May 26, 2017, 12:51:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggested Improvements to HvZ Source?!  (Read 30826 times)
Rexar5

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 10:21:25 AM »

On that note, what about categories of message?  Like you can send an Alert and mark it with severity.  And the message changes color over time.  From red when first reported, down to green after a bit.  Maybe give members the option to upvote the alert to indicate that they see it too.  So that the timer resets. 
Ross_Varn
* Game Organizer

Page of Bluff

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2013, 10:32:40 AM »

It'd be nice if the chat said when each message was sent. This way, when someone said "watch out, there are some zombies over X" you would know if it's still risky to go over there.

As you see in most IRC channels, something like:

[12:17] Michael Avery: We're still pinned down in East Hall, help!
[12:35] Ross Varn: Last pack left the Caf, get there while you still can

would effectively add a much-needed functionality to the chat box. It's being used to great effect in the game I'm playing right now! This would certainly add a dimension to it', though.

Lindenwood University - St. Charles MO
Loadout: Agile Wit
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2013, 01:46:04 PM »

As you see in most IRC channels, something like:

[12:17] Michael Avery: We're still pinned down in East Hall, help!
[12:35] Ross Varn: Last pack left the Caf, get there while you still can

would effectively add a much-needed functionality to the chat box. It's being used to great effect in the game I'm playing right now! This would certainly add a dimension to it', though.

This shouldn't be too hard to do. We are considering adding it as the alt tag of the name. First we're going to finish stabilizing the system.
Edit: It's been added!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:03:42 AM by Sklover » Logged

Loading Please Wait...
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2013, 12:04:59 AM »

We just added mod messaging email notifications. When a moderator both sends and receives a message. The entire mod squad is sent a notification of the message.

Loading Please Wait...
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2013, 11:10:00 PM »

We're just finishing up some cool new features. You will soon be able to turn on and off feed timers at any point (which also effectively pauses the game). As well as a feed all zombies button.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:37:01 PM by Sklover » Logged

Loading Please Wait...
Ross_Varn
* Game Organizer

Page of Bluff

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2013, 03:09:09 AM »

I assume this function doesn't actually pause the game/stop taking feed codes, considering schools that don't play with timers?

Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2013, 09:09:55 AM »

I assume this function doesn't actually pause the game/stop taking feed codes, considering schools that don't play with timers?

Correct, it does not stop taking feed codes. If a player needs to pause a game, they could toggle this and let their players know that their game is paused. It does however not allow zombies to starve (which functionally will pause the game in case of emergencies). 

Loading Please Wait...
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2013, 08:54:34 PM »

Those new features have now been fully tested and are implemented. Migrating to a new ISP with better support is next.

As far as features and enhancements go, finishing up the API is next on the list.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 09:26:21 PM by Sklover » Logged

Loading Please Wait...
tyler the bere
* Game Organizer

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2013, 05:49:21 PM »

I think would be beneficial is having something to indicate moderator status within the team chats. Something similar to the star that a squad leader has next to their name in the chat.

Tyler "The Bere" Berentsen
Grand Canyon University Moderator
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2013, 10:40:58 PM »

I think would be beneficial is having something to indicate moderator status within the team chats. Something similar to the star that a squad leader has next to their name in the chat.
Solid idea! Thanks.

Loading Please Wait...
renegade
* Game Organizer

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2013, 12:28:21 AM »

What about also adding a brief timestamp to the chat messages?  Some of my players have remedied this by manually typing the time/date that they sent their message.
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2013, 07:07:30 AM »

What about also adding a brief timestamp to the chat messages?  Some of my players have remedied this by manually typing the time/date that they sent their message.
There is a time stamp. Mouseover the player's name in the chat. You'll see it.

Loading Please Wait...
Ross_Varn
* Game Organizer

Page of Bluff

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2013, 05:41:25 PM »

Question about live-times- my record states that I've spent 450 hours alive, while in reality it's been closer to 48 - heck, I haven't even played 450 hours of HVZ on both sides combined. I've noticed this on other accounts as well, it's been around for a while. My tags have been reported promptly by the players who accomplished them. Why is the number so high?

Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2013, 06:24:19 AM »

Question about live-times- my record states that I've spent 450 hours alive, while in reality it's been closer to 48 - heck, I haven't even played 450 hours of HVZ on both sides combined. I've noticed this on other accounts as well, it's been around for a while. My tags have been reported promptly by the players who accomplished them. Why is the number so high?
There's a documented bug that we need to fix. We just have not had time to do so.

Loading Please Wait...
Ross_Varn
* Game Organizer

Page of Bluff

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2013, 04:45:47 PM »

Understood, thanks for the response.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.