September 26, 2017, 01:25:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you want to survive the apocalypse?  (Read 7959 times)
thebestcookie

« on: June 02, 2012, 05:31:49 PM »

Title says it all (almost)
In a real zombie apocalypse, how many of you would rather be a zombie? It seems like a stupid question at first, but think about it...
And sorry if this is already here, but I'm not gonna surf through the 8 pages of 'Everything Zombie.'

Quote from: The Lars Larson Show
Hey Jackass! Get your government off my freedom!

i pissed off my home depot style place for an hour bitching about purple pvc.
CountryCuz2011
* Game Organizer

Formerly known as Spartan2011

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 06:22:23 PM »

My question would be if I was really a zombie, would I be smart enough to know that I AM a zombie? But to answer your question, no I wouldn't want to be a zombie; as tallahassee would say, when it's really a zombie apocalypse, it's time to nut up or shut up.

Spring 2014 Loadout:
Primary: Praxis w/RDS, Nerf Raider stock, Halo mounting system
Secondary: Socks
Day-to-Day: Roughcut w/pistol grip, raider stock
Ammo: 40-round drum, extended Vortex clips, extra discs
Equipment: Vortex LBE w/fanny pack, Mechanix gloves, shemagh, sock pouch, dump pouch, my
Sixth Kira

"I'll take this potato chip... and I'll eat it!"

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 10:13:35 AM »

No. Nor would I want to become a zombie, though.

My approach to life is that we're all going to die in the end; when is of no consequence. A zombie apocalypse would also probably completely estrange me from reality. Therefore, my logical choice would be to die, preferably helping my friends escape, before fighting until the end and killing myself at the last moment to prevent myself from turning into a monster (or at least, more than I already am).

Wearer of the great and mighty longcoat. Worship my coat and all it stands for, gentlemen.

"Sir, how many darts does this blaster fire per second?"

"all of them"
Cweed
* Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 10:10:24 AM »

Living in a post apocalyptic world would be horrible. Despite all of the movies we watch about it or all of the literature we read I don't think any of us are capable of truly understanding what it would be like. That life would be a complete departure from anything we know, and in almost every way it would be worse.

So in that sense I think it's almost worse to survive. But I know I wouldn't have it in me to just lay down and die. I'd have to fight - self preservation and all that.
yuiikari

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 02:41:07 PM »

Always fight the good fight, do what I can to save the world.  Even in an I Am Legend scenario (think the Matheson short story, not the Will Smith movie), I would continue to be the monster.  In a zombie scenario, I'd be sure to take down as many of them as possible, in order to help save any other survivors, before hopefully dying from malnutrition, exposure, or some nasty disease.  Fight, fight, against the dying of the light...!

Western Invitational II has ended a success.  Thank you to Ball State, Perdue and the other attendees that helped make it a smashing success.  We'll meet again next year, same Bat-Time, same Bat-Channel.
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 03:50:02 PM »

I'll take any excuse to dress up like 'the courier', or any other wastelanders. I won't lie and say I'm not excited, but it does scare me a bit. Then again tell me you won't chuckle at the idea of never having to work 2 joba to pay for student loans ever again Cheesy

"See you space cowboy..."
Primary: Minimized Demolisher
Backup: Socks/3' Blowgun
Dyslexda
* Game Organizer

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 03:55:52 PM »

Let me be the OZ. Oh, please, let me be the OZ.

Hunting Grounds: Truman State University, Kirksville, MO

The Five Commandments:
1.) Don't Be Stupid
2.) Don't Get It Banned
3.) Don't Be A Dick
4.) Have Fun
5.) Play Like You've Got A Pair
thebestcookie

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 09:31:06 PM »

*Slowly shakes head*
You realize that in your hunger for flesh, the first people you would attack would be your girlfriend, roommates, close friends, etc.? Pretty much all the people that are close to you would be worse than dead, and it'd be your fault.

Unless of course you were kidding...

Quote from: The Lars Larson Show
Hey Jackass! Get your government off my freedom!

i pissed off my home depot style place for an hour bitching about purple pvc.
killian141
* Game Organizer

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 10:49:57 PM »

Just going to say this:

Of course I would want to survive, as a person we want to live, we want to go on. The true question is this after you see your loved ones die infront of your face, or the fact that you would probably be the one to put something through their head. After doing that, would anyone who is sane want to really really want to live on?

I cannot say how each and everyone of us would react to an apocalypse but alot of us, even though we can say we are "mentally" prepared a good amount of us would probably break down after we lose the ones we love so dearly, some will go kill crazy, some will just bottle up inside and blow up later. So yeah When I read this I asked my self this:

Would I want to survive after I lose the ones I loved?

play style: Scout/leader
Signature weapon: Longshot
Secondary: Socks, Maverick
Known for: having a F____ ton of bull s___ luck.
Sixth Kira

"I'll take this potato chip... and I'll eat it!"

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 06:21:13 AM »

Humans are social animals, and that makes us weak. There's no question. When we see our herd members die, we become demoralised. It's a fact of life.

The best I hope for in a zombie apocalypse is to face my death with dignity, to slaughter as many of them as I can to prove that I am superior. I have the compulsive desire to beat everyone at everything, so racking up a huge kill count before going down is me simply exercising that.

I would encourage anyone who feels that they can no longer go on in the apocalypse to do the same, honestly.

Wearer of the great and mighty longcoat. Worship my coat and all it stands for, gentlemen.

"Sir, how many darts does this blaster fire per second?"

"all of them"
Dandelo
* Game Organizer

Known. Some. Call. Is. Air. Am.

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 11:50:40 AM »

Plan:

-Hope to help save what friends and family it is within my immediate power to, triage the ones I can't.
-Take those brave, idealistic, or foolish enough to come with me and secure a strong base of operations outside of a city.
-Whittle down the numbers of the undead for the rest of my days. Utilitarianism for the win.

-If bitten at any point during these steps, take as many out as I possibly can and then take care of myself. The last thing the world needs is a mantis zombie.

Moderator at Truman State
Godservant1

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 05:17:01 PM »

Too late. It was that guy in Florida.
deadcrow

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 07:13:17 AM »

No, I think I'd rather be dead.

Don't get me wrong--I'd give it a good run.  I'm former military with a lot of specialized training, and am more than capable of surviving--but I think in the long run the sheer horribleness would out-weigh my love of life.

The normal stuff would suck--no amenities, no access to good medical, crappy food, etc.  But it's the psychological stuff that would ultimately get me.  You could never really trust other survivors, you'd constantly be besieged by decaying, horrific people...

I think, in the end, I'd probably just punch out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.