February 23, 2018, 04:17:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're a game moderator and don't have the "Game Organizer" custom title, please PM
Sklover.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st Annual PSU HvZ Invitational  (Read 23132 times)
mcknightchris

« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2010, 04:15:52 PM »

I really hope y'all do this again. I'm wanting to get the CDC up there, and they've expressed interest. The only problems are vehicles and gas. It's a long way from Texas. Any chance the next invitational somebody holds can be a little closer?

Semi-retired from HvZ due to leaving TAMU. Hopefully I can make it to some missions and invitationals.

Squad: CDC

Insanity is just another state of mind... lol
Hollywood
* Game Organizer

Game over man, game over.

« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2010, 05:11:35 PM »

Maybe you guys could hold one at you're campus.  Distance is always a problem, but you could hold an invitational for all the colleges in your area like Penn State did up here.  It's just a suggestion but I think that it would probably turn out just as epic (although that seems hard to believe) as PSU's invitational.

Slippery Rock University ~ HvZ
Chris Holroyd
-------------------------------------
First game - 2008 ~ Moderator - 2009/10
Squad - "A Team", and Plague on Wheels
Rank - Moderator and Scout
-Weapons-
Main: Recon
Secondary: Raider
Sidearm: Nitefinder
Rosewater
* Forum Moderator

Moderator & Invitational Evangelist

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2010, 05:19:06 PM »

Maybe you guys could hold one at you're campus.  Distance is always a problem, but you could hold an invitational for all the colleges in your area like Penn State did up here.  It's just a suggestion but I think that it would probably turn out just as epic (although that seems hard to believe) as PSU's invitational.

I agree. Do a search for all the hvz schools in your region and start e-mailing people. That's what I did.

John Mortara - Penn State Alumnus
- First-Annual Penn State Invitational Organizer 2010
- Very good-looking

Need help starting a regional/invitational game? Email me!

Quote from: Cweed
That's fucked up
mcknightchris

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2010, 05:22:41 PM »

Hmm, problem is, the only other schools that I know of in TX don't allow Nerf. So they may not have them to bring. That and I doubt our school would go for an unofficial student group inviting a bunch of other people to participate, even if we are tolerated. I also don't know of any schools that play in New Mexico, Oklahoma, or Louisiana. I know Florida plays, but the rest are either Northeast or West.

Semi-retired from HvZ due to leaving TAMU. Hopefully I can make it to some missions and invitationals.

Rosewater
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2010, 11:19:11 PM »

In case anyone was interested in the human mission list, here it is (without the edits we made the day-of).

Invitational – Admin Mission Book

8AM – Meeting @ Hammond
   a. Organize people in their squads, have them elect squad leaders
   b. Make sure everyone has bandannas
   c. Collect any stray weapons
   d. MAKE EVERYONE SWEAR NOT TO BITCH
   e. Separate zombies from humans, take zombies to their starting location

Mission One Briefing @ Hammond
a. Brief the humans together

b. JOHN: “You have been deployed to five separate locations and given separate objectives. At a specific time during the day you will be ordered to merge into one force, however you may join up with other squads if the numbers of your squad drop below 50% (ask a communications officer). Keep in mind your individual objectives must be completed if you merge. Now follow your communications officer to your starting location. Good luck.”

c. Send out the squads to their starting locations

Mission One: "God Damn You, Mr. Rosewater"
a. ADMINS: “The following communication was received at 0800 hours The source was verified as Colonel Kilgore. We have been dropped into the conflict zone at a location of approximately 40 degrees 47 minutes longitude and 77 degrees and 51 minutes latitude. Weapons crates have been dropped at a location indicated on the enclosed map, they must be retrieved at which point we will wait for further orders. Orders are to shoot all hostels on sight.”

b. STUN/INCUBATION TIMERS:    ______

c. TIME LIMIT:    NONE

Mission Two: “Zombie Sappin’ My Sentry”
a. ADMINS: “The following communication was received at ____ hours The source was verified as Colonel Kilgore. In this weapons crate you have also received two sentry guns from your superiors. You will have 30 minutes to place these sentries in their designated positions. Each takes 10 minutes to calibrate. If a zombie passes into the calibration zone, the timer is reset. You can choose to continue or abandon the site after this happens. If you succeed, each sentry gun will create a radius on the map in which the zombies cannot enter without being stunned. It is in your best interest to succeed. When time runs out, you must rendezvous at the Hub.”

b. STUN/INCUBATION TIMERS:    ____

c. TIME LIMIT:    00:30

NOON – LUNCH/BATHROOM BREAK – MEET BACK HERE AT 1:00 PM

Mission Three: “Anybody Alive? Anybody Home?”
a. ADMINS: “The following communication was received at ____ hours The source was verified as Colonel Kilgore. Now that the campus is successfully quarantined, we must attempt to locate and rescue any survivors. We have been assigned to a specific residence hall area and will attempt to find any sort of distress call or note from students that are in hiding. If you find any survivors, you must deliver them to the extraction point at Hosler and contact Colonel Kilgore for more instructions.”

b. Players will find a note with a dorm building and the code for the lock. Once unlocked, they will hold for 5 minutes and then they may leave with the NPC

c. STUN/INCUBATION TIMERS:    ____

d. TIME LIMIT:    ____

Mission Four: “That Ain’t Right” @ Hosler
a. Survivors will be sent to another room

b. Show Colonel Kilgore video

c. Admins will start a moral debate over following orders or not following orders. Admins will ask the players what they want to do. Follow orders or lie?

d. Humans will be asked to elect a leader

(A) Mission Four: If they follow orders
a. ADMINS: “You will need to carry each of the 5 survivors to different points on campus and restrain then using rope. They have to then administer the experimental anti-virus. You can split up or move as one group to execute this. For every survivor that is tagged before reaching the specified location, one sentry gun will be destroyed as punishment from Colonel Kilgore. Rendezvous at Chambers.”

c. TIME LIMIT:    01:00¬

(B) Mission Four: If they DON’T follow orders
a. ADMINS: “If we are going to keep these survivors alive, we must patch their wounds up. There are some important medical supplies at the Student Health Center. You must carry the wounded survivors there and guard the location for 15 minutes as the supplies are readied. You will then be required to complete difficult surgery on each survivor. Finally, you will drop them off at the escape tunnels by Ferguson on the way to your rendezvous at Chambers.”

c. TIME LIMIT:    ____

Mission Five: “Gimme Dat Rainbow Juice”
a. ADMINS: “Unlike these survivors you just rescued, you are not immune to the airborne infection. Your dosages from before the mission are slowly running out. You now need to retrieve your final dose. The airforce has dropped packages for each color serum. There are eight locations. You can either split up or go in a large group, but you must all ingest the serum corresponding to your color before time runs out or you will be zombified. When you have completed your mission, rendezvous at Hosler.”

c. TIME LIMIT:    1:15

(A) Mission Five: If they followed orders
a. File into the building
b. Show Kilgore video – 5.A
c. Human leader spins the wheel

(B) Mission Five: If they didn’t follow orders
a. File into the building
b. Show Kilgore video – 5.B
c. Human leader spins the wheel

7PM – DINNER/BATHROOM BREAK – MEET BACK HERE AT 8:00 PM

Mission Six: “Burning Bridges”
a. ADMINS: “Colonel Kilgore is sending in his new army to replace us. They are rolling into campus from the East on tanks. We can’t possibly take them on as well as an ever-growing Horde. We must retreat across the IST bridge, plant 5 explosive charges, and blow the bridge to cut ourselves off from core campus. This will not only slow Kilgore down, but it will also force the Horde to find a different route to us.”

c. TIME LIMIT:    00:45

Mission Seven: "WTF Fanfiction??”

a. ADMINS: “We are starting to suspect that Colonel Kilgore might have had something to do with this outbreak. Perhaps it was a military cover-up. Who knows? Let’s search around these science facilities to try to find any evidence we can. There are five piles of manila envelopes. Somewhere in each pile will be a military document.  The Horde hasn’t gotten past the collapsed bridge yet. They should be coming in waves. The faster we complete this mission, the fewer Zombies we’ll have to fight. When you have found all you can, report to the half circle area for further instructions”

c. TIME LIMIT:    NONE

Mission Eight: "Can't stop the signal" - (skippable)
a. ADMINS: “Now that we have all the incriminating evidence we can gather, we must scan it into the transmitter here and broadcast it all to the world.”

b. Zombies may still be coming in waves; however once the humans have finished scanning the evidence, zombies are no longer stunned but out of the game when shot. Any remaining zombies will be released at this time.

Mission Nine: "Tank, I Need to Know How to Fly a Helicopter"
a. ADMINS: “Alright, we’ve done all we can. Now let’s hijack that helicopter north of here and escape. We’re going to need someone to hot-wire it though, since there aren’t any keys. There will be schematics and circuitry to work with.”

b. The remaining humans run to the helicopter located near the IM fields. Complete a circuit using electrical parts and a schematic to "hot-wire" the helicopter. Zombies are still out of the game when shot.

There are more details left out, but that's just an idea of how the day went.

- Very good-looking

That's fucked up
Chuck

« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2010, 03:22:02 PM »

The shout out to our OZs that made this all possible:
Matt Mols
Jeff Kelbick
Nolan Galbraith
Wesley Strieter
Dan Barna
Drew Zamudio
Matt Olsen
Jesse Delozier
Paul Karavayev
Claudia Shuman
Rachel Altvater
Erik Norris
Adam Cochrane
Jonathan Shaffer
Lee Moore

OZs who were but weren't:
JC Clarke (who woke up too late.)
Samuel Larsen (First tag, overall awesome guy, woke up too late.)

I really can't wait to get video up on this.
jjj2576
* Game Organizer

« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2010, 01:27:28 PM »

Is UMBC planning their invitational for Fall 2010 or Spring 2011? (SRU is planning for Spring 2011)

-The Jesse J. R. Jennings

Primary: Modifed LongShot (Added Spring)
Secondary: Modified NiteFinder (PVC Barrel, AR's removed, Added Spring, Rubberbands)

[1:22:21 AM] Erik "Chuck" Norris: Voldemort's truer evil was making Turtles On Tour
Rosewater
* Forum Moderator

« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2010, 01:32:12 PM »

Is UMBC planning their invitational for Fall 2010 or Spring 2011? (SRU is planning for Spring 2011)

I was thinking about having a Skype call in the next few weeks between a bunch of us to make sure we plan around each other's events so everyone can attend. You down?

- Very good-looking

That's fucked up
Mzzkc
* Game Organizer

« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2010, 07:14:17 PM »

Our President is still working on getting everything approved with campus police. Next time I see her I'll be sure to inquire further and let her know you want to get in contact with her.

Alternatively, I'll send you her school email if you'd prefer that.
CaptainWiggles

« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2010, 12:19:59 AM »

Hmm, problem is, the only other schools that I know of in TX don't allow Nerf.

Schools in Texas don't allow nerf guns...stereotype shattered.

Brady Knepp
Weapons: Whatever I can find around the house before HVZ starts, along with blow guns.  Hopefully, by Fall 10, a homemade gatling gun.
Campus: Ball State University
Narwhal

« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2010, 03:28:18 AM »

Our President is still working on getting everything approved with campus police. Next time I see her I'll be sure to inquire further and let her know you want to get in contact with her.

Alternatively, I'll send you her school email if you'd prefer that.
Our campus police really liked the fact that all visiting players would be accompanied by a student at all times. They also appreciated the OZ texting system we had so we could notify a lot of players at once.

If she needs any help with the cops, those two points really helped us out.

Vice President and Frontend designer of the Penn State Urban Gaming Club and all around cool guy.
mcknightchris

« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2010, 12:36:22 AM »

Schools in Texas don't allow nerf guns...stereotype shattered.

Well, the ones who asked for permission to play did. Here at TAMU, we played first then started working with the campus police to notify them when we were having missions. We are hesitant to become a student organization because of the other schools, and we really don't want to have that much oversight. I think that the minute we ask permission, we're done for.

Mzzkc
* Game Organizer

« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2010, 07:21:53 PM »

Right now the tentative date is set for the weekend of the 22nd-24th of October.
jjj2576
* Game Organizer

« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2010, 12:08:27 AM »

Well, give me a heads up on facebook about details. Slippery Rock University is definitely pumped to come!

-The Jesse J. R. Jennings (Moderator & Star-Goat)

Primary: Modifed LongShot (Added Spring)
Secondary: Modified NiteFinder (PVC Barrel, AR's removed, Added Spring, Rubberbands)

[1:22:21 AM] Erik "Chuck" Norris: Voldemort's truer evil was making Turtles On Tour
D-Mo

« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2010, 09:16:34 AM »

I would love to come but I am not entirely sure right now if I'd be open  Cry

But if SRU is having a game I will definitely go since Grove City is so close.

And if PSU has another game (even if it were in the summer) it would be perfect since I have some relatives up there Grin

-Weapon Layout-

-Primary: Raider

-Secondary: Sawed off Buzz Bee Double-Shot (w/shell holder on side)

-Sidearm: Nite Finder (AR removed, gutted the laser, and added LED light on side)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

All opinions expressed on this web forum are those of the individual authors and not of Gnarwhal Studios INC.

"Humans vs. Zombies" and "HvZ" ® 2005-2012 Gnarwhal Studios INC.
HVZ SOURCE is a project created by Chris Weed (Dreamer of Dreams), Brad Sappington, Joe Sklover, Justin Quick,
Trevor Moorman, Max Temkin, and Ben Beecher.