October 25, 2014, 07:30:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with Moriarty High School in New Mexico...  (Read 2685 times)
Wolf Flamekindle

« on: November 21, 2012, 04:12:06 PM »

Hi guys, I newly registered after hearing about this from Youtube's famous Lord Drac. I wanna start a game at my High school, and make it a club sort of thing. My first problems after I get it started: What should be allowed, and should I supply the basic gear myself? Also, I don't know how to present it to the school, and need some backup to help me out. Plus, I'm only a freshman.... If anyone goes\has gone to or knows Moriarty High School in New Mexico, PLEASE Respond and help me out.  Feel free to email.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 06:43:13 PM by Wolf Flamekindle » Logged
Catastrophe
* Game Organizer

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 11:56:57 PM »

The biggest thing with a high school club is finding an adviser for it (assuming you need some sort of adult supervision, as my high school required one). Finding one that would be excited to do this sort of thing is key to getting it somewhere. Another thing to consider is bringing it up with your school administrators and being as clear as possible.

The best format would probably be short, 2 hour games after school once every two weeks. If you're a bigger school where going out between classes actually happens, then you could run a full game (with missions after school for an hour or so).

Everyone is responsible for supplying their own gear. If people aren't wanting to spend money, just explain how socks work and to go out and buy some cheap.

Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO
Game Administrator Spring '12 - Spring '13
Game Moderator Fall '13 - Fall '14 (semi-retired)
Wolf Flamekindle

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 01:49:58 PM »

A real bad problem I ran into is my school district won't allow bandanas. They think it's "gang related." I need to find something else. Any Ideas? Huh
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:34:14 PM by Wolf Flamekindle » Logged
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 10:26:26 PM »

How about reflective tape(how could orange and lime green be gang related)?

Still standin'...
Styrfe Primary+Abs. Panther masterkey
2'Blowgun Sidearm
ryster2000
* Game Organizer

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 12:06:20 AM »

I organized a group at my school, we used yellow "belts"(yellow pieces of fabric taped together) and gave them to the humans. You could buy better quality belt at the office to customize yourself. Please check out the HVZ for LITTLE dummies-  organizing a game
Wolf Flamekindle

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 07:45:26 PM »

Once finals are over, we should get an answer from the administrators. It's either yes because It's a good way to stay active, or no because it has violence in it.... If they say "no violence," I'll just say, "You ought to tell that to the entire U.S.A. Media."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.