October 25, 2014, 02:53:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Longshot Straps?  (Read 767 times)
Viltris

« on: December 09, 2012, 08:23:05 PM »

I use the strap from the Nerf Bandolier kit. There's a loop right at the front of the gun for me to hook one end of the strap to. But the loop closest to the back of the gun is right in the middle, just over the trigger and priming mechanisms. Is there a better strap for the Longshot other than the standard two hooked strap?

A brief web search found this http://s228.beta.photobucket.com/user/AraKaraath/media/Nerf/longshot_strap02.jpg.html but I don't know where to get anything like that.

Or would I be better off just finding some scrap plastic and gluing it to the back of the Longshot?

Thanks!
Ozymandias

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 08:41:28 PM »

As a temporary fix, you could use zip ties through the stock's-slide slot and a key ring instead of all that nylon.

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
Viltris

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 08:55:08 PM »

That's actually really brilliant! I'll go pick up some zip ties on my next trip to the hardware store. Thanks!

Post Merge: December 09, 2012, 10:57:28 PM
UPDATE: I found an even better solution. I have an unused cat harness (leftover from when I tried to leash train my cats--it didn't work out too well). These things are designed to keep a 10 lb cat from running amok, so they should be able to handle a longshot no problem.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:57:28 PM by Viltris » Logged
agentjonnyb
* Game Organizer

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 11:51:11 PM »

As a temporary fix, you could use zip ties through the stock's-slide slot and a key ring instead of all that nylon.
That's what I did to mine! Just added some craft foam underneath to prevent sliding and damage to the paintjob...pics may be up soon, cus I also ziptied the rail towards the front, this has worked wonderfully.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.