December 22, 2014, 11:32:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sacramento HvZ  (Read 6294 times)
jacob19
* Game Organizer

« on: May 24, 2009, 12:09:53 AM »

I've started a HvZ at my school (i say Sacramento because the main schools who will be participating are my old high school and my new high school). And i foresee future trouble with the networking based on the fact that one school is in Natomas, and the other one is in South Sac, essentially REEEAAAALLYYYY far away. I am trying to get all of Sac into it though....i am very ambitious.

Does any one have any tips on how to make this any better? In fact, is hosting a game at two high schools even a good idea?
Shane

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 12:46:40 AM »

Having two games run at once could allow for some rather interesting things to happen with missions or plot, but I feel as though it would prove to be a rather large task for one person to complete.  How many people do you have helping you at each school?  With enough people it seems doable, but I'd still be wary of running two schools at once for your first game.
jacob19
* Game Organizer

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 11:50:20 AM »

Both schools are small schools with about 400 kids total in each.
I know missions are most likely going to be a pain in the butt for the first few games so I probably won't introduce them until every one has a firm grasp on how to play. When I do start them do you have anysugestions on what to avoid or focus on?
jacob19
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 10:39:25 AM »

So this idea has basically turned into a disaster. Ive been advertising for about two months and have a total of 8 ppl (thats including me) who have signed up. I'm probably going to call it quits for summer unless i can find a way to get at least 50 (perferably 100) people to sign up soon.

HELP!!!
Cmdrmack

The Kilted Nerfer

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 12:44:25 PM »

Dude, that sucks.

This late in the game, I'h recommend shelving it until next fall. Take the time in between now and then to recruit moderators, preferably people in other organizations in which you may not be involved. Band and theater kids came out in droves to our game, as did ROTC people. They'll help you recruit from those other groups.

Also, use the Goucher documentary to generate interest. It's a very well done video with a lot of cool stuff.
jacob19
* Game Organizer

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 03:41:31 PM »

Ok, that seems like a good idea for now. I'm guna use this time to prepare a super advertising campaign Cheesy.
jacob19
* Game Organizer

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 01:30:03 PM »

So i can tell i kinds screwed this up by trying it on the whole city first.

Heres my plan:
When i get back to school I'll make an HvZ network club.
What that'll do is make it easier for me to advertise and recruit new members. I can also use the club to update current HvZ games (missions, deaths, kills, et).
So far the only problem I see is the school administrators denying the club because students might think HvZ is associated with the school and if they get hurt then parents would sue the school.
That's the argument he used when i tried to put up posters around the school.

I need ways to convince my admin to approve the group.
Zorg
* Game Organizer

Myles O'Neill - President of HvZ@ANU

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 04:15:18 AM »

I suggest getting all players to sign disclaimer forms and making sure the school understands that all injuries etc. are the responsibility of your organisation.
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 05:43:03 PM »

Good point!  You can find examples of such forms here!
http://hvzsource.com/forms/

Loading Please Wait...
destr0

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 05:42:09 PM »

Finally! A game in Sacramento, Ca. Too bad it's a High school game >_<
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.