October 17, 2017, 03:30:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nerf Blaster Buying Guide  (Read 194698 times)
torukmakto4

DANGER - Stored Energy

« Reply #390 on: April 16, 2012, 08:23:52 AM »

RFSG can be built HVZ safe, but it's somewhat pointless to do so, because you just made yourself a big Buzzbee Torrent. The RFSG's best use is as a war gun as spooky said.

CT-2406
Quartermaster of the Florida 501st

You are now entering The Dart Zone
geassmon

Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle...

« Reply #391 on: August 21, 2012, 05:40:45 AM »

I think I have enough nerf/dart guns for this year, but if there are some guns that get their price drop to an unbelievable price level of low-ness. Should I consider to purchase it?
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #392 on: August 21, 2012, 05:53:28 AM »

What blaster(s)? If anything, no matter how low they go, I wouldn't buy recons, mavericks, or deploys. Just not worth it...

"See you space cowboy..."
Primary: Minimized Demolisher
Backup: Socks/3' Blowgun
TheGrandKababi
* Game Organizer

The Con-Man

« Reply #393 on: August 21, 2012, 10:32:21 AM »

Speedswarms and Barricades seem to be in the clearance bin quite often now. I've picked up a few for loaner blasters for our club and they're both good for parts/integrations.

I've also seen half price Nitrons as soon as the Pyragon started showing up on shelves.

School: University of Victoria

Primary: "The Perforator" Reduced and spring modded Longshot
Sidearm: "Ole Reliable" AR and spring modded Recon
Last Ditch: "Never Reload" Foam KA-BAR
Equipment: Tactical vest with walkie talkie, headset and ammo pouch for 9 spare mags.
barbaraH3462

« Reply #394 on: August 28, 2012, 10:16:19 AM »

Budget Battler is not really budget-friendly I must say. $30? But I really want this one merchant account and have been craving for the belt blaster. Gotta have that.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:49:14 PM by SPooKYLuCaZ » Logged
MrPenguin

« Reply #395 on: October 11, 2012, 08:22:20 PM »

Any thoughts on the "New" Retaliator or the Rampage? I purchased a Retaliator and a Maverick on the recommendations from a friend, but after reading all this I'm torn. Still haven't opened either, so I guess now is the time to decide if i'm sticking with it or not.
Cazzums
* Forum Moderator

Graveyard Shift

« Reply #396 on: October 11, 2012, 08:55:38 PM »

Any thoughts on the "New" Retaliator or the Rampage? I purchased a Retaliator and a Maverick on the recommendations from a friend, but after reading all this I'm torn. Still haven't opened either, so I guess now is the time to decide if i'm sticking with it or not.
Was your friend planning on becoming a zombie? I don't know ANYONE who would recommend a maverick!
I own both a rampage and a retaliator and I am personally going to be using a rampage for the upcoming game this month just one one advantage the rtaliator doesn't fulfill for me. Both have their own strongpoints that should be considered when unmodified:

RAMPAGE
+Pump action
+More rifle-esque
+25round drum
+Slamfire
-Sans stock

RETALIATOR
+Tons of attachments such as stock, grip, and front barrel
+Super slim 12round magazine
+Holsterable
+Better ranges
-Not as blowgun attachable friendly(my own reason)

"See you space cowboy..."
Primary: Minimized Demolisher
Backup: Socks/3' Blowgun
Red

Stuck in 1863.

« Reply #397 on: October 30, 2012, 11:45:40 PM »

What do you guys think of vintage guns?

long story short, there's a new in box 1994 Ballzooka for sale here. I think it'd match my hypersight quite well.(you have no idea how long the range is on that thing)

RHIT HvZ player.
Weapon: Arm-braced blowgun, that's about it.
Exo

« Reply #398 on: October 31, 2012, 12:29:02 AM »

Budget Battler is not really budget-friendly I must say. $30? But I really want this one merchant account and have been craving for the belt blaster. Gotta have that.
What is a "budget battler"?
I was thinking about some blasters that could be easily used straight from the box, without needing mods to be useful.
1. Pyragon
2. Any other Vortex blaster
3. Rampage + Retaliator

And then a few blasters that would be good as is if you are smart and fit:
1. Rayven
2. Alpha Trooper
3. Stampede

long story short, there's a new in box 1994 Ballzooka for sale here. I think it'd match my hypersight quite well.(you have no idea how long the range is on that thing)
If you want it, get it, but don't expect to use it in battle, the ammo will be more of a pain than discs would be.

Also, I would have to say that if you need a blaster to just give out if a teammate runs out of ammo, or your blaster jams irreparably, or you need something smallish to pull out to run like hell with, then a Mav would be okayish in those situations.
Bobololo

I Will End You

« Reply #399 on: October 31, 2012, 02:25:59 AM »

Range is about 25ft. Ball blasters would be terrible for HvZ seeing the scarcity of ammo at an HvZ match and slow ammo speed.

The YouTube Channel
Quote from: Daniel Beaver
You may think it's mean of me to shit all over your creative vision, but rest assured that shit is an awesome fertilizer for the muse of the mind.
Long live the Horsemen and hail Satan.
Boom

« Reply #400 on: October 31, 2012, 04:38:02 AM »

Range is about 25ft. Ball blasters would be terrible for HvZ seeing the scarcity of ammo at an HvZ match and slow ammo speed.

Remember if you use it, it's for da lols. Also what zombie doesn't want to be hit by something that should be so easily dodged. I'd say use it, cause they wont be prepared for the slow speed.

torukmakto4: What do you mean I can't use it in a thunderdome? It's a Reflex for pete's sake!
azrael

« Reply #401 on: August 06, 2013, 01:36:21 PM »

Man, any idea where to get a cheapish Swarmfire? Missed out on when they were on sale.
Ross_Varn
* Game Organizer

Page of Bluff

« Reply #402 on: August 06, 2013, 03:02:21 PM »

Remember if you use it, it's for da lols. Also what zombie doesn't want to be hit by something that should be so easily dodged. I'd say use it, cause they wont be prepared for the slow speed.

Really outdated response, but I'm envisioning a "grenadier" style outfit with bandoliers of balls and souped-up grenade-launcher type monstrosities with Stryfe backup... that'd probably be a lot of fun to play.

Lindenwood University - St. Charles MO
Loadout: Agile Wit
Masturcief42

lol I'm teh mastur cief!

« Reply #403 on: August 07, 2013, 11:01:26 AM »

Man, any idea where to get a cheapish Swarmfire? Missed out on when they were on sale.
Amazon, it's where I get mine. You could go to the want-to-buy thread and post there to see if anyones selling one.

Go save lives, donate blood.
azrael

« Reply #404 on: August 08, 2013, 05:36:35 AM »

Amazon, it's where I get mine. You could go to the want-to-buy thread and post there to see if anyones selling one.
Thanks for the heads up, just picked one up for 18 shipped, I think that's as good as it's gonna get!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.