April 23, 2014, 05:14:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Invitation To Adept Mercenaries  (Read 4008 times)
Mzzkc
* Game Organizer

« on: January 13, 2012, 12:40:57 am »

If interested in this opportunity, please RSVP on our Facebook Event.

More information will be forthcoming as the situation develops, but here are some things you can plan to expect:
  • After 3:30 PM on Friday March 2nd (through Sunday March 4th) all parking on the estate is open.
  • Sign-ins for new hires will be on Friday March 2nd starting at 7PM, place TBA.
  • The terrain on the Maryland Estate is, quite literally, the opposite of flat, so plan accordingly.

Basic Firearm Restrictions:
  • All Firearms will be inspected upon arrival.
  • Please follow our 60' range guideline for firearm modifications; higher ranges are permitted, but excessive power may pose a threat to our on-site facilities and research personnel.
  • The only ammo modifications we permit are shortening the round to no longer than the length of the tip and applying personal markings.
  • No modification to the tips of your rounds are allowed.
  • No blowguns.
  • No homemade rounds.
  • No marshmallows (for legal reasons).

Registration will be made available in the near future on our website: http://www.brazielhiringsolutions.com
For more information regarding rules, regulations, and conditions, please visit our affiliate site: http://umbchvz.wordpress.com/invitational/
Contact us if you have further inquiries: [email protected]

We also ask that all leaders interested in sending groups of candidates to our Estate correspond with us so we can better suit your needs.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:43:35 am by Mzzkc » Logged
Mzzkc
* Game Organizer

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 05:13:39 pm »

Registration is live!

There will likely be a cut-off date for this, so if you want/need housing, even if you are not affiliated with a specific community, please register and fill out the housing form as soon as you know you can make it. It's on a first come, first serve basis, but we do offer preferential housing for those that would like to stay with a particular group or person.

Registered attendees will receive personalized ID cards that will grant them access to most of the Estate's secure facilities, both physical and virtual. Barring unforeseen circumstance, these IDs will be reusable and allow you to take advantage of our employee benefits program, if you decide to work with us again.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:43:10 am by Mzzkc » Logged
Markus

Loves Stampedes a little too much

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 11:39:00 am »

Do you allow for professionally made 3rd party rounds like the Foam Sports Australia darts? Also, the site doesn't load for me.

I can't wait to give more of my money to Justin Timberlake.

OH DEAR GOD MY LOINS!
Mzzkc
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 09:51:36 am »

Security has informed me that those production models shouldn't pose a problem. As for the site, make sure you have Javascript enabled and are not using IE, as I don't think our tech team supports that browser at this time. Get back to me if the problem persists.

Alternatively, you can try this link.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:54:44 am by Mzzkc » Logged
bharris1
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 02:08:03 pm »

Hello,

I am one of the members of the tech team for Braziel Hiring Solutions.  As our website has just gone live, some issues are to be expected.  I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me the following information about the site not loading:

• What exactly do you mean by "not loading" (i.e. do you get a browser error, do you get just a blank white screen, etc.)?
  • What happens when you visit our mirror site, http://colacadstink.getmyip.com:800/invitational/?
  • Does the webpage load from another computer?  What about from a cell phone using the data connection?  This may be a DNS resolution error, which I would need to contact our hosting company about.
  • What browser are you using, and what version?  (Usually you can find the version information for your browser in the "About" page, usually located in the "Help" menu.)
  • Do you have any plugins for your browser such as AdBlock or NoScript?  If so, you may want to disable them for both our main page and the mirror site linked above.

After you answer those questions I will be able to help you much more with this problem.

Thank you,
Benjamin Harris
Technical Support
Braziel Hiring Solutions
[email protected]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:21:36 pm by bharris1 » Logged
Mzzkc
* Game Organizer

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 01:36:07 am »

Just wanted to stress the importance of registration. For things to run smoothly we need those who are going, or even planning to go, to register on the site. If you later find out you need housing, want to change/add your phone number, update your emergency contact, or print a waiver you can change/access all those options by logging in with the profile you created upon registration.

As always, security is one of our top concerns, so you can rest assured knowing all of your personal information is kept strictly confidential and sensitive information encrypted. Only your name and organization will be made public on our Company Directory page.
Ghost Reporting

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 02:53:25 pm »

Could you go into some detail about the game setup?  

Approximately how many "Original Zombies" need to be dealt with on the UMBC campus, er, Mr. Braziel's estate?

Are there weapon "unlocks" (example: start with only blasters of 10 shots or less, better weapons allowed as missions are completed), or can we use any approved blaster right from the start?  Reason I ask is that I need to modify my loadouts to match game requirements.

How do lunch/dinner/food breaks work?  

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 03:04:06 pm by Ghost Reporting » Logged

"Somebody call for an exterminator?"
Primary: Alpha Recon (AT+ Recon stock, sight);  Holdouts: Jolt, socks, foam stress toys;  Undergoing Evaluation: None
Mzzkc
* Game Organizer

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 03:46:25 pm »

Could you go into some detail about the game setup?

Certainly.

Approximately how many "Original Zombies" need to be dealt with on the UMBC campus, er, Mr. Braziel's estate?

As far as we're aware, only a handful have breached security. Normally we'd be able to take care of matters like this on our own, but due to circumstances Mr. Braziel would like to remain somewhat discrete, we've had to put out word for assistance in accordance with NWA law.

As such, expect no less than 8 to be roaming the grounds upon your arrival.

Are there weapon "unlocks" (example: start with only blasters of 10 shots or less, better weapons allowed as missions are completed), or can we use any approved blaster right from the start?  Reason I ask is that I need to modify my loadouts to match game requirements.

While there are no public plans to restrict weapon use, Mr. Braziel has a history of "testing" the raw abilities of his new hires, so please be prepared to enter the field with minimal throwing projectiles (see our rules page for a complete list). If you are deemed capable, I'm sure you'll be granted unrestricted access to your equipment.

Please note that (in such an event) we'll be following the strict security/handling model pioneered by our friends at the Penn State Campus, so your equipment will be safely kept and treated with the same respect our security staff give their own equipment.

How do lunch/dinner/food breaks work?

There will be time throughout the day where we can (and will) lock down the facilities for food breaks. Unfortunately, there are only a few options on the estate to eat, but there are plenty of nearby eating establishments within the lock-down area. But, hopefully, everything will be sorted before dinner time.

We do ask that you eat a good breakfast before playing and stay hydrated throughout the day. We will be providing water/water bottles for those that need it/them.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:04:51 pm by Mzzkc » Logged
Ghost Reporting

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 04:48:07 pm »

While there are no public plans to restrict weapon use, Mr. Braziel has a history of "testing" the raw abilities of his new hires, so please be prepared to enter the field with minimal throwing projectiles (see our rules page for a complete list). If you are deemed capable, I'm sure you'll be granted unrestricted access to your equipment.

Thanks!  

Generally speaking, how many socks do people bring to these events to use as basic weapons?  

The reason I ask is because some players exclusively use socks.  If I brought 5 socks, and the maximum allowed was 20, some players, specifically sock ninjas who brandish upwards of 50, 60, or even 100+ socks, would have a huge advantage.  If socks play a bigger role in early game stages, I would definitely want to re-configure my loadout to be much more sock oriented and less blaster heavy.

"Somebody call for an exterminator?"
Primary: Alpha Recon (AT+ Recon stock, sight);  Holdouts: Jolt, socks, foam stress toys;  Undergoing Evaluation: None
Mzzkc
* Game Organizer

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 01:50:08 am »

Thanks!  

Generally speaking, how many socks do people bring to these events to use as basic weapons?  

The reason I ask is because some players exclusively use socks.  If I brought 5 socks, and the maximum allowed was 20, some players, specifically sock ninjas who brandish upwards of 50, 60, or even 100+ socks, would have a huge advantage.  If socks play a bigger role in early game stages, I would definitely want to re-configure my loadout to be much more sock oriented and less blaster heavy.

Bring how ever many you're comfortable managing/using. Unless you go off by yourself for some reason, there should be plenty of firepower in your appointed unit to ensure the safety of all.

The nice thing about our facilities is that we also allow you to use throwing rounds, be they dart or disc. So your spare rounds are just as useful as any other piece of weaponry if you've got some throwing practice in. You could also drop off extra or unnecessary equipment when you meet with your appointed field guide, if you wanted.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 01:53:05 am by Mzzkc » Logged
Mzzkc
* Game Organizer

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 04:15:24 pm »

Cut off date to register/apply for housing is this Saturday Feb. 25th. If you plan on going, and haven't registered, please do so!

Registration ensures a speedy orientation, sign-in, plus other benefits such as guaranteed housing and specially made, custom IDs with your name on them.

Individuals or groups that miss the cut-off will have to email us at [email protected] in order to reserve housing. However, we can't guarantee space after the cut-off, though we will try our best to provide you with somewhere more comfortable to sleep than the underground tunnels.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:39:28 pm by Mzzkc » Logged
legoexpo
* Game Organizer

Destroyer of Worlds

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 05:16:54 pm »

good luck with your game guys!

i know i'm stressing over ours!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.