August 21, 2014, 12:01:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 73
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nerf New Blaster Thread, 2013 edition  (Read 130658 times)
ignis49

« Reply #165 on: December 24, 2012, 04:31:04 pm »

AHHH you beat me to the punch, I'll have pics of mine up in a few days.

How damn awesome does the balance of that thing feel though, amirite?

Totally, the Roughcut adds a lot of nice heft to the entire blaster and makes it feel like an actual weapon. Reminds me a lot of my airsoft days haha. Now all I need is that dang elite-styled pinpoint sight and the Raider stock I have back at college to round it out.
Thatguybackthere

« Reply #166 on: December 24, 2012, 08:21:23 pm »

I imagine that those will soon be mission norms in the coming year. And now that I've played with the strongarm, I hope nerf puts slam fire in everything.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 09:07:34 pm by Thatguybackthere » Logged

Primary: RoughCut 2x4
Secondary: Elite StrongArm
gnomeofdoom
* Game Organizer

PVC Warrior

« Reply #167 on: December 26, 2012, 03:37:07 pm »

I went to Toys R Us to see if they had anything new a few days ago. They had the Triad, so I got one and made my way to the register to check out and leave. I picked up some candy on the way there.
The lady asked if I had a TRU rewards card, to which I said "no". She asked if I wanted one, and I finally decided to sign up for one. After signing up, she scanned the candy and put everything in the bag. When the total came up $3.99, I asked if I was getting $5 off or something, to which she laughed and said 'no'.

Turns out, she had forgotten to scan the Triad, saving me $8 Tongue
Triad is pretty awesome, I finally understand why people like it.

Cheesy

I def plan to roll two of them the next chance I get, got them already as my video shows, and I just like the compact simplicity of them.

HvZ Alumni Player -SUNY College at Oneonta // HvZ Moderator and Graduate student - SUNY Binghamton // One day faculty advisor for HvZ at a university???

Weapon: Blowgun:
I've run out of space here to list them, so just go to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnomeofdoom314
BluEncore
* Game Organizer

SCAD HvZ - VIGIL Eternal

« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2012, 04:43:17 pm »

I went to Toys R Us to see if they had anything new a few days ago. They had the Triad, so I got one and made my way to the register to check out and leave. I picked up some candy on the way there.
The lady asked if I had a TRU rewards card, to which I said "no". She asked if I wanted one, and I finally decided to sign up for one. After signing up, she scanned the candy and put everything in the bag. When the total came up $3.99, I asked if I was getting $5 off or something, to which she laughed and said 'no'.

Turns out, she had forgotten to scan the Triad, saving me $8 Tongue
Triad is pretty awesome, I finally understand why people like it.

Lucky you. The rewards card is pretty useless. -_-

Honorary Member of Human Clan VIGIL
SCAD HvZ Gameplay Committee 2012-2013
SCAD HvZ Gameplay Coordinator 2014
irishknots

« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2013, 05:48:03 pm »

Ruff cut is now available on Amazon, however shipping is more than the cost of the blaster to my location.
Sad Day

Here is the link in case you are interested
http://www.amazon.com/Nerf-N-Strike-Elite-Rough-Blaster/dp/B009T45XN2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357163074&sr=8-1&keywords=Ruff+cut

Hope some of you may find this useful.

EDIT:
also available on Toys'r'us.com
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16055456
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 05:58:04 pm by irishknots » Logged

Primary: RapidStrike/Swarmy/RS mini
Secondary: 180 Blade Stryfe
Tertiary: Hammershot/Triad
Lots of ammo/socks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrW_0lfGSjg
Lamlamomo

Gangsta Rabbi

« Reply #170 on: January 03, 2013, 01:56:14 am »

I saw this on baidu.
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftieba.baidu.com%2Fp%2F2075368632&act=url
They say that it's a pre-production test sample. Also, it's labeled as CS-12.
TEH ALPHA MIGHT BE STILL ALIVE YAY
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:01:55 am by Lamlamomo » Logged
torukmakto4

Inhuman Resistance

« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2013, 02:29:46 am »

That has a standard non-Elite N-strike logo on the grip.

HOWEVER...

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/0d6b2e4f78f0f7360b33f8df0a55b319eac4132a.jpg (Cannot embed this image. The server seems to not like getting the wrong Referer header and spits out a dummy advertisement image.)

BAM. DP Alpha for the new era.

Also, that ORANGE receiver endcap is horrible. It doesn't even match the other Elite scheme CS guns that use that part. That would be the FIRST thing I do if I got one of these, put on a gray or black one.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:40:50 am by torukmakto4 » Logged

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st
You are now entering the Dart Zone

Quote from: Ross_Varn
Rabid squirrels are not an approved special weapon on any campus
Lamlamomo

Gangsta Rabbi

« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2013, 02:42:58 am »

Also, that ORANGE receiver endcap is horrible. It doesn't even match the other Elite scheme CS guns that use that part. That would be the FIRST thing I do if I got one of these, put on a gray or black one.
They mentioned that it is a pre production version. In the final version it will probably have the standard grey coloured endcap and they will give a different name.
Crater

« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2013, 05:09:19 am »

The server seems to not like getting the wrong Referer header and spits out a dummy advertisement image.)
The same happened on Google Translate; I could see all of the photos by clicking them.

They mentioned that it is a pre production version. In the final version it will probably have the standard grey coloured endcap and they will give a different name.
I'd be surprised if it doesn't get called the Omega Trooper.

Edit: This comment on Urban Taggers says that Hasbro plans to make an Elite version of every N-Strike blaster. I'm not sure I believe that. What about the Hornet and RF20 (for example)? They don't seem to be worth Elitifying, and we haven't seen any air tank-having Elite blasters so far.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:12:53 am by Crater » Logged

Games played: 5× afternoon pickup games, 1× night pickup game w/mission

Primary: Jaguar
Secondary: Alpha Trooper (repaired with springs from electronics recycling)
+ lots more blasters that I'll get when I go home for Thanksgiving.
SubjectOmega

T.W.O. Undead Threat Elimination Division

« Reply #174 on: January 03, 2013, 08:54:08 am »

While we're on stampede rumors GUISE THERES A RUMOR NERF'S MAKING A 50 ROUND STAMPEDE DRUM... just like the rumor the same thing was happening in 2010. And 2011. And January of last year Tongue

BUT...
This time theres a little more weight to the rumor, in the form of what appear to be
Patent Documents for... you guessed it... a stampede with a 50 round drum

"Am I tacticool yet?"
ilikefish58

« Reply #175 on: January 03, 2013, 09:12:44 am »

While we're on stampede rumors GUISE THERES A RUMOR NERF'S MAKING A 50 ROUND STAMPEDE DRUM... just like the rumor the same thing was happening in 2010. And 2011. And January of last year Tongue

BUT...
This time theres a little more weight to the rumor, in the form of what appear to be
Patent Documents for... you guessed it... a stampede with a 50 round drum

Via Bob: "This is an ornamental patent. It's stupid, because ornamentation should be protected some other way, but it isn't. This only records the "look" of the toy, not the mechanism."

As such, I'll believe it when I see it. Even if it IS made, I just don't see it being terribly useful for any purpose other than making your blaster look like a pee-pee. Too bulky, looks jam prone - don't trust.

Trying to keep the Blogspot updated in 2013.

Everybody poops
SubjectOmega

T.W.O. Undead Threat Elimination Division

« Reply #176 on: January 03, 2013, 11:16:36 am »

Too bulky, looks jam prone - don't trust.

This. As awesome as 50 rounds of spam fire sounds at first, that thing (if it even exists) looks like it'll double, if not triple the weight of just about any blaster out there. Also, it looks suspiciously to me like its the drum portions of two 35 rounders feeding into THE SAME stack portion - or worse, an attempt at a double-stack magazine in the center. Can you say "Kaboom"?

"Am I tacticool yet?"
JPRoth1980

« Reply #177 on: January 03, 2013, 11:29:40 am »

I would actually be very interested in the 50-round drum if Nerf managed to make it work.  But I doubt it.

Elite AT?  I think I may need new pants.

I want this in me.
Bobololo

I Will End You

« Reply #178 on: January 03, 2013, 01:32:48 pm »

Seeing the size of the beta mag and knowing it only holds 50, I'd much rather take 2 35 drums with me

The YouTube Channel
Quote from: Daniel Beaver
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
Long live the Horsemen and hail Satan.
RandomShadow09

The Nerfer formerly known as SpectreX

« Reply #179 on: January 03, 2013, 03:05:04 pm »

New Alpha Trooper looks sweet, but I'm wondering what the old N-Strike logo is about when they've clearly already modified the mold to make it read CS-12 instead of CS-18.

On the 50-dart drum, I'll believe it when we actually see a picture of a real one.  Everyone is going nuts over the patent being approved, but seriously guys Nerf doesn't wait for patents to put out products.  That's why most everything has "Patent Pending" etched on it unless it's based on something they already have a patent on.  If they waited for approval, then we'd never get new stuff.  They filed for that in 2010, and it just got approved now.  Nerf designs and pushes out products on a much faster timeframe than that.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 73
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.