As some of you may know, your trailer that went viral back in 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSNK8gr5GH8
) sparked demand from thousands all over youtube for an actual movie, or at least a short film. Since last spring, we began production, but suffered a major downtime in the fall due to my student teaching demands, but we got back in, full throttle this semester and are about 80% finished.
We have taken a very different, somewhat "24ish" approach, starting it off during the final few hours leading up to infection, with the focus mainly on a few federal agents who uncover plot by a lunatic to release the virus into Geneseo, and has also sold it to thousands of other terrorist cells that are targeting many other colleges, universities, communities, and armed forces. This is were you come in - we want to get some footage from other schools to show a little bit of what is happening outside of Geneseo, which in turn, could set those of you who would want to make your own expansion of this right on the path to do so.
This storyline is also meant to provide an explanation for how suddenly thousands of students are in possession of up to military grade weaponry (via agency protocol), the bandanna system to mark yourself as exposed/unexposed, and the ultrasonic defense system that can kill zombies entering certain buildings due to their sensitivity to sonic waves out of normal human range. I know this may sound ridiculously demanding, but what I am asking is a very bare minimum, as I am only able to fit in small amounts from only a few schools anyway to keep the pacing at good level. Things we will need from other schools (the more of the following, the better, but if only one of the following is met, we'll still wanna take it into consideration):
1. *Clips of a terrorist figure (or more than one) on campus, injecting students with the virus
2. *Zombies busting into dorms, lounges etc (have fun, be creative!) and attacking both armed and unarmed students
3. *Federal agents pulling into parking lots and arming students with Nerf weapons in the middle of the insanity (while firing at zombies drawing near)
4. *Miscellaneous sequences of students and/or agents running or moving cautiously in the dark, preferably with flashlights, have some zombies pop out at them.
5. *Clips of students watching, and reacting to the Emergency Transmission that would be interrupting their TV programming (I will notify you guys when we have this shot and ready).
6. **Miscellaneous action sequences - some chases, charges, etc.
*These sequences would ideally be at night, when it's pretty much black out, to keep sync with the rapid infection sequence here.
Also, we have been filming with a DSLR, and would strongly prefer that footage is shot by a DSLR or something that can produce comparable 1080p footage to help everything to look right together. Got any questions, I'll be happy to help you out!
Ultimately, this project is meant to act as a large cutscene for any school's game of HvZ, giving the implication by the end that most schools' defense systems are active, have initiated a purge (amplified to also kill off 90 or so % of zombies even outdoors), thus placing the zombie count down to a low level (OZ's for the game). I have already talked to people from a couple colleges, and they are quite enthused about this, and I hope to get a few more, it'd be really awesome to do something that shows some unity among schools that play HvZ!And finally...projected release date...well, it's 2012, I think we can all guess the most appropriate release date for something like this...