September 18, 2014, 03:39:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rise of the Resistance: A collaborative film project across multiple schools  (Read 2552 times)
agentjonnyb
* Game Organizer

« on: April 26, 2012, 01:00:21 pm »

Hello all,

As some of you may know, your trailer that went viral back in 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSNK8gr5GH8) sparked demand from thousands all over youtube for an actual movie, or at least a short film. Since last spring, we began production, but suffered a major downtime in the fall due to my student teaching demands, but we got back in, full throttle this semester and are about 80% finished.

We have taken a very different, somewhat "24ish" approach, starting it off during the final few hours leading up to infection, with the focus mainly on a few federal agents who uncover plot by a lunatic to release the virus into Geneseo, and has also sold it to thousands of other terrorist cells that are targeting many other colleges, universities, communities, and armed forces. This is were you come in - we want to get some footage from other schools to show a little bit of what is happening outside of Geneseo, which in turn, could set those of you who would want to make your own expansion of this right on the path to do so. This storyline is also meant to provide an explanation for how suddenly thousands of students are in possession of up to military grade weaponry (via agency protocol), the bandanna system to mark yourself as exposed/unexposed, and the ultrasonic defense system that can kill zombies entering certain buildings due to their sensitivity to sonic waves out of normal human range. I know this may sound ridiculously demanding, but what I am asking is a very bare minimum, as I am only able to fit in small amounts from only a few schools anyway to keep the pacing at good level.

Things we will need from other schools (the more of the following, the better, but if only one of the following is met, we'll still wanna take it into consideration):
1. *Clips of a terrorist figure (or more than one) on campus, injecting students with the virus
2. *Zombies busting into dorms, lounges etc (have fun, be creative!) and attacking both armed and unarmed students
3. *Federal agents pulling into parking lots and arming students with Nerf weapons in the middle of the insanity (while firing at zombies drawing near)
4. *Miscellaneous sequences of students and/or agents running or moving cautiously in the dark, preferably with flashlights, have some zombies pop out at them.
5. *Clips of students watching, and reacting to the Emergency Transmission that would be interrupting their TV programming (I will notify you guys when we have this shot and ready).
6. **Miscellaneous action sequences - some chases, charges, etc.

*These sequences would ideally be at night, when it's pretty much black out, to keep sync with the rapid infection sequence here.
**During daytime.

Also, we have been filming with a DSLR, and would strongly prefer that footage is shot by a DSLR or something that can produce comparable 1080p footage to help everything to look right together. Got any questions, I'll be happy to help you out!

Ultimately, this project is meant to act as a large cutscene for any school's game of HvZ, giving the implication by the end that most schools' defense systems are active, have initiated a purge (amplified to also kill off 90 or so % of zombies even outdoors), thus placing the zombie count down to a low level (OZ's for the game). I have already talked to people from a couple colleges, and they are quite enthused about this, and I hope to get a few more, it'd be really awesome to do something that shows some unity among schools that play HvZ!

And finally...projected release date...well, it's 2012, I think we can all guess the most appropriate release date for something like this... Wink
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:40:32 pm by agentjonnyb » Logged

Cweed
* Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 02:39:20 pm »

I'm confused about how exactly you plan on connecting this to other schools. I would love to hear you talk more about that.

The idea of a multi-school plot has always fascinated me. I strongly support the idea. My meager attempt a few years ago fell apart pretty quickly and I've always hoped there would be more attempts.
TheGrandKababi
* Game Organizer

The Con-Man

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 02:46:17 pm »

We have a backlog of footage from teasers and in game from various people in our Urban Gaming club. If you get a bit more specific on types of shots you're looking for, I'm sure we can find something to help you out.

School: University of Victoria

Primary: "The Perforator" Reduced and spring modded Longshot
Sidearm: "Ole Reliable" AR and spring modded Recon
Last Ditch: "Never Reload" Foam KA-BAR
Equipment: Tactical vest with walkie talkie, headset and ammo pouch for 9 spare mags.
agentjonnyb
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 10:36:34 pm »

Sorry I didn't provide much detail at first, but their up now on the original post, and if there is anything else, feel free to ask! I really wanna make this a great first-time collaborative effort that shows unity among multiple schools! I also would gladly consider footage that has already been used in past trailers and such, as long as it'll blend well!

TheGrandKababi
* Game Organizer

The Con-Man

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 11:29:25 am »

Looking through your list there might be something we can provide, maybe not in glorious 1080p but who knows. Some of the footage is 3+ years old and 1080p video cameras weren't all that common in campus dorms.

School: University of Victoria

Primary: "The Perforator" Reduced and spring modded Longshot
Sidearm: "Ole Reliable" AR and spring modded Recon
Last Ditch: "Never Reload" Foam KA-BAR
Equipment: Tactical vest with walkie talkie, headset and ammo pouch for 9 spare mags.
agentjonnyb
* Game Organizer

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 12:59:14 pm »

Looking through your list there might be something we can provide, maybe not in glorious 1080p but who knows. Some of the footage is 3+ years old and 1080p video cameras weren't all that common in campus dorms.

I'll take a look if you can send me some, I'm still interested!

Also, I expect to get an "Emergency Transmission" clip out for you guys to work with (reaction shots, etc.) if you so desire!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.