April 19, 2014, 06:07:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MVCC HvZ: Urban Escape (Palos Hills, Illinois)  (Read 4068 times)
echoalchemist

« on: April 18, 2012, 03:38:21 am »

Moraine Valley Community College
Humans vs. Zombies

We have a website to explain our game's adaptation for community college.
www.mvcchvz.webs.com

Game: 4/30/12-5/04/12
Missions will occur between 2PM and 7PM typically.

We have no zombie starvation, we utilize kill tokens, and this is our second game ever.

If you have any helpful criticism or advice, I'd certainly love to hear it! Since there are no dorms nearby, we go on the buddy system. If you don't attend moraine, someone you know should be responsible for you. A college OR state ID of any sort are required to register. We don't have digital registration, only in person. If you aren't coming day one (the last day of safety meetings), DEFINITELY let us know.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 03:39:58 am by echoalchemist » Logged
mrawesomeman24
* Game Organizer

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 09:03:43 pm »

I'm curious, how well does no zombie starvation work for you? I know here at SRU we typically use a starvation timer; without it we encounter some issues with balance between zombie and human numbers.

- John Groom, SRU Moderator and Modifications Expert
legoexpo
* Game Organizer

Destroyer of Worlds

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 01:46:35 pm »

i can help answer that mrawesomeman24,

because Purdue does this as well (and CWeed has also talked about this too)

Starvation was originally implemented because games used to not have an end date and it would go simply until all of the humans died or all the zombies starved out. Games now-a-days generally have a very set period of time (usually around 5-7 days of play) and because of this, there is usually a finale. A grand exit where everything goes down and the game ends.

As an admin group, we felt that starvation was either a) punishing players for not being good zombies and taking them out of play because of it, or b) when we initiated auto-feeding, we didn't lose any zombies at all.

it felt out-dated and the last thing we wanted to do was not allow any players to continue playing if they accidentally "starved" so we got rid of it and we feel that it works relatively well.

blendent24

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 05:58:09 am »

Yeah it wouldn't be cool to be a kill joy. Besides it would be more thrilling to have more enemies and more targets (i.e the zombies) so starvation would really make the game dull if no one would be able to take a bite out of the humans
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.