December 20, 2014, 10:34:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 73
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nerf New Blaster Thread, 2013 edition  (Read 147479 times)
SubjectOmega

T.W.O. Undead Threat Elimination Division

« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2012, 11:04:54 PM »

Remember what I said about the mom and pop stores?  Nevermind.

How about Toys 'R Us?  Thanks to BasicNerf (our very own Vigilante) for relaying the info!

it's summer 2012 again... my time machine worked!

Why do they bother with official release dates, exactly?

"Am I tacticool yet?"
Bobololo

I Will End You

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2012, 11:15:49 PM »

it's summer 2012 again... my time machine worked!

Why do they bother with official release dates, exactly?
It's probably the stores doing. I guess I shall be asking the TRUs around me if they have anything in the back. Might have call in my friends Lincoln and Hamilton to help me persuade the employee Tongue

The YouTube Channel
Quote from: Daniel Beaver
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
Long live the Horsemen and hail Satan.
Vigilante
* Game Organizer

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2012, 11:38:59 PM »

Remember what I said about the mom and pop stores?  Nevermind.

How about Toys 'R Us?  Thanks to BasicNerf (our very own Vigilante) for relaying the info!
Hey thanks for the link share man.
I sent a friend of mine to scout a Toys R Us here in Southern California, and he spotted a bunch on shelves for the reported price, $24.99.

chrisstryfe1 by lebron_basketball, on Flickr

He's working on unboxing photos tonight.

EDIT: He's got some unboxed shots of it, and theres higher quality shots from the guys who first spotted it at Toys R us. He throws on some accessories to show us what it looks like.

http://basicnerf.wordpress.com/2012/11/25/nerf-n-strike-elite-stryfe-hits-southern-california-unboxing-photos-within/
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 12:31:34 AM by Vigilante » Logged

Camarillo, CA Summer 2011 Last Ten Survivor Group, Medal of Honor Winner, Runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Summer 2012 Last Five Survivor Group, 2nd runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Winter 2012 Games Organizer
Camarillo, CA Summer 2013 Moderator
http://basicnerf.com/
RandomShadow09

The Nerfer formerly known as SpectreX

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2012, 01:34:02 AM »

Hey, could we get UPC pictures and the TRU item number?  I'll be going hunting tomorrow morning myself.  I'm in the northeast, so I'll report in if I can find things.

Vigilante
* Game Organizer

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2012, 02:41:35 AM »

Hey, could we get UPC pictures and the TRU item number?  I'll be going hunting tomorrow morning myself.  I'm in the northeast, so I'll report in if I can find things.
All the guy gave me was the serial number.

Camarillo, CA Summer 2011 Last Ten Survivor Group, Medal of Honor Winner, Runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Summer 2012 Last Five Survivor Group, 2nd runner up in MVP Fan Voting
RandomShadow09

« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2012, 02:46:57 AM »

That should do it.  Thanks!

Catastrophe
* Game Organizer

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2012, 02:36:14 PM »

Found one at a Toys R Us here in the midwest as well. I like it a lot, but geez there are so many locks on it. You can't even get a full trigger pull without a dart loaded (not sure if I like that feature or not...).

One other thing I disliked was that inside the battery door, engraved on the gun it has "Power up with Duracell". Also says the same on the box. At least its hidden by the battery door, but still. :/

I definitely think that it will become my secondary to my Pyragon. I can already see myself pulling it out of a holster, pistol style.

Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO
Game Administrator Spring '12 - Spring '13
Game Moderator Fall '13 - Fall '14 (semi-retired)
RandomShadow09

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2012, 03:12:51 PM »

No luck in New York. It's in all of the computers, but they don't have any. The TRU item number is 139066.

torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2012, 03:40:00 PM »

One other thing I disliked was that inside the battery door, engraved on the gun it has "Power up with Duracell". Also says the same on the box. At least its hidden by the battery door, but still. :/

Facepalm... alkaline power.

I can't wait to fix one up properly. One little beef though, anyone catch that the stock mount is ABOVE the bore axis? With a Retal barrel and an inline type stock it looks kinda wonky and can't handle too well either. I may need to make a drop adapter or a specialized stock for this so that inch of negative drop doesn't just drive me crazy, and the barrel extension almost needs a faux gas tube on top to not look so humpbacked and odd, and a taller front sight to match whatever you put on the receiver. It's just unavoidable how tall the flywheels are and it's clear Nerf tried their best but couldn't shake the Barricade-ish dimensions.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone

"Our survival instinct is our greatest source of inspiration"
Masturcief42

lol I'm teh mastur cief!

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2012, 04:00:08 PM »

I feel the need to integrate this into a stampede. I want to make a day-to day pede and this is looking to be perfect. Anyone care to agree or counter?

Go save lives, donate blood.
Vigilante
* Game Organizer

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2012, 04:27:25 PM »

Went out and got me two Stryfes this morning. Heres an unboxing video and my friend's duel wield firing test video, as well as some of his quick observations on the blaster.

http://basicnerf.wordpress.com/2012/11/26/nerf-n-strike-elite-stryfe-unboxing-x-duel-wield-firing-test-video/

And heres some things that I noticed about the blaster in it's stock form. Things such as 12.6v looking like the max voltage it can take, the jam door, and mag area that seems to do away with the Rayven problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRWzoeKAN6I

Crater

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2012, 04:38:40 PM »

No luck in New York. It's in all of the computers, but they don't have any. The TRU item number is 139066.

NYC, or the whole state?

12.6v looking like the max voltage it can take

Thermistors, I suppose. Wouldn't be difficult to remove, but with more voltage, it might destabilize the darts.

Games played: 5× afternoon pickup games, 1× night pickup game w/mission

Primary: Jaguar
Secondary: Alpha Trooper (repaired with springs from electronics recycling)
+ lots more blasters that I'll get when I go home for Thanksgiving.
RandomShadow09

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2012, 04:59:16 PM »

NYC, or the whole state?

Thermistors, I suppose. Wouldn't be difficult to remove, but with more voltage, it might destabilize the darts.

NYC and Binghamton. Didn't call all the way over to Buffalo, because I don't live anywhere near there anymore, but from experience all of upstate generally gets stocked at the same time. This is my first release season with access to the NYC market, so I'm unfamiliar with what to expect. It was at least in the computer for Manhattan and the Bronx.

The Stockade maxes out at 8.4v so it could be worse. It'll do 12.6v, but only for 10-15 seconds before overheating.

Bobololo

I Will End You

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2012, 05:07:14 PM »

The Stockade maxes out at 8.4v so it could be worse. It'll do 12.6v, but only for 10-15 seconds before overheating.
Did you take out the Thermistor?

Anyone wanna ship me one?

The YouTube Channel
Quote from: Daniel Beaver
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
Long live the Horsemen and hail Satan.
RandomShadow09

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2012, 05:52:29 PM »

Did you take out the Thermistor?

No, that's in stock form.  Of course if you take out the thermistor, then you can pump whatever voltage you want into the motors until they burn out.  I was just making the comment, because Vigilante was indicating that the stock voltage max for the Stryfe seems to be 12.6v, which I'm sure will be as simple to fix as a thermistor removal in that blaster as well.

Speaking of the Stockade, if the US is getting the Stryfe first, then why would they bother releasing the Stockade here at all?  I like the blaster just fine, but I really don't see any reason for it if you have the option of buying a Stryfe.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 73
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.