July 24, 2017, 08:50:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Zombie Shopping Mall (Fight Zombies in mall)  (Read 11374 times)
Vigilante
* Game Organizer

« on: March 21, 2012, 06:59:46 AM »

http://wish.co.uk/zombie-shopping-mall

UK only though, sorry people. I just found this on the net.

Camarillo, CA Summer 2011 Last Ten Survivor Group, Medal of Honor Winner, Runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Summer 2012 Last Five Survivor Group, 2nd runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Winter 2012 Games Organizer
Camarillo, CA Summer 2013 Moderator
http://basicnerf.com/
Dyslexda
* Game Organizer

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 07:19:27 AM »

Saw that as well, and my question is, how in the world can they afford to do this for so cheap? Even assuming location use is free, how can $190 USD be enough to provide for dozens of zombie "extras" for four or five hours, in addition to airsoft weaponry? For a true horde experience, you'd probably need at least fifty zeds (though preferably quite a few more), assuming only two or three humans. That's maybe $600 to pay fifty people for five hours (not including costuming), so like, what, $2.50/hr for the zeds (assuming everything else is free)? Do they just have lots of people wanting to play zombie for the day in the UK?

Hunting Grounds: Truman State University, Kirksville, MO

The Five Commandments:
1.) Don't Be Stupid
2.) Don't Get It Banned
3.) Don't Be A Dick
4.) Have Fun
5.) Play Like You've Got A Pair
TheGrandKababi
* Game Organizer

The Con-Man

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 10:21:11 AM »

Ever heard of a zombie walk? That's one way to draw in a crowd of people dressed up as zombies.

I have a feeling that this is equal parts business venture and publicity stunt which will result in a ton of press coverage either way. Giving people the chance to take part in something like this even if they're just zombies will still get a lot of response.

School: University of Victoria

Primary: "The Perforator" Reduced and spring modded Longshot
Sidearm: "Ole Reliable" AR and spring modded Recon
Last Ditch: "Never Reload" Foam KA-BAR
Equipment: Tactical vest with walkie talkie, headset and ammo pouch for 9 spare mags.
Boom

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 11:14:15 AM »

Um, if it's a group of 15 people (which it will most likely be every time. . .) for only 50 zeds that is  like 20 U.S. bucks an hour(for 50 people 3 hours). chances are there's 70 zeds getting paid their minimum wage/slightly above, the rest goes to materials and incidentals . . . . MONEY!
We need this in AMERICA! we have malls shutting down EVERYWHERE!
Somebody needs to start a business up quick while there's still time. . . .before the zeds come . . . . Brainz!

torukmakto4: What do you mean I can't use it in a thunderdome? It's a Reflex for pete's sake!
Gumbysmash

I call her "Veria"...

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 08:56:29 PM »

Already working on it. I've been in contact with the local mall and found out how much it costs to rent the mall overnight. It's suprizingly cheap for the mall, the real cost is the wages you have to pay to hire the security team to be on sight for teh duration. but I'll have the building, lacking the actual shops (those are closed and locked) and access to the movie theater (lacking the rooms again) that is built into the mall. 3 floors of fun, but i cannot set up until the mall is closed (10pm) and have to be cleared by time of open (9am) but that leaves 11 hours of fun and glory.i'll have a team of x people to help do set up and tear down and to be the starting horde and run the game in high speed mode.

I don't need to be fast, just faster than you.
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 09:03:43 PM »

Paying 100+UK$, to play an airsoft version of HVZ? No thanks. Let alone the conversion of pounds to US dollars is almost 1:1.5
Maybe if I lived in the UK, was interested in airsoft, and had my tax return.

"See you space cowboy..."
Primary: Minimized Demolisher
Backup: Socks/3' Blowgun
KatanasPWN
* Forum Moderator

King Under The Mountain

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 09:39:58 PM »

Spooky, if something like this but with nerf was available here in the Bay Area we should rock that tagteam style!  Cheesy

Wolololo
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 09:51:47 PM »

*Thinks to self, dawns suddenly, with images of amazing army of 2 zombie shredding, dead rising fun*
Dude...
*Drools*

torukmakto4

DANGER - Stored Energy

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 11:47:58 PM »

This is a strange concept... HVZ, but the zeds are preselected, the humans pay over $100 to play, the zeds GET PAID to play, and there don't seem to be any tags/kills... mostly just human fun, getting to shoot zeds at their expense.

I'm surprised all the pro-Z people haven't napalmed the hell out of this already. Can you say "zombies are second-class players"? If you have to pay the zeds to play, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!

I think I'll stick with the original game, in which one can ACTUALLY survive dangerous zombies who can do more than just get shot.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st

You are now entering The Dart Zone
Dyslexda
* Game Organizer

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 05:12:29 AM »

Thing is, this inherently isn't HvZ. It's a blatant zombie simulation. HvZ caters to two very different teams, and favoring humans is detrimental to zombies. This, however, is explicitly for humans only. Think of it more like a live action movie.

Hunting Grounds: Truman State University, Kirksville, MO

The Five Commandments:
1.) Don't Be Stupid
2.) Don't Get It Banned
3.) Don't Be A Dick
4.) Have Fun
5.) Play Like You've Got A Pair
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 05:28:22 AM »

They don't really explain if you can 'die' or get 'turned'. Whats the fun in that??
Not saying the whole 'fuck up once, get shot by airsoft guns for the rest of the 150$+ afternoon' but jeez besides an ass whooping, whats stopping some D-bag from standing in a doorway to blast every zombie in the nadz, go to every other room and look for more ammo to repeat?

Katyusha

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 09:42:50 PM »

whats stopping some D-bag from standing in a doorway to blast every zombie in the nadz, go to every other room and look for more ammo to repeat?

ammunition will be limited with only a few opportunities to refuel

"Sir, how many darts does this blaster fire per second?"

"all of them"
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 09:49:05 PM »

The online brochure for it said the ammo will be sparse or hidden. Hidden means somewhere inside the mall.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:07:39 PM by SPooKYLuCaZ » Logged

KatanasPWN
* Forum Moderator

King Under The Mountain

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 10:51:22 PM »

Honestly, an HVZ game inside a mall would be awesome, just renting it would cost a TON

Wolololo
Gumbysmash

I call her "Veria"...

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 05:37:40 PM »

$450, plus the cost of the security.

I don't need to be fast, just faster than you.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.