December 18, 2014, 05:38:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Call for PHOTOS & VIDEOS from YOUR SCHOOL for Rise of the Resistance!  (Read 8206 times)
agentjonnyb
* Game Organizer

« on: September 23, 2012, 02:02:43 PM »

Major update 3/14: I am now looking for photos not only from my school (Geneseo), but also other schools as well, as this is a collaborative, unifying project. Photos will be used in the opening montage sequences in each episode - I have finally found a suitable epic music track for these openers. It has somewhat a similar feel to The Walking Dead in terms of tone, yet different in other ways, almost as if a bit of 24 had been thrown into the mix - which is perfect.

Also, be sure to check out our new trailer here (released 12/21/12): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsqrunqJ720

Old post info:

We would LOVE to get footage of your school's HvZ group in action to give a better sense that this isn't just happening at Geneseo - it's everywhere!! I have had a couple schools contact me about this, but I want more, as some may or may not be able to get footage due to obvious difficulties we can all understand. We want this to be a unifying project among multiple schools, as well as a stage-setter for any potential projects if anyone wishes to use what we have as the jump-starter for their story! There is a strong likelihood I will be filming some follow-ups at one or more schools in my area over the next couple years when this first set of episodes is over, and I have some really cool unifying ideas in store for it!

Basically, a psychotic terrorist character has sold the virus to hundreds of terrorist cells, and many are releasing it the same night at other schools/communities/etc. and federal agents break protocol in desperate efforts to save the students and faculty - placing extra weapons from their massive armory into untrained hands, and initiating the bandanna system, as "these zombies are not like Hollywood - they look just as human as they did before - it is the most effective way to tell them apart! IF you are bitten, move the bandanna to your head immediately before the virus takes effect!" - by this we are providing some story-based reasons for some of the main rules of HvZ. See Emergency Transmission: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMTHjV-Wlg

What do we want from you?
  • High-intensity combat shots - day and/or night
  • Sequences with Federal Agent / Authority figures who arm some students at your school (maybe pulling into parking lots, tossing weapons to students running to them in panic), help them hold out against an oncoming horde, leading them through some quads on your campus, etc.
  • Zombies bursting into dorms and attacking students

If you have any ideas, please feel free to share, we are very open!

Also, for the Music Video, I aim to pull together all the most intense, well-shot/choreographed action shots from Geneseo, as well as any from other schools that submit footage to me for an HvZ "Battle Royale" music video to be released hopefully VERY shortly after these three episodes - so again - if you can get some really cool stuff, even if it's already been used in the past on youtube, I'd consider it an honor to feature it in this!

Any other questions, please feel free to ask!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 11:24:00 PM by agentjonnyb » Logged

agentjonnyb
* Game Organizer

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 12:11:11 AM »

UPDATE 12/10/12: Filming is FINISHED!! However, it has been finished much later than expected, and editing, even though it started during production, is still greatly behind. We can continue receiving footage from other schools to add to the third episode (see OP for details).

Dyslexda
* Game Organizer

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 12:28:47 AM »

Your videos are way beyond the videographical ability of anything at Truman, so I'll have to remain content just watching. However, your Episode One gave me a great idea for plot next semester...

Hunting Grounds: Truman State University, Kirksville, MO

The Five Commandments:
1.) Don't Be Stupid
2.) Don't Get It Banned
3.) Don't Be A Dick
4.) Have Fun
5.) Play Like You've Got A Pair
agentjonnyb
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 12:44:17 AM »

Your videos are way beyond the videographical ability of anything at Truman, so I'll have to remain content just watching. However, your Episode One gave me a great idea for plot next semester...

I take it you mean the trailer? Cuz I still haven't been able to release Episode 1 of this new project, nor a trailer showcasing footage for it, but a teaser should (theoretically) be up late this week...I hope...

But even if you do feel that your HvZ group may be unable to shoot something impressive in terms of hardcore cinematics, we're looking now at even basic things, such as clips of leader figures giving orders, maybe looking over campus maps, training students to shoot, etc. - small, simple things like this will contribute greatly, as they would be presented during a voiceover explaining that this is not the end of mankind, but the beginning of the rise of the resistance. We've actually even included a tad bit of humor in the training sequence, though it may be presented mid or end credits as it may not fit well with the epic feel we wish to present during the voiceover (in this case a student looking down the barrel of his blaster when it jams, and getting slapped by an agent)...simple, but fun stuff. Smiley

Dyslexda
* Game Organizer

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 12:50:06 AM »

Ah, yes, the Emergency Transmission, not Episode One. Surely I don't have secret access to your editing bay...

Unfortunately, with this being finals week, there's no chance to get something like that put together. The best we could do would be some semi-dramatic pictures from past games. If you're still looking for submissions come Spring, though, we might be able to get something.

Hunting Grounds: Truman State University, Kirksville, MO

The Five Commandments:
1.) Don't Be Stupid
2.) Don't Get It Banned
3.) Don't Be A Dick
4.) Have Fun
5.) Play Like You've Got A Pair
agentjonnyb
* Game Organizer

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 12:55:19 AM »

Ugh yeah...finals...ruin our lives every semester. Anyway, it is likely I'll still be able to take submissions by the time you're all back in school. Not only do I have a few full scenes yet to be cut together, but lots of muzzle flashes, gun sound effects, and other effects yet to apply. It's gonna be a while. My guess is an early February release at the very earliest for Part 1, meaning another few weeks for Part 3 - definitely got time!

zoomer246
* Game Organizer

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 01:18:21 PM »

Nova will gladly get some footage together for you guys
solmssteinke

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 01:50:02 PM »

Awesome! Thanks for the help...I really enjoyed working on the project with agentjonnyb.

Title: Redemptor or "Hawk"
School: SUNY Geneseo

Primary: Nerf longshot modified with replacement springs and removed air restrictor
Secondary: Nerf sword, double-bladed
agentjonnyb
* Game Organizer

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 01:05:20 AM »

Nova will gladly get some footage together for you guys
Thank you so much! I just discovered that the Facebook page for this project can recieve messages, and people are now using that to contact us about it - here's the page link:
http://www.facebook.com/AgentJonnyBFilms

CamKrist

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 07:41:02 AM »

Similar matter has already been discussed at yahoo answers. I can post the link if needed
agentjonnyb
* Game Organizer

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 09:50:25 PM »

Similar matter has already been discussed at yahoo answers. I can post the link if needed

I'd be very interested to see it, can you post the link, please?

agentjonnyb
* Game Organizer

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 10:59:49 PM »

Major update 3/14: I am now looking for photos not only from my school (Geneseo), but also other schools as well, as this is a collaborative, unifying project. Photos will be used in the opening montage sequences in each episode - I have finally found a suitable epic music track for these openers. It has somewhat a similar feel to The Walking Dead in terms of tone, yet different in other ways, almost as if a bit of 24 had been thrown into the mix - which is perfect.

Also, be sure to check out our new trailer here (released 12/21/12): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsqrunqJ720
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 11:23:30 PM by agentjonnyb » Logged

agentjonnyb
* Game Organizer

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 10:54:25 AM »

UPDATE 10/1:

Though the vast majority of editing is done, and now sound mastering is the final step, we are still OPEN to more pics/video clips from other schools!
Pictures are being used in 40-second opening montages, much like The Walking Dead.
Video clips we want to continue to feature from other schools in our future installments. Episode 3 is the first to do this, and Episode 4 will continue that (ep4 also happens to take place outside of Geneseo, primarily at Monroe Community College).

We are really pumped to roll the first 3 episodes out soon, and can't wait to get more schools involved!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.