August 22, 2017, 06:36:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Automatic Blaster Ban  (Read 5579 times)
Dr Remag
* Game Organizer

"A warrior never worries about his fear."

« on: April 11, 2012, 09:57:21 PM »

So, from what I was told our school would allow us to use automatic Blasters, but the admin team doesn't want to allow automatics. I brought up the issue and the reasons given were as follows:

Economic: Becomes a rich persons game
OP: Belief that if allowed they would make human players, in essence, untkillable.
Chaos: Belief that allowing them would cause more chaos then we have already and thus more disputes.

I have tried telling people about Buzz Bee Blasters and NICs where you can get good picked Blasters and that socks are essentially what opens the game for everyone, that automatic doesn't equal invincible, and even tried to show the tenets for Stampedes and Vulcans.

What I have gotten is that they will vote on it, with our current admin/mod team, it will likely be a 3:2 vote against.

Is there anything else I can do to try and get them approved? I even tried showing a buzz bee FA blaster is about the price as a Longstrike or raider and that automatics unmodded has the same ROF as slam fire. I am graduating this year so I will not be able to become a mod or admin.

Perhaps I should just give an admin a Vulcan and see how well he does.

Squad: Spartans[Disbanded]/Game Breakers/Templars of Steel[TBA]
Play Style: Heavy Grenadier/Blaze of Glory
Primary: Big Bertha
Secondary: Socks/Anything LULZY

Things I'd like to point out about myself:
I act my shoe
Spaztikko
* Game Organizer

BANNED

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 11:11:22 PM »

I can personally attest that FA will not bias the game, and honestly, if you want to buy a FA blaster you will, instead of T Shirts or whatever, so a rich mans game isnt a point at all - It is up to the players to choose what they spend their money on.

Raiders fire faster than stampedes and vulcans - my point being that they are not unbalancing, and, Zombies can evolve, and if everybody had the "No FA" attitude we'd still be playing with Longshots and recons.

I used a stampede exclusively for the past six months and I have been nommed many times - it is the skill of the player, not their blasters, that gets them killed.

on chaos - Zeds are still going to be stunned, and people will still be assholes.

ultimately all three reasons cannot be controlled by the admins, and so shouldnt restrict something that has NOTHING they can control.

If you'll excuse me, I have to go kick a puppy.

Nodnodnodnodnodnodnodnodnodnod......
tyfighter23

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 11:42:08 PM »

Chris, I am trying to become an admin/mod for one of the games in the future. So if I do, I will try to get them to allow Automatics. I will call you and Killian up and have them speak with both of you.
Dr Remag
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 12:17:50 AM »

I am thinking on giving will a Vulcan to use and see how long he lasts, then giving him a my Tek-6 to try.

I act my shoe
CountryCuz2011
* Game Organizer

Formerly known as Spartan2011

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 10:21:46 AM »

I am thinking on giving will a Vulcan to use and see how long he lasts, then giving him a my Tek-6 to try.

Hey Dr. Remag, maybe you should invite the admins/mods that are against the use of automatics to a mini game at Longwood with automatics so they could see firsthand that they are just like any other blaster, allbeit more fancier.  Grin

Spring 2014 Loadout:
Primary: Praxis w/RDS, Nerf Raider stock, Halo mounting system
Secondary: Socks
Day-to-Day: Roughcut w/pistol grip, raider stock
Ammo: 40-round drum, extended Vortex clips, extra discs
Equipment: Vortex LBE w/fanny pack, Mechanix gloves, shemagh, sock pouch, dump pouch, my
Dr Remag
* Game Organizer

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 09:28:14 AM »

That is likely my plan.

I act my shoe
barbaraH3462

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 09:28:46 PM »

This one is kinda sad. I hope this would be over soon. My school already become openminded.
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 12:23:01 AM »

Necroed. Locked.

"See you space cowboy..."
Primary: Minimized Demolisher
Backup: Socks/3' Blowgun
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.