July 28, 2014, 12:23:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Women's Clothing  (Read 3207 times)
thediagonallie

« on: October 30, 2012, 02:03:48 am »

So I just finished up my very first ever game of HVZ and I noticed something

I have 3 categories of clothing in my closet

A. Clothing with pockets
B. Clothing that I can run around in without worrying about falling down/readjusting
C. Clothing that's flattering on me

And these categories really don't overlap.

Any other ladies having problems finding functional enough clothing for the game? Any tips and tricks?
What do you like to wear when you play?
Dandelo
* Game Organizer

Known. Some. Call. Is. Air. Am.

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 03:24:24 am »

One of my best friends plays the game pretty seriously. She wears cargo-style shorts and usually some kind of hoodie with good pockets for socks (she's exclusively a sock user, so spacious, open pockets are essential). The long and short of it is that you're not going to find many functional AND flattering HvZ clothes.

Moderator at Truman State
Dyslexda
* Game Organizer

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 03:31:51 am »

Was about to write this off as another spam topic until I saw Dandelo replied...

But yeah, good luck finding something flattering that's functional. HvZ isn't about looking good, it's about finding what works (well, unless your goal is to look dapper; I've worn a suit before). Cargo shorts/pants are always a great choice for either gender, and some form of sweatshirt or jacket with pockets is great for the torso.

Hunting Grounds: Truman State University, Kirksville, MO

The Five Commandments:
1.) Don't Be Stupid
2.) Don't Get It Banned
3.) Don't Be A Dick
4.) Have Fun
5.) Play Like You've Got A Pair
Rozen

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 03:57:23 am »

But yeah, good luck finding something flattering that's functional. HvZ isn't about looking good, it's about finding what works (well, unless your goal is to look dapper; I've worn a suit before).

I'd argue costuming is a large part of HvZ for a lot of players actually and is part of what makes the game a lot of fun.

OP: Have you looked into shoulder holster type bags and, well, holsters? Etsy sells a lot of stuff that couple be purposes for HvZ.

http://www.etsy.com/search?includes%5B%5D=tags&q=shoulder+holster
JPRoth1980

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 06:40:46 am »

Honestly, clothing is one of those touchy subjects.  I went through the last HvZ game I participated in in black suit, black tie, black sunglasses, and fedora, which for an early autumn game in College Station, was ridiculously hot, but hey, you want to look good.

If I were to try to dress a woman for the game (not dress AS a woman, mind you), here's what I would keep in mind:

1:  Shoes.  After half a day running around in loafers, my feet were aching.  Heels would be even worse.  I'd try to put together an outfit that worked with athletic shoes and if that didn't work, then flats would be the only other option.

2:  Pants over skirts.  That's more of a modesty thing, to be honest, but I certainly wouldn't go with a tight mini or anything like that.  You want to be able to move your legs.

3:  Support, support, support.  You're going to be running, and things are going to be moving of their own accord.  A sports bra is a damned good investment.  Of course, that precludes certain types of tops, but it's entirely possible to wear something flattering without it having a plunging neckline.

4:  Belts!  This is where you're going to make up for the lack of pockets (unless you opt for cargo shorts and a early-aughts "skater girl" look.  Throw in a pouch to hold clips and another for socks and you're pretty much golden and able to wear any "sensible" outfit you'd like.

I was going to make a crack about Juliet Starling cosplay here, but actually a cheer uni isn't a bad idea.  It's designed to allow movement, it's flattering (to put it mildly) and with the addition of a hip belt, it can hold your gear.  Plus you get to wear trainers.
RandomShadow09

The Nerfer formerly known as SpectreX

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 01:16:21 pm »

Here's a pic from the most recent RIT invitational.  The reason I post it, is because this nice young woman was one of the 5 survivors at the end of the day, so what she was rolling must have done the trick for good HvZ wear:

Looks like some type of Army style jacket over a t-shirt and athletic/running leggings.  Jacket pockets stuffed with socks and whatever else she needed.  I wouldn't have thought one could win with a FuryFire if I hadn't seen it go down with my own eyes.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:49:41 pm by RandomShadow09 » Logged

Katyusha

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 02:14:07 pm »

Also, the Nerf tactical vests are pretty much unwearable for girls.  My regular nerf group includes several girls and none of them can get the vests to fit properly.  They simply aren't designed for female chests.

"Sir, how many darts does this blaster fire per second?"

"all of them"
Bobololo

I Will End You

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 05:12:59 pm »

Also, the Nerf tactical vests are pretty much unwearable for girls.  My regular nerf group includes several girls and none of them can get the vests to fit properly.  They simply aren't designed for female chests.
Not true. There are vests that have different sizes for all body types. There are girls who run with Tac-vests and do just fine. There are some vests that go great with almost anything 'girly'. You can spray paint on them for added flare.

To the OP: If you have a belt, you can wear any outfit and use an ALICE to MOLLE adapter to hang bags, satchels, whatever from your belt while still looking fabulous. All you have to do is sew them to whatever you want to use and add a little superglue/gorilla glue for extra strength.

The YouTube Channel
Quote from: Daniel Beaver
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
Long live the Horsemen and hail Satan.
Katyusha

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 10:32:37 pm »

Not true. There are vests that have different sizes for all body types. There are girls who run with Tac-vests and do just fine. There are some vests that go great with almost anything 'girly'. You can spray paint on them for added flare.

I'm not saying that there are no tac vests for girls.  I'm saying the Nerf-brand ones in particular, which are probably going to be the first vest a new HvZer will think of, do not fit girls.

"all of them"
Raist
* Game Organizer

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 09:58:02 am »

I would clarify that the Nerf Elite TacVest MAY fit a lady, depending on her chest size.

My girlfriend usually just wears a hoodie and cargo pants. Granted, she usually gets tagged early on in the game, but it's not because of what she's wearing.

Loc: Northland College
Roles: Player/Organizer/Moderator
Pri: Stampede, 15V Rechargeable
Sec: Recon with Barrel Extension
Exo

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 12:34:23 pm »

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and state that belts are wonderful things, and SHOULD help the first two areas overlap. As for flattering, HvZ isn't a game where you have to be trying to pick up guys. If you just show up, most nerd guys would be all "OMGIZZLE! A GIRL!". Pockets are particularly useful, but if you or a friend/mother/friend's mother is good with a needle and thread, you can always make pockets. Then you could wear whatever, and add some shoulderbag-esque pockets. Bobololo has a video about ammo bags that he bought as gasmask bags, and cut the top off of. The nerf bandolier kit can hold 6 mags, and you can also attach those ammo bags they make to them. They also hold 12 darts in the small loops, and will hold a blaster. I remember seeing a blowgun with a bandolier as a carry strap attached to it. You may want to also ask for some Deploy carry straps, they're much too small for most guys, but you may be able to make them work. Be warned, the Nerf bando is really freaking long, even for a dude. It is impossible to carry a blaster across my back like on the box, and I'm 6' on a good day.
El4lobo

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 01:46:22 pm »

Be warned, the Nerf bando is really freaking long, even for a dude. It is impossible to carry a blaster across my back like on the box, and I'm 6' on a good day.
The new elite bandolier only has the capacity to hold 4 mags, and I believe it is about a foot shorter as a result. Much easier to use than the original N-Strike bando
Mr. Three
* Game Organizer

13+ Game Veteran

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 05:37:06 pm »

HvZ isn't a game where you have to be trying to pick up guys. If you just show up, most nerd guys would be all "OMGIZZLE! A GIRL!".

Women don't dress up for men, they dress up for other women. And Zombies.
On-topic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tactical-Corsets/75721587713
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 05:41:05 pm by Mr. Three » Logged

Berea College, KY
Proud member of Z Squad
Quote from: Dyslexda
Water on darts? Certainly would be banned
But now I'm mad that I got trolled so I'm going to ban you anyway.
Kingboy

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 10:39:31 pm »

Ugh, not those hideous Tactical Corsets...impractical and ugly, an opinion that has been shared by every geeky woman I have ever asked to share their thoughts on the matter.

It's a cylinder, not a turret.
Katyusha

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 12:46:47 am »

One of my airsofter friends actually has something like that.  I haven't seen her use it, but she says it actually works really well and is a lot less bulky than most tactical vests.  Although honestly most tac vests are pretty overkill for HvZ anyway, and I'd imagine a tactical corset would probably be pretty expensive.

"all of them"
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.