April 24, 2017, 07:04:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to start your own game of HvZ?  (Read 25092 times)
ritHvZack

Eveyone has HvZ in them, some just dont know it.

« on: October 15, 2009, 07:51:04 PM »

Well hello there <member of our community>.  Word on the street is you are trying to start a game of HvZ at <local school>.  Are you sure? like for reals?  Well ok then you've come to the right place.  These forums are your one stop shop for all your HvZ help.

"I have no idea where to start" -you
Check these links out
DMG - Dungeon Master's Guide is an amazing source for anyone lookin to start up, read it!
Andrew Ketrow's Essay - This is a longish essay was written by forum moderator Andrew Ketrow for your reading pleasure.

"This seems like it will cost a lot of money.  What do I do about that?" -you
Well, it can cost as much or as little as you want it to.  Some people run free games, while others are loaded with prizes and giveaways.  Check out this link for more info about Monetary Game Types
Note: If you would like to use our hosting service you may not charge for the game. (See Terms of Service)

"What is this hosting I keep reading about" -you
We can host a website that keeps track of all your players for your game using HvZSource.  That way you have one less thing to worry about! (and its free)

"How do I get this hosting?" -you
If you want HvZ game hosting please sign up here.

"Oh sheesh yall, my school is coming down on me, help?" -you
Head on over to the Fight for Your Right Board and check out the stickyed post there.  (I hear the guy who moderates that board is the shit)

"Why cant you read my mind? I have other questions too" -you
Well, if you post it we will help.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:55:01 PM by ritHvZack » Logged

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.
-John Quincy Adams
Polareverse

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 05:14:31 PM »

HEY! So some of my friends at Ohio University have been talking about their amazing Zombies Vs Humans experience. Now, the fact that the Ohio State University doesn't have an organized HVsZ group is bugging me. Because now, I'm going to have to START MY OWN. Think I could get any help on here?
ritHvZack

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 04:07:48 AM »

Yes

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.
-John Quincy Adams
Polareverse

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 05:23:16 PM »

Well, I think I am going to start a Facebook group. If I find another organized group I will merge with them....

I also think it would be a good idea to have a separate thread on here to organize colleges and universities who don't have an active group, but would like to start one.
ritHvZack

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 05:55:05 PM »

That's what this board is for, "Organizing & Starting Games"

-John Quincy Adams
Miniature Geek

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 10:11:13 AM »

I'm going to try to say this without sound like a whiny bitch, but I still afraid its still going to sound a little whiny.

Have you all ever thought of making a Printer Friendly Download of the DMG?  I just copied all the pagers and reformatted them so I could go over them while I was at work, but I was just curious as to if I just missed it, or if you had plans to make one.
Dinosaurchestra
* Game Organizer

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 10:06:16 PM »

As a side note, it would probably be pertinent to edit that monetary game guide page on the wiki, what with the new rules about charging money and such.

Name: Becky Wooldridge
Position: Game Admin
Zombie Apocalypses under my belt: 2 (plus all those ugly battles with administration, which are far worse...)
"War is a contagion." - Frederick Howe, Why War.
ritHvZack

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 07:54:50 PM »

Split to new post about duel school game, see this post  http://forums.humansvszombies.org/index.php/topic,1312.msg11114.html#msg11114

@Dinosaur  Anyone can edit the wiki if it needs to be fixed.  I am unaware of the final stance on charging for games.

-John Quincy Adams
Ozymandias
* Forum Moderator

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 08:10:32 PM »

To quote Fight Club, "Nothing is static." Really, nothing is 'final' in this game; it is constantly evolving.

By the way, what are these 'new rules' of which you speak?

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
ritHvZack

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 09:09:13 PM »

http://forums.humansvszombies.org/index.php/topic,1135.0.html

-John Quincy Adams
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 06:44:32 AM »

Humans vs Zombies is free to play. No one may charge any player to participate in any game of Humans vs Zombies - unless it would otherwise be impossible to host the game.

Games that would be considered "impossible to host otherwise" include games held at festivals, where the festival requires money to hold the game. Or, games held at schools which require club dues from its participants, such as ANU. Even in these situations, organizers will need to exhaust all other alternatives before we will allow them to charge.

You may not charge any player to play, even if you provide the player with material and/or other goods in addition to allowing them play, such as giving them a bandana or allowing them to attend a pizza party. If the fee is required to play in the game, it is against this Terms of Service.

Optional donations, fund raising events, and petitioning for funding from your student government or school administration are still allowed and encouraged.

You may impose other limitations on who can play, i.e. players being enrolled in your school or living on campus. You may require that players use bandanas of specific colors, but you may not require that they wear specific bandanas unless you provide these bandanas free of charge.

If you have this circumstance or something similar, you need to contact us here: [email protected]
Check out the full Terms of Service.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 06:46:04 AM by Sklovonz » Logged

Loading Please Wait...
Ozymandias
* Forum Moderator

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 07:05:57 AM »

Ah. That explains it.

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
Dinosaurchestra
* Game Organizer

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 12:31:44 PM »

Yeah, I know everyone can edit the wiki, but I kind of feel like when it concerns something like rules and official HVZSource policy, I'm not really qualified to do that. Neh.

And yeah, that's exactly what I meant by "new rules", sorry for not clarifying. I couldn't find it on the forums/site at first.

Name: Becky Wooldridge
Position: Game Admin
Zombie Apocalypses under my belt: 2 (plus all those ugly battles with administration, which are far worse...)
"War is a contagion." - Frederick Howe, Why War.
commandcomm

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 08:41:20 PM »

Ok so I'm new to this game and have seen how fun it can be. Thing is I don't go to college and I'm out of high school for a while I was wondering if there's some way to run a game that's a either faster or open places to hold games, like a indoor park of sorts. I'd love a office building but I doubt I can swing one. Any ideas? I'd love to get a good game going in San Francisco area going since the closest one seems to be Santa cruz

a true repair kit only needs 4 things in it: a lighter, a pocket knife with wrench tool, duct tape for when it moves and isn't supposed to and wd40 for when its supposed to move and doesn't.
Kentalon

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 05:33:41 PM »

Hey i am tring to start a game here in north texas i am out of high school and dont go to college. i have started a face book page for ppl in my area to join it is gainesville zombies i am going out to some placees the weekend to find a good place to play a 1 day game of hvz if any one is up for it drop me aline and if any one could help with some ideals it would help.  if any thing go to the facebook page and add as a friend ty
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.