February 23, 2018, 04:11:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st Annual PSU HvZ Invitational  (Read 23130 times)
Pico

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 09:57:25 PM »

Hey everyone! Might as well introduce myself as well. I'm Ryan Misner and I was the 1st PSU UGC Technical Director as well as a former member of our rules council.  I ran our 3rd and 4th games of HvZ at Penn State.  I'm also an avid HvZ player too.  I'm so excited to see this finally happen! We've been building up to this for a while.

I might be able to house some people at my apartment, but I should probably ask my house mates first.
I'll post again when I know.

Penn State
"Ghost Particle" Admin
Rosewater
* Forum Moderator

Moderator & Invitational Evangelist

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 01:31:55 AM »

Okay, so I've had some excellent responses and a lot of confirmations on the Facebook event. I figured it would help if all the information that is becoming solidified over the next few months was published in one spot so we set this page up.

www.urbangaming.org/invitational

This will be the source of everything you need to know and will be updated throughout the planning process.

Thanks again everybody. I'll post the flier when it's done.

John Mortara - Penn State Alumnus
- First-Annual Penn State Invitational Organizer 2010
- Very good-looking

Need help starting a regional/invitational game? Email me!

Quote from: Cweed
That's fucked up
Zorg
* Game Organizer

Myles O'Neill - President of [email protected]

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 09:35:35 AM »

Looks like a really great event - though I doubt anyone from our side of the world will make it over there. Best of luck with it all. I hope it goes great!
Narwhal

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 04:59:43 PM »

Here's a sickass ad our graphics guy made us for the event:

^^Click^^^

Feel free to use it for advertising the event around your school!

Vice President and Frontend designer of the Penn State Urban Gaming Club and all around cool guy.
BATMANG

Penn State Urban Gaming Club

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 12:03:36 AM »

Oh man, I totally made that. ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD.

Name: Paul AKA BATMANG
Position: Graphic Designer for the Urban Gaming Club
Blasters: Angel Big Bad Bow, Nite Finder, Socks.
Shane

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 01:54:14 PM »

It looks like Pitt is interested in attending, but I don't yet know how many players want to attend.
Cpt NSSB

Keep your head on a swivel and your blaster ready

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 06:06:55 AM »

all glory to the hypnotoad?Huh

Name: Colin a.k.a. Not-So-Silent Bob (NSSB)
          Founder/Surviving member of The Zombie Eradication Mercs.
Weapons: Dual Vulcans: First Dibs & Sloppy Seconds
              Stampede: Unnamed
Gaeth

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 12:30:24 AM »

If I can make this, I definitely will.

i used a spring thingymagigy

Range: Nitefinder
Close Quarters: Deploy
Sidearm: Recon
Socks: Socks
Last ditch: SSPB

Team Cyborg

GO SQUAD PLAGUE ON WHEELS!
Rosewater
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2010, 06:05:33 PM »

I hate bumping old threads, but I figured some people would like an update of who's attending.

Currently, the following schools have contacted me and expressed interest. I am currently getting rosters from these schools and all of that should be solidified by March-ish.

SUNY Binghamton
Bowling Green
Ithaca
Goucher
Ohio Northern
Penn State Brandywine
Slippery Rock

Also, it looks like some of these schools might be incorporating this game at Penn State as part of their actual game's plot-line. I think that's really cool and if you want some help with that, let me know.

Finally, if you are a Mod or Representative for any other school that would like to participate, please send me an e-mail: [email protected]

- Very good-looking

That's fucked up
Ozymandias
* Forum Moderator

I met a survivor from Zombieland...

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2010, 09:08:31 PM »

If it were not for the 1510.15 mile (one way) drive, I would be all over this.

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dallas Metroplex, Texas
Last Defender
* Game Organizer

The Bearded One

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 02:05:44 AM »

I know I am coming in on a bit of a necro thread, but I've been lurking and finally have gotten the nerve to post.

My name is Ryan Evans and I am (going to be)a third semester player from Ball State University. I see this and I can't help but get excited. It's fracking awesome and everything about it is sweet. I've always wanted to expand the playing horizons and meet other players. I played at the first Purdue game (Leading an NPC group known as the Hospitallers during the final night mission and a very small portion of the last day extraction).

I am hereby asking to participate in this event. I would love nothing more than to go and play HvZ somewhere new and meet new HvZ players in doing so. As a normal player, am I able to do so? Anything I need to do to play in this event I will do, I am just excited at the prospect of getting to play another game!

Thanks!

School: Ball State University

GO SLAUGHTERHOUSE - The most hardcore Penn State group. We fought all day and endured!
Rosewater
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 02:59:47 AM »

I know I am coming in on a bit of a necro thread, but I've been lurking and finally have gotten the nerve to post.

My name is Ryan Evans and I am (going to be)a third semester player from Ball State University. I see this and I can't help but get excited. It's fracking awesome and everything about it is sweet. I've always wanted to expand the playing horizons and meet other players. I played at the first Purdue game (Leading an NPC group known as the Hospitallers during the final night mission and a very small portion of the last day extraction).

I am hereby asking to participate in this event. I would love nothing more than to go and play HvZ somewhere new and meet new HvZ players in doing so. As a normal player, am I able to do so? Anything I need to do to play in this event I will do, I am just excited at the prospect of getting to play another game!

Thanks!

Really glad to hear you're interested. The term "invitational" is a little misleading. It's free and open to anybody that pre-registers through me. I usually prefer that a moderator or representative from each school e-mails me with a roster they're bringing. If you know of anyone else at your school that is willing to come, please let them know.

Do you have a moderator's e-mail I could send the information to?

- Very good-looking

That's fucked up
Jack_Of_Spades

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 03:00:13 AM »

Oh, hey Ryan. I didn't know you lurk here too. Hit me up about this, if you're going, I wanna be right there with you bro.
Last Defender
* Game Organizer

The Bearded One

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 03:03:44 AM »

Oh, hey Ryan. I didn't know you lurk here too. Hit me up about this, if you're going, I wanna be right there with you bro.

I come back to check and you are the first person I see, Sabo. Lulz. But, it would be yet another honor to fight by your side, sir!

But yes, the admin's email for BSU is [email protected]

What is needed for the registry? If anything the group we run with will come up.

School: Ball State University

GO SLAUGHTERHOUSE - The most hardcore Penn State group. We fought all day and endured!
Rosewater
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 03:09:38 AM »

I come back to check and you are the first person I see, Sabo. Lulz. But, it would be yet another honor to fight by your side, sir!

But yes, the admin's email for BSU is [email protected]

What is needed for the registry? If anything the group we run with will come up.

It's basically just names and contact info, and then I pair everyone up with a host to have them stay the night here. There's plenty of information here: www.urbangaming.org/invitational and there's a handy-dandy guidebook here: http://urbangaming.org/uploads/documents/temp/invitationalguidebook.pdf (rules, regulations, some things to keep in mind when you come)

I'm gonna shoot your admin an e-mail and hopefully you guys can organize a group to come! I'm excited. So far the following schools have shown interest and contacted me:

PSU Brandywine (one of our branch campuses)
University of Pittsburgh
Bowling Green
Ithaca
Goucher
Ohio Northern
SUNY Binghamton
and
Slippery Rock

- Very good-looking

That's fucked up
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.