July 25, 2014, 09:04:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: An unorthodox HVZ documentary.  (Read 3477 times)
Necrocracy
« on: April 03, 2012, 01:02:12 pm »

This is my HVZ documentary.  A lot of you moderators and players at OSU are going to be offended, but the things in this documentary needed to be said, and if I didn't make this documentary, then someone else would probably make a similar documentary later, because this abuse has to stop.

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH6bi93Mp98&context=C445df2bADvjVQa1PpcFPpSI1EDnFZkGtR4-8BpsJTA8abNwfDDqo=

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31kMp7f6nWg&list=PLFF4BEFC0438AAEF3&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Part 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1FwYlCBDrA&feature=relmfu

I did not list the names of any of the humans I filmed and interviewed.  This is intentional, as those humans may not like the way I showed them and wish to remain unnamed.

I have already sent in my letter to the OSU moderators.
Dragon1291

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 02:50:47 pm »

Way to steal the Purdue Zgames Video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1k9pa8Xyoc&feature=related

Purdue HvZ Player (Fall '10, Spring '11, Fall '11)
Moderator (Invitational '12, Spring '12)
PAC
catbarf

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 05:32:10 pm »

And the RIT info video too, several times. What's great is how you mined it for examples of moderators telling zombies not to be dicks and NOT telling humans not to be dicks, yet you completely ignore the sections about humans raging over getting tagged and leaving safe zones.

Here's the video in question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJQmvapg958

And the very first scenario in that video is exactly what you complain doesn't exist.

Not to mention I highly doubt you got permission to use these clips in your documentary, which means it is breaching Youtube policy at the very least. I think you're being just a little bit over the top and melodramatic about the whole thing.

Oh yeah, and classy use of Nazi imagery in a video about a Nerf game. And 1960s racism is definitely a valid parallel to a campus activity. Makes perfect sense.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:44:22 pm by catbarf » Logged
Timebomb

Belt fed

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 05:52:05 pm »

I like how you use segregation and nazi imagery to imply that somehow hatred against a fictional race of brain eating undead is somehow a real social issue or something, classy.

Primaries:
-Air Zone Punisher
-Nerf Alpha Trooper

Secondaries:
-Maverick
-Lanard Tri-shotgun

Last ditch:
-Socks
Mr. Three
* Game Organizer

13+ Game Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 06:25:06 pm »

I am in complete awe of how asinine this is, and how much effort it must have taken.

Don't get me wrong, every HvZ game has problems and if "zombie bullying" or general human favoritism are issues at your school then those do need to be addressed by moderators. This is not the way to effect positive change--this is the way to encourage dickheads to troll you harder. I know I would, if I was an asshole who knew there was a player out there who would get so butthurt that they were hit with a stale marshmallow that they would make an incredibly offensive and poorly edited three-part documentary about it...

Sheesh...

* Bawwwww_bunny.jpg (22.45 KB, 264x373 - viewed 50 times.)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:34:30 pm by Mr. Three » Logged

Berea College, KY
Proud member of Z Squad
Quote from: Dyslexda
Water on darts? Certainly would be banned
But now I'm mad that I got trolled so I'm going to ban you anyway.
Sgt Biscuit

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 06:43:53 pm »

Man, I love taking quotes and video excerpts out of context, don't you?

In all seriousness, you clearly have no experience with what the moderators go through to organize these games. What those of us who actually organize these games spend 90+% of our time on is in balancing the game equally between humans and zombies. What you have to pay attention to is that, inevitably, being a zombie is being on the winning team of the game. Even if a handful of humans get "extracted" at the final mission, the real winners are always, always the zombies. Also, NPC's in missions are referred to as "human moderators" as you put it while in truth the mods are taking themselves out of the game to play the role of a character designed to aid player immersion and entertainment. In no way does this show a standard of human superiority as they are no longer considered "human" or "zombie" as traditional players are.

There are many, many other issues with these that I could spend quite literally pages to respond to, but as a whole, great job creating a hate-mongering video likening a elaborate game of tag to racism and fascism. You really nailed the point of taking info out of context and only viewing one side of an issue to show a completely unbiased view of this (non)issue, +1 to you.
hawkdanop

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 01:50:04 am »

videos already taken down....i was curios! WHAT DID YOU ALL SEE!
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 09:52:17 am »

I saw trolling.

hawkdanop: These videos were a sort of long-winded and very biased (see catbarf post) attack on a game being "not zed-centric enough" involving analogies to racism and the Holocaust.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:54:29 am by torukmakto4 » Logged

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone

Quote from: Ross_Varn
Rabid squirrels are not an approved special weapon on any campus
SpookyLucaZ
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 10:01:29 am »

I'm actually glad I didn't see this...unorthodox to say the least I presume?
Just another person trying to poke fun at our game...sad.

Moderator/Organizer/Founder of 'Insanity Wolves'
Spaztikko
* Game Organizer

BANNED

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 10:34:59 am »

indeed - there is a thread somewhere about this.

from what I understand, some guy went all douchey at OSU, and got banned, but then went all spiteful and made these hate filled videos. the issue is being resolved.

If you'll excuse me, I have to go kick a puppy.

Nodnodnodnodnodnodnodnodnodnod......
SpookyLucaZ
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 12:53:36 pm »

Meh. Just another lump in the sea of shit...
Seems he was mad when his dual wield mavericks didn't go 115'! and rage quit. Nonetheless, his account will be deleted and his post remain.

Moderator/Organizer/Founder of 'Insanity Wolves'
TheGrandKababi
* Game Organizer

The Con-Man

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 01:55:55 pm »

Asshats like that are what always bring me down.

They may be less than one percent of the player population but because they're so loud in their bitching it gets to everyone in the community and puts a big cloud of "that sucked" over how awesome the game actually is. So far, people like this are the only downside I've ever encountered with running a game.

School: University of Victoria

Primary: "The Perforator" Reduced and spring modded Longshot
Sidearm: "Ole Reliable" AR and spring modded Recon
Last Ditch: "Never Reload" Foam KA-BAR
Equipment: Tactical vest with walkie talkie, headset and ammo pouch for 9 spare mags.
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 02:21:30 pm »

Asshats like that are what always bring me down.

They may be less than one percent of the player population but because they're so loud in their bitching it gets to everyone in the community and puts a big cloud of "that sucked" over how awesome the game actually is.

Yeah, we've got a few of those here always annoying the hell out of our mods and airing their whining on FB during the game...

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone

Quote from: Ross_Varn
Rabid squirrels are not an approved special weapon on any campus
TheGrandKababi
* Game Organizer

The Con-Man

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 04:14:10 pm »

Ours usually wait until after the game and pounce on the forum and facebook threads where we ask for feedback on the game. This however is top tier. I commend Necrocracy on the time and effort it took to put together such a long winded complaint, even if it was misguided and not at all direct.

School: University of Victoria

Primary: "The Perforator" Reduced and spring modded Longshot
Sidearm: "Ole Reliable" AR and spring modded Recon
Last Ditch: "Never Reload" Foam KA-BAR
Equipment: Tactical vest with walkie talkie, headset and ammo pouch for 9 spare mags.
Duchess

Commanding Officer of MTES

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 03:26:22 pm »

I remember seeing these videos last week. I was shown them by a friend of mine. As the leader of probably the biggest human squad here at OSU, I felt it was only right that I leave him a polite, yet sternly worded response to his videos.

I spent several hours going over what I wanted to say, and crafted a very professional, mature sounding 1500 word essay rebutting most of his arguments.

The videos were then pulled.

That's a few hours of my life that I am not getting back :p
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.