February 23, 2018, 04:13:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st Annual PSU HvZ Invitational  (Read 23131 times)
Rosewater
* Forum Moderator

Moderator & Invitational Evangelist

« on: December 09, 2009, 01:41:25 PM »

Hi everyone, my name is John Mortara and I go by Rosewater at Penn State. I'm a senior and I direct Assassins as well as our short-term HvZ games.

I just recently got approval from the rest of the Penn State Urban Gaming Club to organize a weekend during which we can invite HvZ players from other schools to come to University Park and play an enormous weekend-long game.

MAPS LOLZ

We'd be able to put a lot of you up to stay and I guarantee you that this place is a lot of fun to play HvZ at.

I just need to know:

1. Who is interested?
2. What month/week/weekend in your Spring semester would be a good time for you to come?
3. How long would you guys want to play? A 24-hour game or a 48-hour game?
4. Would you be interested in doing a Nerf CTF or War game at first to get to know each other better?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is usually how our 24-hour games go:

* 8 AM * Meet up. We take numbers, pick our OZs, split up and brief everyone their first mission.

-- MISSION ONE --

-- MISSION TWO --

* NOONish * Lunch break, water break, first aid if needed. Small amount of safe time permitted to use the bathroom and get food.

* 1 PM * Mission briefing / Meet-up.

-- MISSION THREE --

-- MISSION FOUR --

-- MISSION FIVE --

* 7 PM * Dinner break, water break, first aid if needed. Small amount of safe time permitted to use the bathroom and get food.

-- MISSION SIX --

-- MISSION SEVEN --

-- MISSION EIGHT --

* 12 AM; DAY END *

**UNHEALTHY AMOUNTS OF DRINKING**

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have questions, feel free to ask, I'm still working out all the details. Finally, if you're interested in how our games work or what our campus is like, you can see video of us on our youtube channel: www.youtube.com/psuhvz
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 05:24:15 PM by Rosewater » Logged

John Mortara - Penn State Alumnus
- First-Annual Penn State Invitational Organizer 2010
- Very good-looking

Need help starting a regional/invitational game? Email me!

Quote from: Cweed
That's fucked up
BATMANG

Penn State Urban Gaming Club

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 06:41:51 PM »

OHAY, I'd totally be down.

Name: Paul AKA BATMANG
Position: Graphic Designer for the Urban Gaming Club
Blasters: Angel Big Bad Bow, Nite Finder, Socks.
Sklover
* Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 02:13:15 AM »

I am down.

I live in Pittsburgh, so it is not too far.   I am done with school, so as long as I know a few weeks in advance, I can take off work.  Any weekend works for me.
If you need a hand setting all this up, let me know.

Loading Please Wait...
Narwhal

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 03:55:55 AM »

I am down.

I live in Pittsburgh, so it is not too far.   I am done with school, so as long as I know a few weeks in advance, I can take off work.  Any weekend works for me.
If you need a hand setting all this up, let me know.
I think we'll need a hand getting the word out to local schools. I'm gonna start compiling a list of schools nearby that have HvZ games and trying to get in contact with them. Goucher would be cool to play with and I know you've got the hookup there. They're also relatively nearby: a 3 hour drive if you speed enough. You can IM either one of us about stuff or Skype it up, I think I still have you on Skype somewhere because I'm a creeper hahaha.

Vice President and Frontend designer of the Penn State Urban Gaming Club and all around cool guy.
legoexpo
* Forum Moderator

Destroyer of Worlds

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 02:41:18 PM »

that sounds like it would be intensely fun. if only psu wasn't so far from purdue. though i suppose it depends on the timing/exam schedule.

i'll ask around to see if people from here are interested. i know that people are already stoked for our spring game.

Purdue HvZ Administrator
Purdue Off Season Coordinator
Got a question about our game? Email me at [email protected]

broken

Accuracy Through Volume

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 02:51:18 AM »

that sounds like it would be intensely fun. if only psu wasn't so far from purdue. though i suppose it depends on the timing/exam schedule.

i'll ask around to see if people from here are interested. i know that people are already stoked for our spring game.
Ya same situation lego. Hey maybe we can see if there are enough people interested for us to like charter a bus or something from Purdue to PSU. If we can get that setup I'd be down in a heartbeat. Give me a chance to test out my new Vulcan I got on Black Friday before our spring game.

Purdue HvZ
Fall '09, Spring'11 - Extracted | Spring '10, Fall '10, Fall'11 - Turned at extraction | Spring '12 - Moderator | Fall '12 - IT Committee Head | Spring '13 - Turned at extraction | Fall '13 - Turned at extraction

Primaries: Rapidstrike, Blowgun
Secondaries: Stormfire, Socks
Rosewater
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 03:55:27 PM »

I'm still working on a date, so it would probably help if everyone can post the dates of their spring games so I can try to work around stuff.

- Very good-looking

That's fucked up
NonyDutton

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 11:54:34 PM »

I'll be there taking photos. This shall be documented.

A freelance photographer living in Baltimore.
Humans vs. Zombies Photography
Cpt NSSB

Keep your head on a swivel and your blaster ready

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 08:47:44 PM »

YES! YES! AND YES!!!!! I am completely up for this! Z.E.M. will be ready to roll!

Name: Colin a.k.a. Not-So-Silent Bob (NSSB)
          Founder/Surviving member of The Zombie Eradication Mercs.
Weapons: Dual Vulcans: First Dibs & Sloppy Seconds
              Stampede: Unnamed
Rosewater
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 12:26:37 PM »

Okay, still in pre-planning. So far we're looking at the month of April. Either the weekend of the 9th, the 16th, the 23rd, or the 30th. Any help people can do with the scheduling will be much appreciated, especially if you can tell me if any of these weekends will interfere with your own games.

- Very good-looking

That's fucked up
Wiggles9217
* Game Organizer

ONU HvZ Founder

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 01:13:59 PM »

Awesome! I definitely want to get in on this!

I'll see if anyone else at my school wants to go, too!

If you come up with a date, then please let me know so I can plan our HvZ game around it.

Founder of ONU HvZ.
Chuck

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 10:40:58 AM »

I'm prrrrobably overstepping my bounds in doing this, but oh well.  I'm Erik Norris, a fellow Penn Stater and Rules Councilor with John.  We already have our game set up to occur March 22nd and run for 17 days after.  That puts us ending our game sometime around April 1st. 

But enough of that introduction and information.  We really don't want to impede on anyone else's Zombie Fighting Action plans (hence why I let you know ours), and I know that not all schools have the same Spring Break schedule as us, like those silly kids in SUNY schools, so any information as to when others hope to have their game will help us along greatly!  What we're going to need closer to the event as well, obviously, would be a number of how many students you intend to bring with you. 

Other fancy details can be ironed out closer to when this happens, and I hope to meet a lot of you who decide to come down.  As it stands with me for housing, we could -probably- fit about 4 or 5.

Enjoy your semesters, hope I didn't come off like an asshole.
Rosewater
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 07:38:52 PM »

The official date for the PSU HVZ Invitational is APRIL 10th.

I will be setting up a Facebook event and sending out invitations to game mods. So far we've come up with these schools to invite:

purdue
suny geneseo
goucher
umass
pitt
franklin and marshall
university of maryland, baltimore
university of maryland, college park
kutztown
frostberg, va
ohio state
randolph college
ohio university at athens
bowling green
alfred
RIT

If you are a mod (or know a mod) at one of these schools or interested and from another school please contact/pm me so we can exchange e-mails. I already have several missions planned and I'm really looking forward to it.

SAVE THE DATE.

- Very good-looking

That's fucked up
Rosewater
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 05:19:55 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=394235850164&ref=mf

Epic planning underway.

- Very good-looking

That's fucked up
Wiggles9217
* Game Organizer

ONU HvZ Founder

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 05:31:40 PM »

This is awesome!

Our club here at ONU isn't official yet, but all the necessary paperwork has been turned in to our Student Senate, so we should be official soon.

Could you send an email to [email protected] with more info so that I can distribute it to our players?

Founder of ONU HvZ.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.