September 25, 2017, 06:13:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 73
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nerf New Blaster Thread, 2013 edition  (Read 312975 times)
torukmakto4

DANGER - Stored Energy

« on: November 16, 2012, 10:47:24 PM »

See title!

This is the long overdue replacement for The Nerf 2012 New Blaster Thread, in keeping with the times. On RandomShadow09's suggestion (which wasn't the first one), I have finally bit the dart and done it before the next huge storm of hype.

For newcomers: This is the catch-all for speculation and info on upcoming nerf products. Any news on anything Hasbro/Nerf (and possibly competitors as well) that can stun a zombie in the game of HVZ with a projectile belongs here! For everyone else: Please help with organization and move to this one now that it exists. The old one is about due for a database nom anyway if anyone remembers what happened right before I restarted it.

So, for N-Strike Elite, the buzz right now on the latest wave of stuff...
Ruff/Rough Cut 2x4
Stryfe
Triad
Jolt
Stockade (US release)
Strongarm
Reflex
Firestrike
Incinerator
NSE glow streamline
NSE Firefly Mag
Rayven

New Dart Tag...
Snapfire 8 (US release)

Vortex...
Diatron!

Sounds like a hell of a year and a half or thereabouts to be a human!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 04:09:16 PM by Jesse Abram » Logged

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st

You are now entering The Dart Zone
Exo

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 02:54:57 AM »

It seems the only two we don't know anything about would be the Diatron or the Incinerator.
Jkfyeung

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 04:24:37 AM »

I was browsing a UK nerf blog and came across this price list, courtesy of the Nerfologist asking AB Gee: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pYCSOEEmFlY/UJP21o2VMMI/AAAAAAAAAQI/Ak7jzWzYzLc/s1600/AB+Gee+Pricelist.JPG

While translating those UK prices to USD for us in the states would be higher, historical prices have shown that they will stay around the same and not consider currency exchange rates.
Exo

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 10:49:48 PM »

I hope the Diatron comes in the white/red color scheme. A Proton in that color would also be nice.
Katana

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 07:29:28 AM »

Elite triad- http://urbantaggers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/baidu-elite-triad-internals.html
From the looks of it, the restrictors might be closed by default, and opened by a dart pushing down on those pegs. That way you'd only lose air out of the barrels that you load? I doubt there would be any conventional air restrictors- you're firing 3 darts from a nitefinder-ish plunger tube.
torukmakto4

DANGER - Stored Energy

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 09:56:13 AM »

Notice that rectangular port in one of the AR valve bodies? Well, the port in the frame where the PT is seems to have a rubber gasket. I'm guessing those mate. Assuming the ARs were properly designed and made to some serious tolerances, they could act as a slide valve and direct the air to each barrel in sequence through ports in the valve block. The act of opening the AR with a dart would both expose the barrel to the incoming air and seal off the next valve in the chain, and once the dart was fired and the AR closed, the reverse would be true.

The gasket also means the entire huge case at the rear end of the thing is not dead volume.

Just a theory.

CT-2406

SubjectOmega

T.W.O. Undead Threat Elimination Division

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 11:48:47 AM »

-snip-

Note that whoever this is had to pry/cut off the back plate in order to get at the internals. I may be a little cynical, and I know its really too early to know for sure, but I'm already leaning towards filing this blaster under the "more trouble than it's worth" category.

SL: please don't quote huge pictures. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:27:04 PM by SpookyLucaZ » Logged

"Am I tacticool yet?"
torukmakto4

DANGER - Stored Energy

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 01:08:35 PM »

Well, I think it's clear at this point that the ARs are not just serving their usual plunger buffering/safety function, but are what makes this thing work as a repeater. In that sense, I see your point, but then again the gun has a NSE logo (NOT just N-strike) which almost certainly means it has to comply with the specs. So, it will shoot well enough stock, and perhaps (from experience with Retal/Rampage ARs) a spring swap will get it up to par without problems.

CT-2406

SubjectOmega

T.W.O. Undead Threat Elimination Division

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 01:32:30 PM »

Well, I think it's clear at this point that the ARs are not just serving their usual plunger buffering/safety function, but are what makes this thing work as a repeater. In that sense, I see your point, but then again the gun has a NSE logo (NOT just N-strike) which almost certainly means it has to comply with the specs. So, it will shoot well enough stock, and perhaps (from experience with Retal/Rampage ARs) a spring swap will get it up to par without problems.

Fair point. For me, the fun/experience I will have actually modifying a blaster is a serious consideration before I buy it; that said, if its got a high enough stock utility, it's lack of modding potential may be more of a rose than a thorn in this case.

"Am I tacticool yet?"
RandomShadow09

The Nerfer formerly known as SpectreX

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 05:32:59 PM »

Well, the port in the frame where the PT is seems to have a rubber gasket. I'm guessing those mate. Assuming the ARs were properly designed and made to some serious tolerances, they could act as a slide valve and direct the air to each barrel in sequence through ports in the valve block. The act of opening the AR with a dart would both expose the barrel to the incoming air and seal off the next valve in the chain, and once the dart was fired and the AR closed, the reverse would be true.

The gasket also means the entire huge case at the rear end of the thing is not dead volume.

Just a theory.

Good theory, because that is exactly how it works.

torukmakto4

DANGER - Stored Energy

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 08:48:32 PM »

Good theory, because that is exactly how it works.

What, you don't... HAVE one? Do you?

CT-2406

Exo

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 08:54:47 PM »

No, it's kinda like evolution: No one can come up with a believable alternative, so it must be true.
Jkfyeung

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 10:04:28 PM »

Notice that rectangular port in one of the AR valve bodies? Well, the port in the frame where the PT is seems to have a rubber gasket. I'm guessing those mate. Assuming the ARs were properly designed and made to some serious tolerances, they could act as a slide valve and direct the air to each barrel in sequence through ports in the valve block. The act of opening the AR with a dart would both expose the barrel to the incoming air and seal off the next valve in the chain, and once the dart was fired and the AR closed, the reverse would be true.

Just a theory.

Do you think this theory can be extended to the Ruff Cut?

SL: please don't quote huge pictures. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:26:37 PM by SpookyLucaZ » Logged
torukmakto4

DANGER - Stored Energy

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 10:36:03 PM »

Do you think this theory can be extended to the Ruff Cut?

Yes.

On this subject, I think the Triad is an upcoming hell of a thing for this game. 3 shots as fast as you can prime, in the form factor of a slightly tumorous Jolt, with muzzle loading and no major moving parts other than the plunger, with... Elite punch, out of the box?

CT-2406

RandomShadow09

The Nerfer formerly known as SpectreX

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 02:03:36 AM »

No, it's kinda like evolution: No one can come up with a believable alternative, so it must be true.

Fair enough, because I couldn't actually have one to know how it works.  Yeah no, that would just be crazy, right?   Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 73
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.