October 24, 2014, 03:00:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Zombiefest Invitational Game  (Read 10253 times)
RevivalofHonor
* Game Organizer

Never Leave a Man Behind

« on: September 26, 2012, 05:29:48 PM »

In 2013, GreyWind Events, in coordination with the Texas Tech Zombie Raiders, is looking into hosting a weekend long game of HvZ somewhere in the state of Texas.

As of such we are starting to see how much interest we would have for this type event.  The game itself will be free, however to stay on site over night you will need to pay a set fee that will be determined based on the negotiation with the location we choose. We are working to get this fee down to under $30 for the whole weekend.

Currently talks are under way with several locations, the most likely currently being located on Lake Brownwood (roughly a 4 hour drive from Dallas, Austin and Lubbock, and a 5.5 Hour drive from Houston).

The game itself would start Friday evening and run till Sunday Afternoon. On top of the game, we are hoping to have some live music and several other events that will encourage our players to get to know each other each night. These will be "safe" times that allow players to get food and relax before the game continues on.

The game will be open to any college student over the age of 18. If you are not a college student and are interested in playing however, we will have some arrangements made to make exceptions.

Additional details are being worked on, but what do you guys think? Thoughts?

Cheers!
~Alex
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:21:38 PM by RevivalofHonor » Logged
ilikefish58

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 06:57:15 PM »

I'll notify TAMU

Trying to keep the Blogspot updated in 2013.

Everybody poops
RevivalofHonor
* Game Organizer

Never Leave a Man Behind

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 07:21:24 PM »

Thanks! I've created a group for folks interested in more information as the planning process progresses.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/123943877753537/]

Runhearn

Guns up!

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 12:23:14 AM »

Bump? Bump.

"Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest man in space. Essentially he theorizes that if we launch a nuke now into space with no particular direction it WILL eventually ruin someones day. Maybe not today, tomorrow, or in a million days, but eventually it will, and not just a huge rock's day either."
-???
Savy

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 02:37:11 AM »

Sounds fun, count me in
Ozymandias
* Forum Moderator

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 07:47:33 PM »

I just got laid off from my weekend job, so depending on where I work next I might be able to make this.

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
Akito237

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 09:32:09 PM »

Cool, Ozy! If you do come, give a holler. I'm definitely going, and it would be cool to meet you in person.

Member of the 1/44th Light Recon Force, "Wolfpack"
Codename Ghost
Primary: Alpha Trooper/Praxis
Secondary: Socks
"If the dogs are barking at your heels, you know you're leading the pack."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.