November 01, 2014, 09:50:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creative Advertising  (Read 988 times)
Runhearn

Guns up!

« on: February 25, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »

Our game has been going on for a few years now and has a solid player base behind it, but due to the fact the campus is so large, a loit of people aren't always in the loop about when the game starts/other details that are critical to gameplay.  Generally we advertise by word of mouth, facebook, a few flyers here and there, as well as some other means of basic advertising.  Anyone on here know of any eye catching ways to advertise to the public on a university campus that'll help build hype?  We've considered making a promo video for the game that we're going to release closer to the start date, but beyond that not much.

"Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest man in space. Essentially he theorizes that if we launch a nuke now into space with no particular direction it WILL eventually ruin someones day. Maybe not today, tomorrow, or in a million days, but eventually it will, and not just a huge rock's day either."
-???
Gumbysmash

I call her "Veria"...

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 05:43:29 AM »

get a couple of friends to do up in zombie costumes and have them mill around a folding table with info guys. big sign on the front of the table that reads: Are You Ready? Have info guys chat up interested people, and hand out flyers. When  I set up a game it's one of my campaign ideas.

I don't need to be fast, just faster than you.
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 10:19:31 AM »

Get every armed player and zombie you can to come to your events and hang out. Nerf guns draw attention, as do realistic zeds with fake blood. If possible, have skirmishes nearby.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone

Quote from: Ross_Varn
Rabid squirrels are not an approved special weapon on any campus
mynameisjake
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 11:15:07 PM »

Tumblr is an interesting way to go, not claiming its the best but its easy to make a simple poster and leave a link on it for people to easily read up on in their free time. Some form of digital info
Mr. Three
* Game Organizer

13+ Game Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 01:17:39 AM »

Clever flyer placement gets you bonus points. We recently figured out the whole "split flyer in half across elevator doors" trick and got a lot of attention.

Berea College, KY
Proud member of Z Squad
Quote from: Dyslexda
Water on darts? Certainly would be banned
But now I'm mad that I got trolled so I'm going to ban you anyway.
Cabe

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 05:09:10 AM »

I dont know if its still as big in the US as the UK, but do you guys have a campus radio station?

If so it might be possible to put some "Resistance" broadcasts into the schedule like infamous Orson Welles War of the Worlds teleplay.

Along the lines of "hello?....hello? is anyone out there? I am trapped inside the science lab building and I'm low on ammo *Rattle Chains* *Zombie Moan* Let me know you are out there on FB/Twitter/email/etc VIVA LOS HUMANOS!"

You get the idea Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.