October 23, 2017, 11:27:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: University-Style Games  (Read 4685 times)
Sixth Kira

"I'll take this potato chip... and I'll eat it!"

« on: December 28, 2011, 08:47:22 AM »

Well, as some of you will know, I'm currently a student at an Australian High School (which is years 7-12 for us), and I'm interested in starting a game.

My current idea is to run a week-long game, with missions held at lunch break. I have a decent-sized group (about 20~ people) interested already.

Good idea or bad?

Also, how should I get it through the school administration?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 08:51:54 AM by Sixth Kira » Logged

Wearer of the great and mighty longcoat. Worship my coat and all it stands for, gentlemen.

"Sir, how many darts does this blaster fire per second?"

"all of them"
Spaztikko
* Game Organizer

BANNED

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 01:16:51 AM »

if its anything like NZ, I'd suggest seeing your dean of the year. sounds like a good idea, but come prepared for EVERY SITUATION in their office, but, only bring them up if they ask about it. thats what absolutely fucked over my chances.

If you'll excuse me, I have to go kick a puppy.

Nodnodnodnodnodnodnodnodnodnod......
Sixth Kira

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 03:15:00 AM »

Well, I'm planning to ask our Head Of Students, who oversees all student-based activities on campus, and is more or less the highest-ranked person at the school, barring the Principal, who spends more time managing the school's finances and making the big decisions than actually dealing with students (I go to a private school, you see).

I know him reasonably well and am on good terms with him these days (I used to spend a bit of time talking to him about 'difficulties' [e.g. violent fights] I was having with another student). Therefore, I think I can convince him.

EDIT: I should also add that, as my school is out in the country, we have only about 600-700 students (so everyone within a given year level knows everyone else), and our campus is quite large, with massive amounts of outdoor space and a lot of greenery, etc., along with large grassy areas around the outskirts of the school which are still school property (and therefore available for play).
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:18:25 AM by Sixth Kira » Logged

Wearer of the great and mighty longcoat. Worship my coat and all it stands for, gentlemen.

"all of them"
Spaztikko
* Game Organizer

BANNED

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 08:53:40 AM »

cool. the problem i found with high school games held during days when its open is class to class - if its anything like mine, which is still a very large school, you dont want assholes running around in the science block. or any block, as it turns out (i ended up pistol whipping my old maths teacher with a mav Smiley . another story.). what the best thing is only exterior games on weekends or move to a park or somewhere. get players to sign waivers. dont pistol whip your maths teacher.

If you'll excuse me, I have to go kick a puppy.

Nodnodnodnodnodnodnodnodnodnod......
Sixth Kira

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 10:30:00 AM »

Ah, yes, that is a problem. Basically, no indoor play will be allowed; ninety per-cent of our school's space is outdoors, so that shouldn't be much of a problem. Also, I have no intention of pistol-whipping my maths teacher, primarily because he's ex-Israeli army and dropped four Year 12 students in about eight seconds flat when they challenged him to hand-to-hand combat  Cheesy

"all of them"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.