November 24, 2014, 03:56:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 68
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nerf 2012 New Gun Thread (N-Strike Elite, New Dart Tag, Vortex): take 2  (Read 136635 times)
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #810 on: August 22, 2012, 07:49:09 AM »

Of course this is AFTER they put the 75' sticker onto the box in big bold letters... Roll Eyes

Still standin'...
Styrfe Primary+Abs. Panther masterkey
2'Blowgun Sidearm
Omega_Trooper

« Reply #811 on: August 22, 2012, 08:16:15 PM »

I feel like I'm diverging the conversation a little but has anyone heard anything about the firestrike NF remake? I am assuming it will  have better ranges (though less than advertised of course). With ranges probably come better internals. But has anyone heard of a new/different red dot? Looking at the only released picture, the "laser" casing is different looking. I want to do a project with on that leans on the tacticool side but could prove useful. I am not looking forward to modding a NF but would be happy if the Firestrike's probable 50-ish range. I can't decide whether to chop the laser or work around it.

Should the new laser work out decently, I geuss I'll keep it. I just wanted to see if any "insiders" have heard anything.Thanks

You can't hide now, I am the warrior.
So decide now, How I'll remember you.
                             -Warrior, by Disturbed
RandomShadow09

The Nerfer formerly known as SpectreX

« Reply #812 on: August 22, 2012, 08:54:38 PM »

I feel like I'm diverging the conversation a little but has anyone heard anything about the firestrike NF remake? I am assuming it will  have better ranges (though less than advertised of course). With ranges probably come better internals. But has anyone heard of a new/different red dot? Looking at the only released picture, the "laser" casing is different looking. I want to do a project with on that leans on the tacticool side but could prove useful. I am not looking forward to modding a NF but would be happy if the Firestrike's probable 50-ish range. I can't decide whether to chop the laser or work around it.

Should the new laser work out decently, I geuss I'll keep it. I just wanted to see if any "insiders" have heard anything.Thanks

From the one front view we have (From UT), it looks like we have more of an upgraded flashlight instead of a "laser", but they did probably just make it an upgraded version of the current aiming dot.  What I'm excited about is that they took the switch off the stupid half-pull system in the current NFs and gave the blaster a secondary trigger like the current stock of flywheel blasters have.  That lets you use it when you want to, and not an all-or-nothing decision on whether to have batteries in it or not.

torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #813 on: August 22, 2012, 09:04:37 PM »

I am not looking forward to modding a NF but would be happy if the Firestrike's probable 50-ish range.

Why not? NF are very simple and rewarding to work on.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone

"Our survival instinct is our greatest source of inspiration"
Bobololo

I Will End You

« Reply #814 on: August 23, 2012, 03:55:13 AM »

Why not? NF are very simple and rewarding to work on.
For real. The range NFs can get is quite awesome for how small they are.

The YouTube Channel
Quote from: Daniel Beaver
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
Long live the Horsemen and hail Satan.
TheGrandKababi
* Game Organizer

The Con-Man

« Reply #815 on: August 23, 2012, 10:41:31 AM »

I don't know how many of you have taken a look at the Buzz Bee Panther but it won me over pretty quickly. For only $5.00 and straight out of the box hitting 45-50 flat it's a pretty awesome blaster.

The internals are pretty compact and definitely make an easy integration onto any blaster. I only have had it for about 12 hours and the drawing board for mods is already stacking up.

School: University of Victoria

Primary: "The Perforator" Reduced and spring modded Longshot
Sidearm: "Ole Reliable" AR and spring modded Recon
Last Ditch: "Never Reload" Foam KA-BAR
Equipment: Tactical vest with walkie talkie, headset and ammo pouch for 9 spare mags.
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #816 on: August 23, 2012, 11:16:59 AM »

Yes.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

CT-2406

teek42

BLITZ squad organizer

« Reply #817 on: August 23, 2012, 11:20:25 AM »

Lol thats just great.

Primary: SMG rapidstrike, MG rapidstrike, carnivore stampede, or Ertl pump action shotgun.
Secondary: Top rail blowgun (if applicable), sometimes a tetrastrike.
NnStar molle vest with paintball pod holsters and assorted pouches. Blue camo btu's.
RandomShadow09

« Reply #818 on: August 27, 2012, 07:53:04 PM »

Stockade finally got here!  I'll get videos made and posted as soon as I can, but I'm running into a very busy few days.  General first impressions: The Barricade is quite the looker done up in Eilte colors, and the stock is a good length and solid.  It's a bit longer than the Retaliator stock, and I'd describe it as similar in length to a Recon stock.

I haven't even had a chance to get batteries in it yet to do the most important thing, fire it!  I'm just stoked that it's finally here, and wanted to give you guys a heads up that videos will be incoming. 

Feel free to ask any questions, and I'll do my best to get answers and it'll give me an idea of what you would want to know from a video review.  Keep in mind that right now I don't have any other blasters with me, I only have the elite darts that came with it, and a range test might be a bit, because I haven't found somewhere to test where I'm living at the moment.

Ghost Reporting

« Reply #819 on: August 27, 2012, 08:49:34 PM »

Feel free to ask any questions, and I'll do my best to get answers and it'll give me an idea of what you would want to know from a video review.  Keep in mind that right now I don't have any other blasters with me, I only have the elite darts that came with it, and a range test might be a bit, because I haven't found somewhere to test where I'm living at the moment.

Do you think you could do a velocity comparison between Elite and non-Elite N-Strike?  More specifically, could you fire an Elite blaster side-by-side with a non-Elite and give us some perspective on the difference in dart FPS?

I don't think we need hard numbers... just some basic idea of whether Elite can hit a target faster than non-Elite.  Both my stock Alpha Trooper and my stock Praxis have the same FPS, which I understand from Jerm's videos is approximately 50 FPS.  Nerf is claiming 70 FPS for Elite, which might be a big advantage in HvZ.  OMW kits were boosting stock N-Strike to 90-100 FPS.

"Somebody call for an exterminator?"
Primary: Alpha Recon (AT+ Recon stock, sight);  Holdouts: Jolt, socks, foam stress toys;  Undergoing Evaluation: None
RandomShadow09

« Reply #820 on: August 27, 2012, 09:23:19 PM »

It'll be a bit before I can access my collection to do a side-by-side, but I can tell you right now that if we're talking Retaliator/Recon or Rampage/Raider then the comparable muzzle FPS is the Elites shoot darts like if you took the ARs out of the older blasters.  It's a very noticeable difference in FPS, and it will mean less dodge time for zombies.  I had a lot of experience shooting Nerf across my old apartment, and that is immediately what I thought of when I first fired the Elite blasters.

Kyhan

Amature Artist, Professional Person

« Reply #821 on: August 27, 2012, 10:01:53 PM »

I'm excited to see what the "Strongarm" has in store. Looking at just how well the Spectre was in comparison to the Maverick, I'm excited to see what they've done to beef it up. Hopefully it's a direct plunger, Spectre-Maverick hybrid, with the best of both worlds.
teek42

BLITZ squad organizer

« Reply #822 on: August 27, 2012, 10:24:34 PM »

I'm excited to see what the "Strongarm" has in store. Looking at just how well the Spectre was in comparison to the Maverick, I'm excited to see what they've done to beef it up. Hopefully it's a direct plunger, Spectre-Maverick hybrid, with the best of both worlds.
It is. On the back of the box it boasts about being slamfire. Though rather goofy to have on a pistol, it tells us that the cyllinder rotates on the prime, not the trigger pull.

Primary: SMG rapidstrike, MG rapidstrike, carnivore stampede, or Ertl pump action shotgun.
Secondary: Top rail blowgun (if applicable), sometimes a tetrastrike.
NnStar molle vest with paintball pod holsters and assorted pouches. Blue camo btu's.
barbaraH3462

« Reply #823 on: August 28, 2012, 10:10:19 AM »

I really did not have problems with the elitist. The former in fact posted a deal of expertise. Anyway, let's just go on with what we have now and do the best we could.
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #824 on: August 28, 2012, 03:30:59 PM »

I really did not have problems with the elitist. The former in fact posted a deal of expertise. Anyway, let's just go on with what we have now and do the best we could.

What?

CT-2406

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 68
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.