April 24, 2017, 07:07:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Ordering Bandannas for Your Players  (Read 22691 times)
supermidget

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 11:36:43 AM »

Can we get them in other colors besides orange?  My school thinks certain colors are "gang-related", but they don't have a problem with hot pink.
Thehungerer

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 05:25:10 PM »

we used half lime green and half white bandannas during our last game(had some custom designs on them) those two colors work out really well, but if your worried about being affiliated with gangs just make the colors your college's colors
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010, 10:03:26 AM »

Can we get them in other colors besides orange?  My school thinks certain colors are "gang-related", but they don't have a problem with hot pink.
Blue - Crips
Red - Bloods
Orange - Zombies?

Orange should be safe.  We would be willing to print a whole new batch in a separate color, if you were to order a substantial amount.

Loading Please Wait...
Ozymandias
* Forum Moderator

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 11:03:16 PM »

The full list from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang_colors :

Caltrops - purple, yellow
Da Cholas Yo - Red, Purple, Blue
Bloods - red
Tree Top Pirus - red and olive green
18th Street - no color
Crips - blue
Grape Street Crips - blue and purple
Hells Angels - red, white
Mongols - black and white
Lindo Park Crips(south phoenix)- baby blue
Latin Kings - black, gold
Lucky Devils - white, black, fire red
Sureños XIII - blue, gray
Folk Nation - blue, black
MS13 - blue, white
Norteno XIV - red, black
Station Street Ryderz - orange, black
Trinitarios - lime green, red, white and blue
Bandidos - gold, red
La Primera - White
Rascals - Grey & black
Ghetto boys - blue
Peckham Boys]] - black
F2DAL (fox's leng) - pink
Tottenham Mandem - white (although black, blue, red, purple depending on set)
410 Gangz - green and white
Bolton Bolters - green and white
Neta - blue(or black)red & white
Black P Stones - red, black
Maniac Latin Disciples - light blue, black
Satan Disciples - canary yellow, black
Kebabs Hackney GF Mandem - Pink
89th street - Green, Black, Grey, Purple
730 GZ North Quincy - Red, Black
Linkin Park Bloods- Red, Green, black
Long Beach Crip- Black, Blue,
G.D.- Blue, White
Freelance/ Neutral- Black or White in plain clothes

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
One Winged Angel
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2010, 06:19:55 PM »

We have a pretty good chance of starting up the UK HvZ chapter this fall (and possibly university funding). I was wondering if it would be possible to get a bulk order of the official HvZ bandanna, but on blue fabric instead of the orange, and also how much it would cost for an order of 300 to 500 bandannas.

Yes, I'm aware that blue = crips, but I think a light enough shade of blue would work just fine.

Quote from: aylatrigger
Explosives aren't really my style.  I prefer thermite.

Quote from: Markus
Well, at least I know I could handle getting shivved in prison now.
Ozymandias
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2010, 07:31:37 PM »

Yes, I'm aware that blue = crips, but I think a light enough shade of blue would work just fine.

I don't think there are Crips in the UK...

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
One Winged Angel
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 08:29:59 PM »

I don't think there are Crips in the UK...

By the UK, you mean Lexington right Tongue?

Ozymandias
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 09:19:33 PM »

By the UK, you mean Lexington right Tongue?

Not many Crips in Kentucky either.

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
One Winged Angel
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 09:52:05 PM »

Not many Crips in Kentucky either.

That's what I'm hoping Wink

mcknightchris
* Game Organizer

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 11:50:32 PM »

We have a pretty good chance of starting up the UK HvZ chapter this fall (and possibly university funding). I was wondering if it would be possible to get a bulk order of the official HvZ bandanna, but on blue fabric instead of the orange, and also how much it would cost for an order of 300 to 500 bandannas.

If they can offer ANY other colors that aren't shades of orange, I could probably do a bulk order with TAMU.

Semi-retired from HvZ due to leaving TAMU. Hopefully I can make it to some missions and invitationals.

Squad: CDC

Insanity is just another state of mind... lol
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 12:27:24 AM »

How many would you be interested in ordering, and what color.  We could possibly make this happen.  We would have to do a special order with our printer before I can give you a price quote.  They have a similar price bracket that we do, so the more you get, the cheaper it can be.

Shoot me off an email or a private message so we can discuss details.

Loading Please Wait...
edrummer25
* Game Organizer

Use your head, cut off theirs.

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 04:19:31 PM »

The other moderators and I at my school are running into a problem:
Because this is the first time we are doing it at our school, we have no sort of school funding for bandannas, but in order to have the bandannas early, we would need to have a very early registration period so that we had an exact count of how many people were playing. I'm afraid our advertising might lose its effect if it is put out too early. To try to avoid this, I suggested heavily advertising the week before and of registration to get people signed up and to have their bandannas paid for. As of right now, with the long period open registration we were thinking of, I'm just afraid of ordering bandannas in advance without knowing how many people are even going to play, because the moderators will be covering the cost out of pocket with the hope of being compensated at the rules meetings when the people would pick up their bandannas.

Does anyone have any Ideas?

For an example schedule (we play April 4th-8th):
-Order bandannas - Feb 13.
-Put out advertisements until registration week
-Registration week (this is were we could have an advertisement table set out in student center): March 18th-25th
-Have two or three rules meetings between March 26th and April 3rd. Pass out bandannas at those.

I just need a surefire way of balancing ordering bandannas, compensation for bandannas, advertising effectiveness, and having the bandannas on hand as early as possible.

Post Merge: December 12, 2011, 04:37:04 PM
Humans vs Zombies is free to play. No one may charge any player to participate in any game of Humans vs Zombies. If you have questions about this or think your game requires an exception, please email us at [email protected]

You may not charge any player to play, even if you provide the player with material and/or other goods in addition to allowing them play, such as giving them a bandanna or allowing them to attend a pizza party. If the fee is required to play in the game, it is against this Terms of Service.

Optional donations, fund raising events, and petitioning for funding from your student government or school administration are still allowed and encouraged.

You may impose other limitations on who can play, i.e. players being enrolled in your school or living on campus. You may require that players use bandannas of specific colors, but you may not require that they wear specific bandannas unless you provide these bandannas free of charge.

I just read this in another topic, is what we were thinking of doing even allowed? Will we have to simply take donations and hope we make enough to compensate? I hope not, because college students have a tendency to be pretty stingy. We still have a lot to learn for this first game, I just want to make sure it goes smoothly.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 04:38:34 PM by edrummer25 » Logged

Primary: 12.6 V Rayven
Secondary: Socks
Other: Modded Maverick Rev-6
School: The College of Wooster
They feel no fear, why should you?
Catastrophe
* Game Organizer

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 05:19:36 PM »

Or just leave the bandannas up to the players to obtain. I'm able to find them at multiple craft stores for $1 each, so they shouldn't be too big of an issue for players to buy. Some probably already have one sitting around somewhere.

If buying is truly an issue, you could do the legwork for them, but I wouldn't bother with it.

Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO
Game Administrator Spring '12 - Spring '13
Game Moderator Fall '13 - Fall '14 (semi-retired)
edrummer25
* Game Organizer

Use your head, cut off theirs.

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 05:26:42 PM »

I think I will just have the mods all pitch in 10 bucks, order 120 of those bandannas, and don't get our logo on it for this FIRST game, provide the players who show up at the rules meetings with the bandannas for free, and take donations to hopefully compensate some of the cost. This doesn't hurt our advertising schedule, doesn't violate terms of agreement, and still gives us some unification. Us moderators can get separate, cooler bandannas, to identify us as such.

Primary: 12.6 V Rayven
Secondary: Socks
Other: Modded Maverick Rev-6
School: The College of Wooster
They feel no fear, why should you?
Spaztikko
* Game Organizer

BANNED

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 08:56:16 PM »

or why not get people to pay in advance, and you make a bulk order? makes more sense, and therefore any flakes lose their own money instead of you guys. just a thought

If you'll excuse me, I have to go kick a puppy.

Nodnodnodnodnodnodnodnodnodnod......
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.