November 24, 2014, 01:37:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 68
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nerf 2012 New Gun Thread (N-Strike Elite, New Dart Tag, Vortex): take 2  (Read 136721 times)
RandomShadow09

The Nerfer formerly known as SpectreX

« Reply #615 on: July 12, 2012, 12:44:59 AM »

Popped the air restrictors out of the Retaliator and took it back outside.  The results are pretty much what you would figure, better ranges sometimes, but mostly more fishtailing.

**EDIT**   Did the same to the Rampage.  Brought ranges up about 10ft over stock, but the same fishtailing problem.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:50:41 AM by SpectreX » Logged

Ghost Reporting

« Reply #616 on: July 12, 2012, 07:31:34 PM »

http://basicnerf.wordpress.com/2012/07/12/the-nerf-vortex-pyragon-to-hits-stores-in-august/

Basic Nerf got a press release from the Nerf team at Hasbro saying that the Pyragon would go on sale next month (August).  Being able to unleash a storm of hard-hitting discs is going to make this more powerful than an Alpha Trooper, and I think only the high cost of Vortex ammo would discourage me from using it as a primary.

"Somebody call for an exterminator?"
Primary: Alpha Recon (AT+ Recon stock, sight);  Holdouts: Jolt, socks, foam stress toys;  Undergoing Evaluation: None
RandomShadow09

The Nerfer formerly known as SpectreX

« Reply #617 on: July 12, 2012, 08:18:50 PM »

http://basicnerf.wordpress.com/2012/07/12/the-nerf-vortex-pyragon-to-hits-stores-in-august/

Basic Nerf got a press release from the Nerf team at Hasbro saying that the Pyragon would go on sale next month (August).  Being able to unleash a storm of hard-hitting discs is going to make this more powerful than an Alpha Trooper, and I think only the high cost of Vortex ammo would discourage me from using it as a primary.

Yeah, I'll be looking into what might be done about getting bulk discs like we can get darts from eBay.  I just need to figure out how badly international shipping will affect the price-per-disc.  It looks like green, glow, and the red Pyragon discs are all available.

Ghost Reporting

« Reply #618 on: July 12, 2012, 09:23:29 PM »

Yeah, I'll be looking into what might be done about getting bulk discs like we can get darts from eBay.  I just need to figure out how badly international shipping will affect the price-per-disc.  It looks like green, glow, and the red Pyragon discs are all available.

During the holiday season, I was able to get 36-packs of T-code streamlines for $5/pack on Amazon, which comes out to about $0.139/round.  The cheapest I've seen discs is $0.375/round when buying the 40-disc pack at Target for $14.99+tax (actually comes out to about $0.40/round after tax). 

At 13.9 cents/shot, I don't really care if I lose darts or they are eaten by cats and dogs.  My own pets and the neighbors' pets find bouncy foam things hilariously entertaining and will run away with and use them as chew toys.  Unfortunately, losing Vortex discs is a lot more expensive.  In a mini-round of HvZ, if I start with 30 discs, I could easily end up with only 15 or 20 recovered at the end of the day.  Eventually some are found, but others fly into the woods or are chewed up by the puppy.

"Somebody call for an exterminator?"
Primary: Alpha Recon (AT+ Recon stock, sight);  Holdouts: Jolt, socks, foam stress toys;  Undergoing Evaluation: None
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #619 on: July 14, 2012, 11:33:01 PM »

After some talk with a very reputable Ebayer, I got some good news for y'all! You can thank me later...

Still standin'...
Styrfe Primary+Abs. Panther masterkey
2'Blowgun Sidearm
Hatchet

Storm the Gates!

« Reply #620 on: July 14, 2012, 11:44:08 PM »

After some talk with a very reputable Ebayer, I got some good news for y'all! You can thank me later...

Are those actual hasbro made darts or are they knockoffs? Im guessing the later.

The Saviors

Primary: Stampede (12v)
Sidearm: Strongarm
thebestcookie

« Reply #621 on: July 14, 2012, 11:53:19 PM »

...Why?

Quote from: The Lars Larson Show
Hey Jackass! Get your government off my freedom!

i pissed off my home depot style place for an hour bitching about purple pvc.
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #622 on: July 14, 2012, 11:53:52 PM »

I'd bet money they're elite. They had GitD streamlines a month before the rayven came out in select places.

Still standin'...
Styrfe Primary+Abs. Panther masterkey
2'Blowgun Sidearm
thebestcookie

« Reply #623 on: July 15, 2012, 12:44:02 AM »

Yeah. That's what I was thinking...

Quote from: The Lars Larson Show
Hey Jackass! Get your government off my freedom!

i pissed off my home depot style place for an hour bitching about purple pvc.
catbarf

« Reply #624 on: July 15, 2012, 11:00:59 AM »

Are those actual hasbro made darts or are they knockoffs? Im guessing the later.

Hasbro makes their darts in China. It's not unusual for a manufacturer to sell some units as OEM on the side.
MoHAlixPr

« Reply #625 on: July 15, 2012, 12:46:13 PM »

So let me get this straight: Elite darts will be compatible with past Nstrike blasters?  So will I be able to use the new 12round mag and elite darts in my OMW Alpha Trooper?
Vigilante
* Game Organizer

« Reply #626 on: July 15, 2012, 12:46:53 PM »

So let me get this straight: Elite darts will be compatible with past Nstrike blasters?  So will I be able to use the new 12round mag and elite darts in my OMW Alpha Trooper?
yuuuppp

Camarillo, CA Summer 2011 Last Ten Survivor Group, Medal of Honor Winner, Runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Summer 2012 Last Five Survivor Group, 2nd runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Winter 2012 Games Organizer
Camarillo, CA Summer 2013 Moderator
http://basicnerf.com/
Ozymandias

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #627 on: July 15, 2012, 02:23:13 PM »

I'm still waiting to hear how they perform out of a homemade like a +bow or Snapbow.

Also, another question: has anybody done tests with BB weighted elite streamlines yet?

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
ilikefish58

« Reply #628 on: July 15, 2012, 02:31:05 PM »

I'm still waiting to hear how they perform out of a homemade like a +bow or Snapbow.

Judging by how they performed out of my LS, all I can tell you is they'll be barely better than streamlines. Definitely not a replacement for stefans.

Trying to keep the Blogspot updated in 2013.

Everybody poops
mcknightchris
* Game Organizer

« Reply #629 on: July 15, 2012, 03:36:12 PM »

Also, another question: has anybody done tests with BB weighted elite streamlines yet?

That's what I've been waiting on. I know it has to make a good difference.

Semi-retired from HvZ due to leaving TAMU. Hopefully I can make it to some missions and invitationals.

Squad: CDC

Insanity is just another state of mind... lol
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 68
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.