September 30, 2014, 11:50:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban Glitch?  (Read 6632 times)
Sixth Kira

"I'll take this potato chip... and I'll eat it!"

« on: July 07, 2012, 12:03:13 am »

Something very weird has been happening to me for about two weeks now.

One day, on the bus, I figured that I might as well check the forums on my phone. However, I was very alarmed to learn that I'd been banned for no apparent reason. I became rather distressed (there was no indication of why, or when I'd be un-banned, since I couldn't read the forums on my phone), but eventually decided that there was nothing I could do and dismissed the thought. Up until a few days ago, when I tried to log on on my computer and I was able to post like nothing had happened. Then I looked again on my phone, and it still said that I was banned.

I'm rather confused as to what's going on. Is this some kind of glitch and I've never been banned? Have I done something wrong and been banned (if so, I'm terribly sorry!), and for some reason, my computer's fine?

Advice from anyone who knows would be appreciated. And if I have been banned, I'm terribly sorry for what I did and have no intention of ever bothering any of you guys again.

Wearer of the great and mighty longcoat. Worship my coat and all it stands for, gentlemen.

"Sir, how many darts does this blaster fire per second?"

"all of them"
SpookyLucaZ
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 12:13:05 am »

This is probably due to a ban on the IP address of the internet server you were on. Most ad bots have the ability to change there server at will which is quite annoying. Let me see if I can fix this for you...

Moderator/Organizer/Founder of 'Insanity Wolves'
Sixth Kira

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 12:14:13 am »

Wait, so am I about to get banned again? If so, before it occurs, may I know the post which has caused this to occur? I always seek to fix my mistakes, even if I never get to post here again.

Wearer of the great and mighty longcoat. Worship my coat and all it stands for, gentlemen.

"all of them"
SpookyLucaZ
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 12:27:51 am »

You were never intentionally banned in the first place, but the adbots IP address that used your buses. But all precautions to ensure it never happens to anyone who doesn't deserve it, I'll post my email up here:
[email protected]

Sixth Kira

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 12:28:47 am »

Thanks for the help! I'll put it in my contacts in case I ever accidentally get banned again.

"all of them"
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 11:09:59 am »

Thanks for taking care of that Spooky Smiley.

Loading Please Wait...
Sixth Kira

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 04:28:17 am »

Hmmm... well, my phone is banned again Huh

Anyone know what's going on?

"all of them"
SpookyLucaZ
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 05:28:00 am »

I'm looking through the list of IP addresses you've used for messaging and all I have to say is...damn.
You have a whole list and I can't seem to find the banned one. Could you try and use your phone on a proxy off of your homes WIFI?

Sixth Kira

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 07:09:43 am »

Nope. I don't mess around with my house's Wi-Fi. It's so poorly set up that one changed setting could put me offline for weeks. At any rate, I usually use my phone on 3G. Might that be the issue?

"all of them"
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 08:32:03 am »

On your phone, can you go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ and PM both Spooky and I your WAN IP? I hope that we can get to the bottom of this one.

Loading Please Wait...
Sixth Kira

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 09:32:51 pm »

Well, I'm now banned on my regular computer, too (borrowed someone else's, works fine). What's going on...? I suspect that it may have something to do with my regular computer being school-issued, though, and therefore having an inbuilt proxy.

Anyway, I'll check my phone's IP.

"all of them"
SpookyLucaZ
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 09:38:26 pm »

Well, I'm now banned on my regular computer, too (borrowed someone else's, works fine). What's going on...? I suspect that it may have something to do with my regular computer being school-issued, though, and therefore having an inbuilt proxy.

Anyway, I'll check my phone's IP.
Could you happen to take a screenshot of what it says? Maybe it is the inbuilt proxy, maybe its one of the IP's being banned due to an adbot claiming it. We will find the bottom of this problem...

Sixth Kira

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 09:50:33 pm »

It simply gives me the message 'Sorry Sixth Kira, you are banned from using this forum!' and I can't view any of the forums. It's not exactly specific. More relevantly, I've still got the login bar above, so it must be an IP ban...

"all of them"
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 11:29:03 am »

I couldn't find an IP ban in your IP range. The ban might exist with your host name. Would you be able to send me and spooky your public hostnames for all devices that are banned. You can find it by going to this site: http://snoopmyip.com/.

Sorry again about all of this.

Loading Please Wait...
Sixth Kira

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 02:20:02 am »

Hmmmm... well, problem fixed on my computer, but my phone's still banned. Shall we just call it a day? I would appear to be wasting a lot of your guys' time, and as long as I'm able to use my school computer for checking the HvZ forums, I have no issue.

"all of them"
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.