March 28, 2017, 08:01:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Resident Evil Game?  (Read 3039 times)
GeorgeVerne

« on: December 27, 2012, 10:52:22 PM »

What's everybody's favorite Resident Evil game?

Before I say which is my favorite, I would like to say that in general I prefer the newer ones in the series..... Meaning the 3rd-person-shooter-view (4, 5, 6), rather than the older games with the fixed-camera-angles and puzzle based gameplay (1, 2, 3, veronica). Nothing is wrong with the older ones, in fact I usually prefer puzzle-based games rather than action games, but that's just my preference.

The newer ones are a little bit TOO action based in fact in my opinion, which is why I consider Resident Evil 4 to be the best in the series. It was a cross between the 2 different styles.

"If we hole up I want to be somewhere familiar, I want to know where the exits are, and I want to be allowed to smoke."
    - Ed, Shaun of the Dead (2004)
Mr. Three
* Game Organizer

13+ Game Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 03:46:26 AM »

RE4 wins by default, garnering ubiquitous praise from the gaming community.

My personal favorite is Resident Evil 2--branching storylines, upgradable weapons, crazy-ass monsters (scary Lickers), urban setting... this game needs a remake like the GC one.

RE4 > REmake > RE2 > RE0 > RE3 > RE Code Veronica > RE6 > Resident Evil Outbreak 1 and 2> RE5 > Operation Raccoon City > Gun Survivor (any).

Berea College, KY
Proud member of Z Squad
Quote from: Dyslexda
Water on darts? Certainly would be banned
But now I'm mad that I got trolled so I'm going to ban you anyway.
BluEncore
* Game Organizer

SCAD HvZ - VIGIL Eternal

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 09:18:25 PM »

RE2.

Honorary Member of Human Clan VIGIL
SCAD HvZ Gameplay Committee 2012-2013
SCAD HvZ Gameplay Coordinator 2014
GeorgeVerne

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 08:44:53 PM »

Nice! Re2 is definitely one of the greatest. That fixed camera angle just bugs me sometimes Tongue

That's why Re4 is the best to me.

Love hearing your guys choices though!

"If we hole up I want to be somewhere familiar, I want to know where the exits are, and I want to be allowed to smoke."
    - Ed, Shaun of the Dead (2004)
BluEncore
* Game Organizer

SCAD HvZ - VIGIL Eternal

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 07:23:28 PM »

I just feel like RE2 is the closest to what I see a game with zombies as a color being applied. Almost everything in it was amazing. My only criticism is that the puzzles didn't match the aesthetic of the rest of the game.

Honorary Member of Human Clan VIGIL
SCAD HvZ Gameplay Committee 2012-2013
SCAD HvZ Gameplay Coordinator 2014
Moe Zombie

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 10:19:02 PM »

The first one will always have a place in my heart. I remember playing the first one with my little brother and sister at night with the lights out. We couldn't stop looking over our shoulders behind us. 

Zombie apocalypse survival begins with Zombie Weapons
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.