December 12, 2017, 10:07:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 73
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nerf New Blaster Thread, 2013 edition  (Read 330464 times)
Ozymandias

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #1035 on: September 14, 2013, 08:12:19 PM »

Yeah, the only real downside to this forum is the tech problems, but that should hopefully get resolved soon enough.

Everybody being college-aged and the larger number of engineering majors certainly helps to keep this forum awesome. I think our loose-enough rules also are a big plus.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 08:14:18 PM by Ozymandias » Logged

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
Kingboy

« Reply #1036 on: September 22, 2013, 07:28:08 PM »

I feel like the Reddit is filled with too many FNGs…

There's some for sure, and certainly some that need to learn to use the Reddit search functions, but with the horde of MyLastDart's spammy self-promo blog links being cut down due to shadowban, I don't find it too bad most days. Not enough to put myself in the running for the recent moderator slot though—I had a feeling that would lead to me turning into one of those kinds of assholes that makes me only cursorily read NH these days.

It's a cylinder, not a turret.
Zim

I'm a Brony, Got a problem with that?

« Reply #1037 on: September 22, 2013, 10:01:15 PM »

Basic nerf had the details from amazon about the mega magnus.

It was described as "quick one handed blasting"  and something about a built-in 3 shot clip. And 85 feet ranges, but no pics.

Rexar5

« Reply #1038 on: September 23, 2013, 01:44:37 AM »

There's some for sure, and certainly some that need to learn to use the Reddit search functions, but with the horde of MyLastDart's spammy self-promo blog links being cut down due to shadowban, I don't find it too bad most days. Not enough to put myself in the running for the recent moderator slot though—I had a feeling that would lead to me turning into one of those kinds of assholes that makes me only cursorily read NH these days.

I prefer MLD's posts to most of the stuff on /r/Nerf.  Most of it is just straight useless.  At least he brings new info. 
torukmakto4

Interstellar Caveman

« Reply #1039 on: September 25, 2013, 08:45:01 PM »

Magnus.

Slide. Fixed mag (actually loads with a real clip, potentially?) loads through the action, not like a shotgun. Holds only 3 rounds, which is rather meaningless for HvZ, but at least this thing looks like a well designed gun with some thought put into it from the outside.

Looks big. I assume the slide cutout is the length of a round. My best guess is that it's not any of the C-gun stampede derived RP craziness, but possibly closer to the CS platform? A mega Retaliator?

Edit: Originally posted by WelshMullet on r/nerf.

"Are banshees legal in HvZ?"
Quartermaster, Florida 501st
All AC drives all the time from here on. Brushes suck.
My nerf blog
Sixth Kira

"I'll take this potato chip... and I'll eat it!"

« Reply #1040 on: September 26, 2013, 05:13:48 AM »

I think I'd have to carry one of these things just for the pure 'awesome' value of having the closest thing to a Nerf Desert Eagle on my person.

Wearer of the great and mighty longcoat. Worship my coat and all it stands for, gentlemen.

"Sir, how many darts does this blaster fire per second?"

"all of them"
Highlander

« Reply #1041 on: October 01, 2013, 08:48:50 AM »

Magnus.

Slide. Fixed mag (actually loads with a real clip, potentially?) loads through the action, not like a shotgun. Holds only 3 rounds, which is rather meaningless for HvZ, but at least this thing looks like a well designed gun with some thought put into it from the outside.

Looks big. I assume the slide cutout is the length of a round. My best guess is that it's not any of the C-gun stampede derived RP craziness, but possibly closer to the CS platform? A mega Retaliator?

Edit: Originally posted by WelshMullet on r/nerf.

Is this real?Or just a concept design?
Vigilante
* Game Organizer

« Reply #1042 on: October 02, 2013, 02:17:56 PM »

Is this real?Or just a concept design?
It seems pretty real.

http://basicnerf.wordpress.com/2013/09/17/amazon-listing-details-new-mega-magnus-blaster/

Camarillo, CA Summer 2011 Last Ten Survivor Group, Medal of Honor Winner, Runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Summer 2012 Last Five Survivor Group, 2nd runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Winter 2012 Games Organizer
Camarillo, CA Summer 2013 Moderator
http://basicnerf.com/
Boff

Bristol HvZ Founder

« Reply #1043 on: October 02, 2013, 04:21:59 PM »

It is real: bankcroft.de have it on for pre-order.

Highlander

« Reply #1044 on: October 02, 2013, 05:03:37 PM »

God...I need that. *_*

How I reload that thing?Seems very strange
Ozymandias

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #1045 on: October 02, 2013, 06:33:15 PM »

Top loading, I think. Very similar to the Quick 16/Speedload 6.

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
evands

« Reply #1046 on: October 05, 2013, 09:21:08 PM »

In case anyone is interested, I just saw that Toys R Us has the Centurion for $33.74, and they also have the Sonic Ice blasters on sale along with most of the other blasters.  Right now, their prices are pretty competitive to other stores, so I'd pick up on some stuff if you need anything.

EDIT:  They also have the Rapidstrike for $26.24
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 09:28:18 PM by evands » Logged

Standard Loadout:
Primary - "Banshee" Rapidstrike (Blade 180 motors, adjustable ROF/flywheel power)
Secondary - extra clips and darts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbZSFws1LMU

Quote from: Ross_Varn
Rabid squirrels are not an approved special weapon on any campuses, keep that in mind.
TremoughsFate
* Game Organizer

« Reply #1047 on: October 06, 2013, 11:53:40 AM »

In case anyone is interested, I just saw that Toys R Us has the Centurion for $33.74, and they also have the Sonic Ice blasters on sale along with most of the other blasters.  Right now, their prices are pretty competitive to other stores, so I'd pick up on some stuff if you need anything.

EDIT:  They also have the Rapidstrike for $26.24

Currently Walmart and Amazon.com also have the Rapidstrike at $26. I had to get one...
Pointman9

You can't spell slaughter without laughter :)

« Reply #1048 on: October 06, 2013, 08:39:43 PM »

Magnus.

What a perfect, compact shield breaker, for those with "large ammo breaks shields" rule.  I may have to get one of those.

Primary: The Punisher, Rapidstrike, Powerstrike 48
Secondary: holstered Triad, Joe Biden
Locke

« Reply #1049 on: October 08, 2013, 09:41:57 AM »

Pointman9, I've never heard of those rules. Elaborate?
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 73
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.