Mzzkc
* Game Organizer

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 12:02:13 am »

Will start tossing stuff into my dropbox for easy compiling. XP
Mzzkc
* Game Organizer

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 09:07:58 pm »

Finally sent out the email!

^.^
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.