August 27, 2014, 02:56:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ingress  (Read 4654 times)
gnomeofdoom
* Game Organizer

PVC Warrior

« on: December 26, 2012, 04:02:36 pm »

So we don't really have a "just chat" board anymore, I figure this is the best place for this.

I recently got an activation code for Ingress, Google's new ARG that's in closed beta right now, and I'm wondering a few things:
1) are you playing?
2) are you Enlightened?
3) if not, do you hate babies?

Anyway, I'm at the head of a loose confederation of HvZ players and schools in New York, and I'm encouraging any of them who are playing Ingress to hop on board with me as Enlightened, and extend our HvZ network into the world of Ingress. I feel like we've got such a good community through these boards and at our individual schools that Ingress could be a lot of fun and we as a single group could bring a lot of power to one side or the other.

I travel routinely around upstate NY to other school's events, and this would be a nice easy way to do things (especially during the cold HvZ off-season) with each other and encourage team work some more. Lemme know what you guys think!

Also, if you aren't familiar with Ingress go to www.ingress.com or www.nianticproject.com or just google ingress and read from tons of articles out there about it.

HvZ Alumni Player -SUNY College at Oneonta // HvZ Moderator and Graduate student - SUNY Binghamton // One day faculty advisor for HvZ at a university???

Weapon: Blowgun:
I've run out of space here to list them, so just go to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnomeofdoom314
Dyslexda
* Game Organizer

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 04:28:03 pm »

I'm on and part of the Enlightened. At least for me, it's not the greatest game as I live and go to school in two small, rural, Midwestern towns, leading to little "conflict" between the groups and few portals.

Hunting Grounds: Truman State University, Kirksville, MO

The Five Commandments:
1.) Don't Be Stupid
2.) Don't Get It Banned
3.) Don't Be A Dick
4.) Have Fun
5.) Play Like You've Got A Pair
gnomeofdoom
* Game Organizer

PVC Warrior

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 05:57:08 pm »

I'm on and part of the Enlightened. At least for me, it's not the greatest game as I live and go to school in two small, rural, Midwestern towns, leading to little "conflict" between the groups and few portals.

hopefully once the game is public, there will be far more competition around. As for the portals, check this out: http://support.google.com/ingress/answer/2808254?hl=en&ref_topic=2799270

go make some new ones!

HvZ Alumni Player -SUNY College at Oneonta // HvZ Moderator and Graduate student - SUNY Binghamton // One day faculty advisor for HvZ at a university???

I've run out of space here to list them, so just go to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnomeofdoom314
Crater

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 12:22:04 am »

I was relieved to see the app works on Android 2.3, but it's 22 MB! I'd love to join, but there's no way that's going to fit on my phone.

Games played: 5× afternoon pickup games, 1× night pickup game w/mission

Primary: Jaguar
Secondary: Alpha Trooper (repaired with springs from electronics recycling)
+ lots more blasters that I'll get when I go home for Thanksgiving.
Bobololo
* Forum Moderator

I Will End You

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 01:02:03 am »

Seems interesting, but I have a very dumb phone. When I get an upgrade, I will join Smiley

The YouTube Channel
Quote from: Daniel Beaver
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
Long live the Horsemen and hail Satan.
BluEncore
* Game Organizer

SCAD HvZ - VIGIL Eternal

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 10:34:59 am »

I have no idea what this is but I signed up.

Honorary Member of Human Clan VIGIL
SCAD HvZ Gameplay Committee 2012-2013
SCAD HvZ Gameplay Coordinator 2014
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 10:38:06 am »

Level 4 Enlightened right here! I've had a great time with it so far. Kind of rough right now for level 1 players with so few opened portals.

Loading Please Wait...
gnomeofdoom
* Game Organizer

PVC Warrior

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 12:00:18 pm »

Level 4 Enlightened right here! I've had a great time with it so far. Kind of rough right now for level 1 players with so few opened portals.

Tell me about it Tongue I'm still level one because there's 3 or 4 level 5+ Resistance in my area. A noble Enlightened from a nearby town came through and broke them all up, so I've managed to snivel a couple portals for my own that they haven't really noticed yet Cheesy

From interacting with folks on facebook, we've got quite a few people picking up invites now and they're all jumping on Enlightened too. Our collective HvZ presence is extending to Ingress Cheesy

Bobololo
* Forum Moderator

I Will End You

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 02:38:01 pm »

Just upgraded to a Galaxy S3 and sent an invite request in. Now I wait.

The YouTube Channel
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
tautomer
* Game Organizer

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 05:41:52 am »

I requested an invite back in November, and I just got mine last night Cheesy. I am resistance. But I pressed the enlightened button o.O

I sent a request to them to switch factions cause I didn't end up on the one I wanted. That, and my town is 95% blue so it could use some balance.

Either way, I think the game is awesome I really like it so far, and my goodness this has potential. There's talk that they might be integrating google glass into the game at some point in the future.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:44:30 am by tautomer » Logged
BluEncore
* Game Organizer

SCAD HvZ - VIGIL Eternal

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 03:17:05 pm »

I finally got accepted. I thought my town was dead and I would be the only one playing but as soon as I went downtown, it was a freaking hive of activity. I think I was too distracted during the tutorials because whenever I hack a portal I maybe get some things and then I start taking percentage damage even though I don't see what is actually being damaged in the first place. Very confused, but having a lot of fun.

Honorary Member of Human Clan VIGIL
SCAD HvZ Gameplay Committee 2012-2013
SCAD HvZ Gameplay Coordinator 2014
Bobololo
* Forum Moderator

I Will End You

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 01:16:14 am »

Just joined the Enlightened Smiley

Post Merge: January 30, 2013, 02:08:11 am
Double post, but whatevs

I recharged my first portal today, but I'm having issues with the GPS. I was going to take a new portal, but no matter how close to it I got, it said I was on a street too far away to take the portal. Anyone have a fix for that?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 02:08:11 am by Bobololo » Logged

The YouTube Channel
gnomeofdoom
* Game Organizer

PVC Warrior

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 11:36:20 am »

So I kinda forgot about this forum for a little while, dunno why I wasn't getting notifications on post replies...

So, sorry for the necro-post if this is.

How are folks doing in Ingress now? I'm Level 6, getting very close to L7. Anyone L6 and up just got extra invites to send out (I got 1) and I might be willing to part with it to fellow HvZ players willing to join the Enlightened. (Though ideally I'd give it out to someone more or less local)

Also! Who's going to Penn State? There's a whole bunch of Ingress players from NY descending on PSU in two weeks Cheesy

Bobololo
* Forum Moderator

I Will End You

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 06:54:11 pm »

Semi-necro!

Just got to level 2. Took a pause for a bit before figuring out how things worked in detail Smiley. Took 3 portals last night and 1 low leveled lvl 6 resonator today to take that portal Cheesy

I am in love with Ingress, bought the sticker pack on Google today

The YouTube Channel
RandomShadow09

The Nerfer formerly known as SpectreX

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 02:26:56 pm »

Level 7 enlightened (tag: RandomShadow).  Oh man, tons of portals on the Penn St. campus during the invitational last week!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.