November 23, 2014, 11:39:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 68
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nerf 2012 New Gun Thread (N-Strike Elite, New Dart Tag, Vortex): take 2  (Read 136587 times)
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« on: February 16, 2012, 01:15:24 PM »

Well, it seems the Elite thread has... gone away. I have zero idea what happened or if the old thread has any chance of being reanimated, so consider this its (hopefully temporary) replacement. Mods, if my creating this thread causes a problem or it ever becomes redundant, go ahead and kill it with fire, merge it or whatever may be necessary.

ANYWAY...

We all know more or less what the state of things was. Let's just try to pick back up from there.

For anyone new to the discussion: Word is out on the next wave of Nerf products.

The N-Strike Elite series has been officially announced, with 3 confirmed guns. These share a stock range claim of 75' which is speculated to be elevated range, and fire a new blue foam Streamline-like Elite Dart that is speculated to be a re-engineered stable Streamline.

Products include the Retaliator which is a Recon derivative...

...and the Rampage which is a Raider derivative.

The most hyped product is the Hailfire, about which little is known. Leaked images depict a pistol grip with no evidence of a stock and what looks like a flywheel switch, and rumors are that it is semi-auto and has 48 round capacity. Another claim is that multiple magazines were seen simultaneously attached to the gun. This is slated for 9-9-12 release.

New Dart Tag is getting the Snapfire 8, an 8-shot double action revolver that cocks on trigger pull and is adjustable for velocity v. trigger weight.

Vortex is getting the Pyragon, which appears to be a heavily modded Praxis derivative and includes a unique magazine that is rumored to be 40 round. Speculation is that it can be slamfired.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone

"Our survival instinct is our greatest source of inspiration"
AT92
* Game Organizer

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 01:22:49 PM »

Thanks for reviving it Toruk. I thought a mod had deleted it at first. Oh well, I have an exciting link to share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF7eHjdUTa0

now, as the tour is being initiated and the conversation turns to NSE, look closely at the video and you will get a nice picture of the Retaliator and a somewhat decent view of the Elite streamline design.

Also, Urban taggers provided some nice pics of the snapfire 8.

http://urbantaggers.blogspot.com/2012/02/dviceclose-ups-of-dart-tag-snapfire.html

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:26:30 PM by AT92 » Logged

Any newer HVZers or Nerfers out there? Check out my youtube channel to get any and all the info you need on the current line of Nerf blasters, Orange Mod Works products and more!
Masturcief42

lol I'm teh mastur cief!

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 01:48:32 PM »

Toruk, you forgot the sgnerf photo of the hailfire.

Go save lives, donate blood.
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 02:00:01 PM »

Toruk, you forgot the sgnerf photo of the hailfire.

Remember that I couldn't possibly remember the whole thread. My purpose for the images and all was to give some context so we don't have people who haven't heard about this asking what Elite is.

CT-2406

AT92
* Game Organizer

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 02:08:32 PM »

Remember that I couldn't possibly remember the whole thread. My purpose for the images and all was to give some context so we don't have people who haven't heard about this asking what Elite is.

i like how it says confidential.....yeah not so much.

Any newer HVZers or Nerfers out there? Check out my youtube channel to get any and all the info you need on the current line of Nerf blasters, Orange Mod Works products and more!
Masturcief42

lol I'm teh mastur cief!

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 02:13:51 PM »

The hailfire looks big with the rounding thing coming out.

torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 02:16:42 PM »

Actually, they were apparently touchy about people showing anything beyond this frame or so.

Also, I have a new theory regarding a strange trend in New Dart Tag lately: those freaky blue triggers. In both cases of blue triggers appearing on NDT guns, they have been either observed shooting notably high stock ranges (Speedswarm) or have been actively marketed as upgraded (Sharp Shot). I have to wonder if the blue triggers are the outward indication of a sort of unspoken sub-line of "New Dart Tag Elite" products. Notice that tha Snapfire 8 does NOT have a blue trigger, so it doesn't seem like a new aesthetic change of no other significance. Perhaps we will see more NDT-E products with upgraded springs in the future.

CT-2406

AT92
* Game Organizer

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 02:29:54 PM »

Actually, they were apparently touchy about people showing anything beyond this frame or so.

Also, I have a new theory regarding a strange trend in New Dart Tag lately: those freaky blue triggers. In both cases of blue triggers appearing on NDT guns, they have been either observed shooting notably high stock ranges (Speedswarm) or have been actively marketed as upgraded (Sharp Shot). I have to wonder if the blue triggers are the outward indication of a sort of unspoken sub-line of "New Dart Tag Elite" products. Notice that tha Snapfire 8 does NOT have a blue trigger, so it doesn't seem like a new aesthetic change of no other significance. Perhaps we will see more NDT-E products with upgraded springs in the future.

As much as I have seen this as well, I don't think that is the case. Simply comparing the blues or the NSE scheme and and DT trigger scheme, the DT appears to have a brighter blue. You could be right though, but with a complicated system in a blaster such as the Snapfire, if it wasn't going to be released with a blue trigger originally, then it may never get upgraded.

Masturcief42

lol I'm teh mastur cief!

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 02:40:12 PM »

Interesting, but will they redo some of the old blasters, other than the sharpshot?
And I just developed a theory on the hailfire. The big round part appears to have some sort of cog for a gear on it. And with people talking about Multipul clips I believe that the clips go on a wheel in the middle of the blaster and then rotate when you run out of ammo in the one clip, you turn the wheel and you get a new clip. Thus, if you have a large stockpile of 35 drums, and this thing has four magwells, you could have a 140 dart blaster, but only if i'm right. Which I'm doubting now that iv'e typed this out.

Ghost Reporting

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 02:40:27 PM »

The hailfire looks big with the rounding thing coming out.

I see what looks like an acceleration trigger below the main trigger.  More evidence of flywheel power?  I really hope Nerf moves beyond alkaline batteries for electric-powered Elite blasters.  If they want to get 75 foot ranges, I don't see how that's possible without an insane number of alkaline cells.  

I really hope the Nerf engineering team designs an Elite successor to the Alpha Trooper.  The Retaliator will likely have a slow rate of fire due to the priming slide location, and the Rampage is side-loading like the Raider, which I don't like.    

"Somebody call for an exterminator?"
Primary: Alpha Recon (AT+ Recon stock, sight);  Holdouts: Jolt, socks, foam stress toys;  Undergoing Evaluation: None
AT92
* Game Organizer

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 03:02:28 PM »

I see what looks like an acceleration trigger below the main trigger.  More evidence of flywheel power?  I really hope Nerf moves beyond alkaline batteries for electric-powered Elite blasters.  If they want to get 75 foot ranges, I don't see how that's possible without an insane number of alkaline cells.  

I really hope the Nerf engineering team designs an Elite successor to the Alpha Trooper.  The Retaliator will likely have a slow rate of fire due to the priming slide location, and the Rampage is side-loading like the Raider, which I don't like.    

Agreed Ghost, Even if the price was bumped up to 30 bucks, Elite AT's would fly off the shelves.

torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 10:00:38 PM »

I really hope Nerf moves beyond alkaline batteries for electric-powered Elite blasters.  If they want to get 75 foot ranges, I don't see how that's possible without an insane number of alkaline cells.  

I also think the switch to rechargeable is LONG overdue. Unfortunately, rechargeable tends to incur massive initial costs. Nerf is a shortsighted impulsive market driven by price points, feature lists and first impressions. 95% of nerf sales are not to HVZ/DT/War players like us looking for the optimal weapon, but to kids, parents, casuals, office warriors and the like. The $15 or so price bump for a rechargeable pack would kill a lot of business.

I can only see rechargeable being feasible if Nerf truly went all the way with Elite and released a 100% hardcore gun aimed squarely at adult players of serious games, built to last and perform like never before and priced in the $60-$100 range as would be expected for a product of this caliber. Those are the only people who are going to even bother thinking about the fact that one $10-$30 rechargeable pack can replace dozens of sets of alkaline cells. Everyone else would just witch and moan about the things being expensive because, quite honestly, they don't give a damn about what happens down the road. Sad market reality.

I run into it all the time trying to sell people on rechargeables for builds I'm doing. Some really find it hard to believe that there is $60 worth of batteries in my swarmpede, regardless of the fact that those packs, vs. the stock metric ton of D cells, will have paid for themselves in about 4 games WITHOUT even considering their most important attribute which is performance.

CT-2406

Boom

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 12:04:56 AM »

You know, I wonder, for those of you who have seen what the Hailfire looks like(yet cant really tell us) I have one simple question, and only one. How is it supposed to be carried(aka does it need a strap)?  

From what little I've seen, I'm deducing that it's almost like a clip fed Vulcan replacement. My evidence is that there is no stock what-so-ever and we've been told its "Big" and a "Heavy Weapon". This would also make logical sense giving that the Vulcan has been retired and there currently exists a gap for a "Heavy Weapon". As to the people who think it is semi-Auto, I have my doubts that Hasbro would even consider a "Heavy" Semi-Auto blaster. I have no evidence for this of course, but I wouldn't be surprised that (acceleration switch) preforms a similar function to any "normal" safety on/off switch, OR it may preform a currently "unknown" function.

In the event that I somehow am on the mark please tell me to shut up, I don't want to be deleted dead for accidentally Un-"confidential"ating this thing. . . xD
(In a PM of Course . . .)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 12:35:24 AM by Boom » Logged

torukmakto4: What do you mean I can't use it in a thunderdome? It's a Reflex for pete's sake!
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 12:33:47 AM »

...the Vulcan has been retired and there currently exists a gap for a "Heavy Weapon". As to the people who think it is semi-Auto, I have my doubts that Hasbro would even consider a "Heavy" Semi-Auto

Well, the trigger doesn't look like it has the stroke to operate a pusher. People tend to confuse FA and SA for some reason, so perhaps this is like the Nitron with a motor-operated pusher.

CT-2406

KatanasPWN

King Under The Mountain

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 01:00:14 AM »

I'd be fine using the snapfire 8 on full power, or maybe even with a spring upgrade, I've got these weird spring powered finger work-out things that I should start using more, so I can get teh most juice out of it! FINGER POWER. SEMI-AUTO. FUCK. (If you get the reference please say it here for a public +1 internets.)

Wolololo
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 68
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.