October 25, 2014, 07:10:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Camarillo, CA Winter 2012 Humans vs. Zombies (Dec 16 & 23)  (Read 5381 times)
Vigilante
* Game Organizer

« on: November 20, 2012, 12:17:37 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LulaWrcgYQ
Video trailer I made for the game, ALL footage from the Summer 2012 game.

Where:
5501 Mission Oaks Blvd
Camarillo, CA, US
(Searching up Mission Verde Park, Camarillo CA in Google Maps will also direct you to the right place.)

When:
December 16 & 23 (Sundays) 2012
(They are separate games, if you can't make both, feel free to go to only one then.)

What to Bring:
Warm Clothing! It is in December, and weather forecasts are showing weather in the low 60s for that day.
Sunscreen is recommended.
A hat is also recommended.
Water, theres only a couple of water fountains.
Money for Lunch or your own lunch
Blasters (nothing to crazyily modded)
Darts
A good attitude
STOCK DARTS ONLY

What NOT to bring:
Banned blasters from Nerf Wars
Common sense stuff thats way too powerful.

Hey guys, if you happen to be in Southern California, feel free to come to the Camarillo, Mission Oaks Park day long game. If you know anything about Southern California Humans vs. Zombies games, you'll know that theres not a lot of colleges or schools that have them over here. Thats why I'm pushing hard for this game by inviting people I know as well as blogging about it.

Camarillo is about an hour and a half drive from Los Angeles. The drive is well worth it though. Some unique things about this game is that the mod team changes every year. Each mod brings a different outlook on game missions and objectives, which makes for a truly unique experience each game. Game time is usually from 10 am to 4 pm with a lunch break around noon.

There is no starve out period, and stun timers are shorter to make up for the day long game.

The park has two decent sized fields on it, but the major terrain perk is that theres a two or three mile long winding creek that is great for missions and surprise attacks.

Only 1 safe zone.

An additional, smaller park two blocks away that is also sometimes used for missions.

Camarillo Humans vs. Zombies is back for Winter 2012! I'm actually the head organizer this time around, and I'm bring some new ideas to the table, including things like zombie missions, zombie buffs and rewards, and prizes to be handed out at the end of the game! This past game had 70 people attend, the second biggest game in Camarillo history. If your visiting and in the LA County area, why not come over to play some HvZ? If your thinking about going, we would love to have you!

Feel free to leave any questions here or on the facebook event page.

HvZ Wiki Link:
http://wiki.humansvszombies.org/index.php/Camarillo_-_Mission_Oaks

Event Link:
http://www.facebook.com/events/453999524652362/

Music Video Recap of the Summer 2011 Game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VooD44vx8Oo
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:33:37 AM by Vigilante » Logged

Camarillo, CA Summer 2011 Last Ten Survivor Group, Medal of Honor Winner, Runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Summer 2012 Last Five Survivor Group, 2nd runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Winter 2012 Games Organizer
Camarillo, CA Summer 2013 Moderator
http://basicnerf.com/
Masturcief42

lol I'm teh mastur cief!

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 09:12:22 PM »

lucky for me my Christmas vacation is nearby so I might be able to attend. But a few questions first. I'm under 18 so any waivers I need to get signed? You mention two dates, is the 23rd a back-up date? If not, that is the only day I can attend. By being there the second day will that mess with your schedule? Does that require me to be a zombie on the 23rd? (no reason to bring my swarmpede from Chicago then). Also, any things on the facebook page I should know about? (I don't have one).
All answers appreciated!

Go save lives, donate blood.
Vigilante
* Game Organizer

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 10:00:58 PM »

lucky for me my Christmas vacation is nearby so I might be able to attend. But a few questions first. I'm under 18 so any waivers I need to get signed? You mention two dates, is the 23rd a back-up date? If not, that is the only day I can attend. By being there the second day will that mess with your schedule? Does that require me to be a zombie on the 23rd? (no reason to bring my swarmpede from Chicago then). Also, any things on the facebook page I should know about? (I don't have one).
All answers appreciated!
Oh sickness. We would love to have you man.

You don't need to sign any waiver to play. Just bring your own blasters and ammo.

Theres two dates because their two separate, different game days.

I'll try and keep you updated with PM with any new info. Game time is about 9AM to 3 PM or 4 PM (with a lunch break around noon to 1 PM).
To be honest sign ups open around 9, and the game usually starts around 10 AM. We just say 9 so people can get there earlier.

Camarillo, CA Summer 2011 Last Ten Survivor Group, Medal of Honor Winner, Runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Camarillo, CA Summer 2012 Last Five Survivor Group, 2nd runner up in MVP Fan Voting
Masturcief42

lol I'm teh mastur cief!

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 10:13:26 PM »

Thank's for the fast reply! Also, would a swarmpede with a sgnerf spring be OP?

Edit: It looks like I can go unless something else comes up.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 10:17:37 PM by Masturcief42 » Logged

Vigilante
* Game Organizer

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 10:34:19 PM »

Thank's for the fast reply! Also, would a swarmpede with a sgnerf spring be OP?

Edit: It looks like I can go unless something else comes up.
Awesome!!!  Grin

And nope that's not OP. I'm probably gonna cap ranges at about 80 feet, since thats the ranges N-Strike Elite stuff get's. We'll also have a firing test from about 15-20 feet hitting someone, to see if it hurts when you hit them. And we'll also do a point blank shooting test, to see if it causes harm to a person that close.

Don't forget your bandanna and stock ammo only!

Masturcief42

lol I'm teh mastur cief!

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 10:47:13 PM »

Will a green bandana work? Or does that denote moderators/Npcs? Just want to know if I'm interfering if I bring Green instead of the usual Orange.

Vigilante
* Game Organizer

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 11:16:31 PM »

Nah, any color is fine really.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.