March 24, 2017, 09:58:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Utah State University Nerf ban  (Read 17279 times)
VisforVictory
* Game Organizer

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 10:50:11 AM »

I think it is a little overreacting. If it's not against the rules of the school, please check it, then they can't do something like that.

Ultimately, the safety of the school is up to the administration to decide.  It is easier for us to hold a university-sanctioned game.  With those two concepts in mind, I think the compromise was reasonable enough and both sides could walk away happy.  I'm not willing to let a massive tricked-out Nerf gun ruin the delicate balance we've struck with the school, especially when they aren't even banned outright, just during the day.  To me, I see it as no big deal compared to not being able to play at all.

So the rule is we have to fit it into a back pack? sounds simple enough. What about non-realistic paintjobs?

Overall, paint jobs are discouraged simply because we then have to define what is realistic and unrealistic.  If you choose to paint it, please choose a bright color and you must leave the orange Nerf tip clearly, visibly orange.  We hold blaster checks, so if you have specific questions before you paint it, you can email us at zombieaggies@gmail.com

So... any new news? If so can you let me know? I'm with the Veteran Association here at USU and we're interested in doing something or helping out or participating or something...

Ashley, we are holding the games again this year.  If you want to collaborate in some way, please email me at zombieaggies@gmail.com.

Never, ever, break Rule #4
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.