April 24, 2017, 08:58:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggested Improvements to HvZ Source?!  (Read 30525 times)
bookworm

« on: April 22, 2012, 02:02:55 AM »

I'd like to suggest some improvements to the HvZ Source!

1) It's really frustrating to not be informed in any way that someone fed you.  It'd also be nice to know who fed you so that you can team up with them in the future.

2) It'd be nice to have some sort of end of game stats display that would show everyone who survived the apocalypse and the top taggers.

3) Could your personal time till starvation show up somewhere in the user profile bar?  That way you don't have to search for it if the "real" world gets chaotic enough that you lose track of when you fed last or was fed last.

4) It'd also be nice to have the website automatically keep track of who's human and who's a zombie with updated mailing groups so that planning can take place digitally easier.  This could also be done with separate exclusive zombie and human forums built into the website.  That way zombies could inform on where they've been seing humans and humans can post zombie sightings!  This'll make the game much more purposeful rather than random occurrence, especially for big groups where the members don't all know each other.

5) Have more suggestions, or would like to comment on my suggestions? Please do!
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 11:24:53 PM »

Thanks for making the suggestions! I'm going to go through these in line. I'll also forward this thread onto the developers.

1) It's really frustrating to not be informed in any way that someone fed you.  It'd also be nice to know who fed you so that you can team up with them in the future.
This is the first time that someone has brought this to our attention. I'll see if the devs have any good ideas about this. Maybe include the folks that feed from a tag in the news feed?

2) It'd be nice to have some sort of end of game stats display that would show everyone who survived the apocalypse and the top taggers.
Oh just you wait =P. The game shrine is on it's way!

3) Could your personal time till starvation show up somewhere in the user profile bar?  That way you don't have to search for it if the "real" world gets chaotic enough that you lose track of when you fed last or was fed last.
This is indeed a good suggestion. That way the player doesn't have to look in the player list to see when they starve.

4) It'd also be nice to have the website automatically keep track of who's human and who's a zombie with updated mailing groups so that planning can take place digitally easier.  This could also be done with separate exclusive zombie and human forums built into the website.  That way zombies could inform on where they've been seing humans and humans can post zombie sightings!  This'll make the game much more purposeful rather than random occurrence, especially for big groups where the members don't all know each other.
When we bring team chat back, this should alleviate your concern. Zombie players will be able to have a real time chat with other zombie players, and humans with human players.

Game moderators have access to segregated email lists and mass instant messaging as well, but that will not be open to players.

Let me know if you have any more questions and thanks for the feedback!

Loading Please Wait...
Boom

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 11:40:50 PM »

Kind of interesting Idea I recently had, kind of goes with the BEST IDEA EVAR, subject, I know on the HvZ homepage, we have a map of campus that have HvZ, but could it be modified to show which currently have active games?(marker is green?) Just a fun little idea for the future.

torukmakto4: What do you mean I can't use it in a thunderdome? It's a Reflex for pete's sake!
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 10:10:36 PM »

That's a great idea! I wonder how easy that would be to do. We can put that on the back burner Smiley.

Loading Please Wait...
Cweed
* Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 11:23:11 PM »

We have so many ideas for cool visualizations that everyone will love. And at the same time... so many things that are unfortunately more important Sad
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 01:27:14 AM by Sklover » Logged
Tarkanos
* Game Organizer

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 12:10:02 AM »

We have so many ideas for cool visualizations that everyone will love. And at the same time... so many things that are unfortunately more important Sad
Is a team-separated forum planned for Source?
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 11:59:59 AM »

Is a team-separated forum planned for Source?
Not quite in the format of a forum, but we our squads system should be finished by the end of the month. There will be a persistent squad chat.

Loading Please Wait...
Tarkanos
* Game Organizer

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 02:38:02 PM »

Not quite in the format of a forum, but we our squads system should be finished by the end of the month. There will be a persistent squad chat.

"Squad" system? As in, players can set up subgroups for themselves?
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 11:09:45 PM »

"Squad" system? As in, players can set up subgroups for themselves?
Yep! It will be a premium feature to create your own squad, but free to join one.

Loading Please Wait...
blendent24

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 05:17:58 AM »

I think the ideas here are great and even better once implemented! It would be great to have your own squad of bros through the apocalypse seeing how characters in Left For Dead would survive better with the whole team  Grin
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 05:44:51 PM »

Agreed! We have squads done and tested, but we are waiting for a couple other features (awesome game shrine and a new version of chats) to be finished before we release it.

Loading Please Wait...
Tarkanos
* Game Organizer

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 09:39:58 PM »

Yep! It will be a premium feature to create your own squad, but free to join one.
Premium feature?
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 08:15:39 PM »

Yep! It's a part of HvZ Prime. The set of optional features that we will charge for.

Loading Please Wait...
Tarkanos
* Game Organizer

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 08:17:57 AM »

Yep! It's a part of HvZ Prime. The set of optional features that we will charge for.
So when is all this expected to go out?
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 10:22:57 AM »

So when is all this expected to go out?
We'll be releasing squads, game shrine, and chats (re-release) at the same time. We have squads done and need to finish up the game shrine and reprogram chats. Hopefully over the next month. We have a very limited amount of development time (we all have day jobs).

Loading Please Wait...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.